Jester

Construction, biting my tongue

Jester

Here I sit with egg on my face, eating crow and owe a doughnut!   Crow is always better eaten warm.

The door actually opens!   Of course the concrete is 3/4"  thick :oldtimer:

Nice finish also, akin to walking on broken glass,  Very forward thinking of them to make a non slip surface.

• Haha 4

towboat72
13 hours ago, Jester said:

What it really adds up to is do I want to be right or do I want to be happy.  

I would be happy if only the job was done right.😁😁

SkyMan
Posted (edited)

It's a question of whether you want the headache of getting it done right or the headache of living with a bad job for however many years you may have to put up with something done wrong.  You may have to decide which errors you can live with and which you can't.

I tend to lean towards the fix it now attitude and then I don't have to live with whatever and be reminded of it every time I see it.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 4

lamoe
3 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

It's a question of whether you want the headache of getting it done right or the headache of living with a bad job for however many years you may have to put up with something done wrong.  You may have to decide which errors you can live with and which you can't.

No sealing gasket on gas tank fuel pump / sensor unit was one that almost made sure I couldn't live with it. Gas leaked out if filled tank and drove up ramp right after.

Went back to builder - asked assembler why? He told me that boss said didn't have so just finish job.

Owner said 4 / 5 days to get new (?) one

I had the Pakistani owner take the one out of his multicab and put in mine while I watched.

smokey

All my jobs turn out great of course I pay him 850 day and 400 for helper has own tools

• Like 1

Jester
Posted (edited)

aaa.PNG

aaa.PNG

aaa.PNG

Edited by Jester

Salty Dog

Jester
7 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Watch very carefully and can spot the flaws!