Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

13A Visa and leaving?

SkyMan
Posted (edited)

I noticed something interesting on the BI website regarding ECCs (more commonly referred to as exit Visas) that I don't think has been discussed before. 

ECC-A, or regular ECC is for a list of people, most often tourists who have been in country over 6 months.  It is obtained at the BI more than 72 hours before departure. I believe it can also be obtained at the airport if your stay is less than a year. 

ECC-B is for Visa holders such as 13A and is only obtained at the airport on departure. 

However,  I notice that a 13A holder can get an ECC-A at the BI if they're not planning to return. In other words,  you are leaving and surrendering your 13A at the same time. 

I believe there has been some question in the past about how someone with a 1A could leave and come back on a BB Visa  so this seems like the way to do it.

http://immigration.gov.ph/faqs/emigration-clearance-certificate-ecc

Edited by SkyMan

Woolf
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

ECC-A, or regular ECC is for a list of people, most often tourists who have been in country over 6 months.  It is obtained at the BI more than 72 hours before departure. I believe it can also be obtained at the airport if your stay is less than a year. 

and your flight is leaving within 24 hours

Edited by Woolf