colemanlee

It’s not just foreigners who are expected to splash the cash

Semper paratus

Wellfare is the perpetual motion self replicating machine scientist have been trying to invent for many moons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ozepete
22 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

Wellfare is the perpetual motion self replicating machine scientist have been trying to invent for many moons.

Well they should come here to Oz, we are the welfare experts!  :cry:. Welfare has been well and truly mastered to a fine art.... and not just those truly in need, bludging bastards!

A mate of mine once said to me "shit mate, if you was Prime Minister there would be a lot more skinny bastards hanging around"! (And he was right!) :good:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

towboat72

The last time we let family members borrow money was when we paid for a nephew taking seamans classes. Did not really want to do it but did it anyway.Ever time ,it was only need P 10,000 more.Finally he got job.After 6 months my wife ask about a repay plan,never happened.

Finally after three years wife told her aunt she wanted payments.

Now we are the bad people,because the seaman can no longer send b/b boxes home with gifts for the family.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Semper paratus

Several years ago we put a niece through 3 years of college. She dropped out, shacked up with a guard, has 2 kids, no marriage,. Never again for any family member. What a waste of money and time. Lesson learned. No one dare even ask since then. Oh and this guard kid crashed his motorbike somewhere where he wasn't supposed to be instead of being at work, had of course a head injury, and hasn't worked since. That was about 6 months ago. Can't fix stupid. 

• Like 8

savarity

Lend meant give to the people I grew up around in the US too.

• Haha 1

smokey

Shit happens. Loaned out 197.000 to 8 people received 16.000 back enough said

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jtmwatchbiz
2 hours ago, smokey said:

Shit happens. Loaned out 197.000 to 8 people received 16.000 back enough said

be patient.  i told you i will pay you back as soon as i get a job.  i'm not like those 7 others!   

• Haha 7

HTM

I don't really understand the problem!
I have sponsored many children and young people, both for school and medical care. Paid lawyers and legal expenses. I have also provided interest-free loans for  purchase of MC.
All this is voluntary! VOLUNTARY!
Remember you are an adult and you make your own choices in life.
Some spend more money on alcohol a month than it costs to give 10-20 children an education.

Your choice, no one else's!

• Like 3

jtmwatchbiz
1 hour ago, HTM said:

Remember you are an adult and you make your own choices in life.
Some spend more money on alcohol a month than it costs to give 10-20 children an education.

whoa take it easy.  if it wasn't for some people's poor choices and judgement then what would they have to talk about?  USA politics?  :biggrin_01:

• Haha 4

cookie47

Somewhat like Aussie Pete we didn't expect one cent back that was "invested" however my point was i was trying to educate our nieces that borrowing money outside of the Philippines has different expectations regarding repayment than within. Assuming that they do have the opportunity to travel, particularly to Australia Or the Uk and adopt the same approach as they do in the Philippines they certainly would be viewed with distain by the wider NON Philippine community.

If one forgets one's wallet and cannot buy lunch in Australia its not uncommon to borrow money from a work colleague and in fact the colleague may not even take the money when Returned.

HOWEVER.
making an effort to offer is the norm.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Laurence
On 4/1/2019 at 2:54 AM, Headshot said:

Just out of curiosity, is your money yours and not ours? I have never had a situation where my wife's money was separate from my money. To me, money, regardless of where it came from, is our money. But then, I was raised to believe that a marriage is a partnership, where both partners contribute their fair share to the family's well being. If both partners are working for money, then the money goes into a common pot and both help around the home. If one partner is working in the home to improve the lives of all family member, then the other partner may be contributing all of the money, but the stay-at-home partner's work is a contribution nonetheless. I guess I am kind of old fashioned that way.

We contribute to her family, but we discuss it first and have an agreement before we contribute anything.

My wife earns. It's up to her to spend her earnings wherever and whenever she wishes. She can give me cash, spend on our family, suggest 50/50 for vactaions ... whatever. Her money, her choice.