Sign in to follow this  
throttleplate

credit card hacked again

Dafey

You can turn on and off Discover card whenever you want. Good luck trying to find someone who takes Discover here!

SkyMan
On 3/31/2019 at 9:15 PM, SkyMan said:

Someone got my card from the Cebu Pacific site and used it for a flight to Manila on CP and then PAL to Thailand.  I got a new card fairly quickly.  I don't use debit or prepaid cards but watch my ccs closely.

This was the only time I've had a cc problem here in over 11 years and I use them whenever the place will take them.  Also, Lazada and buying load from SMART online.  I think all this prepaid stuff adds an extra layer of annoyance to something that is supposed to be convenient so if it makes you feel better, fine.  But for me it would be an unnecessary hassle.

• Like 1

Semper paratus
6 hours ago, SkyMan said:

This was the only time I've had a cc problem here in over 11 years and I use them whenever the place will take them.  Also, Lazada and buying load from SMART online.  I think all this prepaid stuff adds an extra layer of annoyance to something that is supposed to be convenient so if it makes you feel better, fine.  But for me it would be an unnecessary hassle.

What unnecessarily hassle is that with prepaid ? For BPI I simply log on to my account , tell it how much I want to add to my prepaid card, and presto. It all takes about 30 seconds. No billing to worry about, no payments to make. Beats me how it could be any easier, other than just carrying cash. No hassle here. 

SkyMan
2 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

For BPI I simply log on to my account , tell it how much I want to add to my prepaid card, and presto. It all takes about 30 seconds. No billing to worry about, no payments to make. Beats me how it could be any easier, other than just carrying cash. No hassle here. 

I made charges at Sbarro and Ace HW today.  The wifi at SM sucks so I would be unlikely to log into my BPI account to make any transfer, and oh yeah, BPI has been under maintenance for a few days so even if the wifi was good I'd still be screwed.  Then I made a charges at Rustan's Ayala and S&R and I don't know of any wifi there.  USAA is set to pay off my card every month from my checking account where my pension goes so no interest charges.  I don't need to remember to put pesos in my BPI account to cover transfers to a card for purchases.  That's the way I like it and I think it's easier.  Others have their preferences.

Woolf

I have used my Danish mastercard in usa, argentina, philippines, germany

use it for paying Lazada, the few times I have send items back to Lazada, money have been back on my account in a few days

never had a problem with my master card 

• Like 1