Semper paratus

Italian Expat shot by two strangers at his home in Dauin, Negros Oriental

Semper paratus

Keep a low profile, Foreigner killed in Dauin Neg. Or.

A quick search on google reveals this guy was a "Owner at The Apo Bay Resort and Residence Development Corp." per Linkedin.

I can see many possibilities as to motives here. Mo money mo problems.

Negros - A 49-year-old Italian was shot dead by two strangers on Thursday shortly before midnight at his home in Dauin, Negros Oriental province. The victim was identified as Andrea Guarniero, an entrepreneur, a rugby fan and a former political scientist from Padua. Italy, who emigrated to the Philippines in 2016 to pursue a career as a real estate broker. Guarniero is married to the Filipina and has a 9 year old son with her. Guarniero was in an outhouse from his house while his wife, son and two sister-in-law were sitting in front of the TV in the villa. The Italian worked in his office on the computer when the two strangers invaded and killed him with three shots. Guarniero was hit in the head, in the chest and in the hand and was killed on the spot. The motive for the murder is not yet known.

Here's the police report.

1. What: Shooting Incident Involving Foreign National
2. Where: Brgy Poblacion District 1, Dauin, Negros Oriental
3. When: March 28, 2019/At about 8:50PM Date/Time reported: March 28, 2019 at 9:04PM.
4. Who: Victim: Andrea Guarniero, Male, DOB January 15, 1970, Italian National, married, a resident of Brgy Poblacion District 1, Dauin, Negros Oriental Suspects: Two (2) unidentified suspects
5. Why: For follow-up investigation
6. How: At about 9:04 PM of March 28, 2019, PSSGT Julmar Berdijo received telephone call from a concern citizen thru Dauin PS hotline regarding a gunfire at the residence of the victim. Immediately, personnel of Dauin Police Station led by PCMSGT John Paul Poliquit responded the above mentioned place. Initial investigation disclosed that while of the family were watching tv at lobby of the main house, they heard three burst of gunfire coming from the office area of the victim. Thereupon one April Aquina Clores verified and saw two male persons, all slim build, estimated at about 5’5” in height more or less were at the side of the office. The said profile of the two male persons are not familiar from her considering the darkness of the area, she was not able to thoroughly verify the suspects and then vanished in the dark. That when further verified in a few minutes he saw the victim lying at the floor with a pool of blood coming from his head. The victim was rushed to the hospital on board a municipal ambulance but declared DOA by the attending physician Dr. Richmond Azuela of the Holy Child Hospital at about 9:48 in the evening of the same date. Coordination was made at the Provincial Crime Laboratory-Dumaguete Field Office for the processing of the crime scene but no more available personnel from the SOCO and are already deployed for SEMPO. Investigators of Dauin Police Station composed of PMSGT Victorio Bantoto and PSSGT Charlie Dellona conducted crime scene processing and initial investigation. Motive of the incident still to be determined.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

oztony

Investigators of Dauin Police Station composed of PMSGT Victorio Bantoto and PSSGT Charlie Dellona conducted crime scene processing and initial investigation.

[Dellona] "There's a dead guy on the floor"

[Bantoto] "The wife didn't get a good look at the perpetrators"

[Dellona] "Well I guess that means case closed"

[Bantoto] "Yep , lets hang around for another 5 or 10 and split"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

liquido
Posted (edited)

Well I guess robbery is ruled out...so that leaves?

Absolutely right on keeping a low profile....Silent partner

Edited by liquido

Semper paratus

The general consensus on a local forum is that it had all the earmarks of a " hit". Sounds like a case for Columbo) Peter Falk) perhaps Scotland Yard, or Inspector Clouseau. It's a who did it for sure. Let's see, an Italian, a Political Analyst, a resort owner, real estate investor, and whatever else. Time to call out the bloodhounds. From what I read he was a nice family man. So many possible motives and from which country ?

RangerUp
1 hour ago, Semper paratus said:

two male persons, all slim build, estimated at about 5’5” in height more or less

well that narrows it down

• Haha 3

Semper paratus
3 hours ago, RangerUp said:

well that narrows it down

I think I just saw them.  They sure move fast. I saw them about 50 times in 5 minutes of driving. Speedy fellows. Maybe they should call for a police lineup.

RangerUp
40 minutes ago, shadow said:

Living in the Philippines rule # 1;

Always remain worth more alive than you would be dead. 

translation: never get married?

• Like 1

shadow
3 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

translation: never get married?

I'm not sure how that has to be relevant. My wife is going to have a very difficult time surviving on her own after my demise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

streak03

They need to take a hard look at the wife, just my opinion, nothing official.

• Like 2

samatm

No CCTV?     Systems are getting very affordable.    How can you not have one  especially for your business.    My wife got one just so she could see who robs the icebox of her favorite stash.    No but really.    I have a  remote access nine camera system that monitors my business office ... Makes me feel a bit safer and yes does cut down on Employee graft.  installed for less than 40K 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JohnSurrey
3 hours ago, samatm said:

No CCTV?     Systems are getting very affordable.    How can you not have one  especially for your business.    My wife got one just so she could see who robs the icebox of her favorite stash.    No but really.    I have a  remote access nine camera system that monitors my business office ... Makes me feel a bit safer and yes does cut down on Employee graft.  installed for less than 40K 

Exactly... we haven't got much but I'd like to know who pinched our tv or karaoke if someone does... 

But have to agree with you - it's a bit like keeping the outside lights on all night - every little bit helps - 13k - self installed.

Could always be someone from home who caught up with him - I've never been to Italy but looks good in the movies :D

KID
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, samatm said:

No CCTV?     Systems are getting very affordable.    How can you not have one  especially for your business.

Bought a used system with 12 cameras from an online auction for a restaurant going out of business ---absolutely love it-------can send video to my phone if motion sets it off-----absolutely love it----would like to kill my neighbors cat though

Edited by KID
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

JohnSurrey
1 minute ago, KID said:

Bought a used system with 12 cameras from an online auction for a restaurant going out of business ---absolutely love it--------sends video to my phone if motion sets it off-----absolutely love it----would like to kill my neighbors cat though

Yes - I remember now - we used to have someone throwing stones on our roof or something at night... used to put the willies up my wife - all stopped once I put a camera up at the back - if there's any noise outside we can just look at the phone or turn on the tv for  a bigger picture.

• Like 3

Humboldt
Posted (edited)

OMG / OMGF  ,,,Oh my God i'm about to meet you... Or Oh my Gun Fast ..Situational Awareness , Just the American or the Soldier in Me . But if i'm on my own property 11 pm in my office out building I must feel Secure in my Environment .. Doors locked i can see out but no one can see in . We have 9 dogs on the property there not good for much but they do Bark at Strangers that would Climb over our fence to enter Property .... 

Edited by Humboldt