battleborn

Where to eat around Subic Bay

battleborn

Have a friends daughter who is in the Navy and just arrived at Subic Bay.  She wanted to know of places to eat.  She is just a recent HS grad and new to the Philippines.  Currently stationed in Japan.

Any suggestions and I will relay to her.

I have been to Manila but not Subic.

Thanks

• Like 1

Dafey

Been waiting for someone to post to this, but....

It's been many years since I was there and my info is surely outdated! However, I didn't find anything to write home about. Best bet would be to hang with her shipmates and get some suggestions from the seasoned ones.

• Like 1

Chris24

You can't go wrong with Texas Joe's  http://texasjoes.com/ Good location to have lunch or dinner and then walk around the SBMA beach area.

Also there are plenty of well-established small restaurants owned by expats with their filipina wife, I prefer these places as I think they have more character than the larger restaurants.  It has been a few years so can't recommend any in particular.

• Like 2

savarity

I'd 2nd Texas Joe's. Also, nearby Texas Joe's there are some good, low priced, Korean places with buffet options.

If she likes Japanese food, Chef Samurai, also on sbma, was rather good. Never mind the goofy name.

• Like 1

Laurence
On 3/30/2019 at 3:44 AM, battleborn said:

Have a friends daughter who is in the Navy and just arrived at Subic Bay.  She wanted to know of places to eat.  She is just a recent HS grad and new to the Philippines.  Currently stationed in Japan.

Any suggestions and I will relay to her.

I have been to Manila but not Subic.

Thanks

Yeah, right.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

battleborn

Laurence, is that a Chinese restaurant?

battleborn

Thanks for the replies.  Said she has heard good thing about Texas Joe's.

I feel certain with the situation in the So China sea she will be back often.

Headshot
4 hours ago, battleborn said:

Thanks for the replies.  Said she has heard good thing about Texas Joe's.

I feel certain with the situation in the So China sea she will be back often.

Tell her for a selection, she should just go to the SM Mall. Most westerners don't realize that malls here have lots of different dining opportunities.

• Like 1

savarity

Harbor Point (Ayala) is a nicer mall, imho. Think they have some Western chain restaurants in there. Such as TGI Friday's.

There's an S&R, and a new Zarf's Pizza place that delivers. Both are ok for commercial style pizza. Don't know of any brick oven pizza places around sbma.

• Like 1

ROCO22

KONG'S if it's still there. Right side of Magsaysay about 2 blocks from shit river....Enjoy:cooking:

• Like 1