JohnSurrey

PSU but no 6pin connector for my Graphics Card

JohnSurrey

My graphics card needs a 6pin connector for additional power - think it is 75w from the pci express slot plus 60w from the 6 pin to cover max usage of 120w on my Graphics Card...

Knowing not much about electronics... From the new psu (old broken one had dedicated 6pin line) - I have a female sata available … And I could unplug a female molex connector from the dvd/cd drive to give me another option

Looking online they sell sata to 6pin and molex to 6 pin adapters to solve the problem...

What I'd like to know is whether the ONE sata/molex available would be adequate ?

Thanks

SkyMan

That might work but I think I'd feel better getting a new PSU with the proper connectors.

• Like 2

JohnSurrey

Any cheap low wattage Graphic Card suggestions - I don't really play games just something for multimedia..

SkyMan

Interpace doesn't list a store on Leyte so maybe Lazada?  Sorry, I'm not as knowledgeable about PC components anymore.

• Like 1

JohnSurrey
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Interpace doesn't list a store on Leyte so maybe Lazada?  Sorry, I'm not as knowledgeable about PC components anymore.

Yes I've ordered one from Lazada as there is no delivery available from Shoppee (cheaper there)

There appears to be another way around the problem too - they now do what they call a PCIe 16x Riser card adapter with a dedicated sata to 6pin lead - one of the selling points was that it takes the load off the motherboard - aimed at people with mining rigs set up with 3 or 4 graphic cards I think.

Another shite decision (following the new psu) - the riser card has 3 optional power sources - molex, 6pin and sata and wouldn't have cost me anymore than the single lead!

I should never buy anything in the mornings especially when I've been drinking the day before.

Edited by JohnSurrey

Goetz1965

Go to Vhientech Computer - its in the Back of 138Mall in Colon Street.
Just enter the Colonade Supermarket in Colon Street and then exit thru the rear - then Vhientech Shop is straight on the opposite street side.

They can repair your card for sure and its usually done within 1-2 hours and not mahal.

https://m.facebook.com/vhientech/?__tn__=C-R&__nodl&ref=external%3Awww.google.com&_rdr

• Like 1