Sign in to follow this  
RogerDuMond

Fortgetfulness

RogerDuMond

I feel better now.

Neuroscientists Say Your Forgetfulness Is A Sign Of Extraordinary Intelligence

If you keep forgetting things, like important dates, a friend’s birthday, the name of people you have met, words you want to use, you are surely worried.

However, you can finally relax, as according to scientists, forgetfulness is a sign of higher intelligence. Some people have a more efficient brain and easily memorize more things and details. On the other hand, there are people who cannot remember tiny details or things they have learned a long time ago.

According to researchers Paul Frankland and Blake Richards from the University of Toronto, these minor brain lapses are completely normal, as the old memories in the brain can be “overwritten” by new ones.

They also found that people with a better memory are not necessarily more intelligent, and they actually discovered that the opposite might be the case.  They claim that it is much more useful to memorize a larger scale of everything and forget tiny facts than memorizing all details.

According to Prof. Richards, the brain forgets irrelevant details and instead focuses on the things that will help you make decisions in the real world.

https://www.healthyfoodhouse.com/neuroscientists-say-your-forgetfulness-is-a-sign-of-extraordinary-intelligence/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

SkyMan

I must be effin brilliant then.

• Haha 6

oztony
5 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I must be effin brilliant then.

#MeToo....   knocks on wood.......was that the front door ...or the back door...:rolleyes:

• Haha 3

lamoe

In other words

5 Kg of sh!t in a 4 Kg bag that leaks

• Like 1

bkb1

Oops, sorry, forgot what i was going to say...

• Haha 2

Headshot
7 hours ago, bkb1 said:

Oops, sorry, forgot what i was going to say...

You must be brilliant.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Semper paratus

My Mother finished her life in a nursing home that was just full of Mensa members. It was fascinating. I was surrounded by brilliant people. Who would have guessed ? 

• Like 1

bkb1
14 hours ago, Headshot said:

You must be brilliant.

Hush now, your going to make others Jealous... :wink:

• Like 1

Jester

I can't remember when I joined or why I go,  but I am always the dumbest person at the MENSA meeting :thats-funny:

• Haha 1

lamoe

The real b!tch is remembering and then having to acknowledge your are becoming forgetful :oldtimer:

RogerDuMond
15 minutes ago, lamoe said:

The real b!tch is remembering and then having to acknowledge your are becoming forgetful :oldtimer:

No problem, wait 10 minutes and you will forget it again.

• Haha 1

lamoe
2 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

No problem, wait 10 minutes and you will forget it again.

As long as there's a woman in your life you don't have to worry about that - they'll remind you :killself:

• Like 1