SkyMan

Waze is great but well known.  Same for Viber.  What others, perhaps lesser known?  Free preferred.

Flashlight & Magnifying Glass - Basically it's just like the camera with the light turned on all the time though you can turn it off.  Good for reading fine print or looking at small items when you forgot your specs or even if you didn't.  Open it, clear one ad and then go.  One use I've had for it lately is looking for wires behind the dash or whatever.  

Wifi File Transfer -  Sometimes I want to move pics or other files from my phone to the laptop.  Bluetooth is slow and finding the charging cable and hooking it up is a pita so WFT makes the phone an FTP server and I put that address into the laptop browser and click on whatever I want moved over.

Torque - OBD2 monitor.  Reads OBD2 data from your car via bluetooth and can give you engine check codes and monitor efficiency etc.  I believe it can also clear engine checks so you don't have to go to a dealer for that.  It requires an OBD2 sending unit which you can get on Lazada for about p300.

XE Currency - Exchange rate monitor.

LastPass - Password storage.  Passwords kept encrypted on cloud storage so synced to phone, laptop, etc.

• Like 2

Soupeod

Signal - Free (Android & IOs)

https://www.signal.org/

Send high-quality group, text, voice, video, document, and picture messages anywhere in the world without SMS or MMS fees.

Speak freely

Make crystal-clear voice and video calls to people who live across town, or across the ocean, with no long-distance charges.

Stay private

Signal messages and calls are always end-to-end encrypted and painstakingly engineered to keep your communication safe. We can't read your messages or see your calls, and no one else can either.

• Like 2

Goetz1965

This one can save your life !

https://what3words.com/de/

It brakes down earth into trillions of 3x3m squares and gives each a unique 3Word Adress.
That way - wherever you are WORLDWIDE - just get the What3Word Adress of your square and text, email, send it to someone to find you !

Woolf
Posted (edited)

the link above does not work for me, I can not see what is wrong

this one below should work  and it goes to english version not german

https://what3words.com/

Edited by Woolf

Contango
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

the link above does not work for me, I can not see what is wrong

this one below should work  and it goes to english version not german

https://what3words.com/

That's pretty smart.

GBT62

Terrarium TV - if you can find an APK that works ..... worth it if you can :thumbsup:

PeteHK

LibraryThing is a neat app if you want to catalogue collections of books or DVDs.  You can enter titles and details manually or by scanning the bar code.  One limitation with the current app is that you cannot categorise books vs DVDs, for example, using the same account.  You need to open two different accounts and allocate one account to each kind of item.

Flightradar24 is great if you want to check where your incoming plane is - amazing how crowded the skies are even in this part of the world.

TV Remote is great for those situations where you lose or damage a remote. Just search for the TV model that the app works with.

• Like 1

SkyMan
1 hour ago, PeteHK said:

TV Remote is great for those situations where you lose or damage a remote. Just search for the TV model that the app works with.

I think I looked at that one but my phone doesn't have IR.

Woolf

let me check what extra apps installed on my android phone

ampere 

CalcTape

CameraMX

CPU-Z

Flightradar24

GPS Status

GPS Test

GuitarTuna

HiPER Scientific Calculator

LiveNewsOn

Network Cell Info

Network Signal Info

PingTools

SensorGuru

Sound Meter

Speedtest

Tone Generator

+++ a few more

SkyMan

@Woolf  Can you say a bit about those.  Easier than looking it to find out I don't want it.  I have GuitarTuna though.

Droid48 - rpn calculator.  If you don't know what that is you probably don't want it.

Woolf
3 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

@Woolf  Can you say a bit about those.  Easier than looking it to find out I don't want it.  I have GuitarTuna though.

Droid48 - rpn calculator.  If you don't know what that is you probably don't want it.

I will put comments later, during the week-end I guess

• Like 1

JohnSurrey

Fing is handy for checking who's on your network Sweet home 3d is an amazing free tool for the pc that isn't available on Android but something called Renovations is that allows you to view your home design plans on your droid tablet or fone.

• Like 1

SkyMan
On 3/29/2019 at 12:19 PM, Woolf said:

I will put comments later, during the week-end I guess

????

Parcels - Package tracker.  Made by the same guy that made parcelsapp.com  While the website has a limit of 8 tracking numbers, the app can handle more.  Those delivered move into the archive.  The app can also import tracking numbers from some retailers and includes the description of what is in that shipment.  If you enter manually you can also enter a description so you know what's in each shipment rather than just the tracking number.  There seems to be more detail with the app.