Sign in to follow this  
bob_lyn

Any easy way for a Fil-Am family to live in the Philippines?

Salty Dog
8 minutes ago, bob_lyn said:

What are you talking about? We do no qualify for RA9225. Move on from there. If...IF balikbayan can be had again, it requires leaving the country. Listen, I make upwards of 10,000 bucks a month. That is more than 99% of the people here. But despite that, fees and tickets are expensive. Cheapest flights are about 100,000 bucks. I am not adaptable because I talk like I live here? It's better than talking about USD all the time. No one uses USD here.

Was your wife a natural born Filipino?

Natural born citizens of the Philippines are those who are citizens of the Philippines from birth without having to perform any act to acquire or perfect their Philippine citizenship

Then it appears they are also Filipino.

Under the principle of derivative citizenship, unmarried children below eighteen (18) years of age, whether legitimate, illegitimate, or adopted, of former Filipino parent who reacquired their Philippine citizenship under this law, may also be deemed Filipino citizens, if they are included in the parent’s application for reacquisition of Philippine citizenship.

If a child has Filipino citizenship by birth - because either the child or the parents are natural born Filipinos, then he or she can apply to retain or reinstate their Filipino citizenship at any time. It’s possible to hold dual citizenship in this circumstance, so there's no need to choose which citizenship to keep. This is the same even if a child is born and brought up outside of the Philippines, under the law known as R.A. 9225.¹

RogerDuMond
3 minutes ago, bob_lyn said:

Cheapest flights are about 100,000 bucks.

Did you miss the post where I said a quick look on the internet found a ticket to HK for 6018 pesos?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

bob_lyn
Just now, oztony said:

Well fella's ...just had a read through here and have to say that something just isn't adding up...

Absolute rubbish .....bucks refers to dollars not pesos and to continue down this spiraling path shows that you have chosen to prevaricate with your communication to us here , and because of this I have little faith that anything much else is genuine also......

lol OK troll. BTW-How many Philippine languages do you speak? How many decades have you lived here? Where have you worked? Excuse me while I go spends some of my bucks at the palengke...

Just now, Davaoeno said:

Have you disclosed this attitude to your wife ??

What does that mean?

Just now, Salty Dog said:

So if bucks is Pesos. You're saying you only make 10,000 bucks a month which is about $200 dollars.

Give or take. I am not trying to brag. I am just saying, I am fairly well off. But, despite that, things like plane tickets are nearly impossible to purchase.

bob_lyn
Just now, Salty Dog said:

They said $50 dollars...

We cannot afford to travel to Washington, DC in the USA! lol

Davaoeno
9 minutes ago, bob_lyn said:

I make upwards of 10,000 bucks a month.

And you have made it very clear to us that "bucks"  means " filipino pesos"

I wouldnt go around bragging about that  if that was all that I earned !! 

• Haha 1

bob_lyn
Just now, shadow said:

Ahhh, so you made a trip to the Philippines every year before Feb 30 every years for 20 years to pay the 310 bucks to BI!

Dude, I just hopped the jeep.

RogerDuMond

You are missing the highlighted part of the law.

[quote[

Section 3. Retention of Philippine Citizenship - Any provision of law to the contrary notwithstanding, natural-born citizenship by reason of their naturalization as citizens of a foreign country are hereby deemed to have re-acquired Philippine citizenship upon taking the following oath of allegiance to the Republic:

"I _____________________, solemny swear (or affrim) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines and obey the laws and legal orders promulgated by the duly constituted authorities of the Philippines; and I hereby declare that I recognize and accept the supreme authority of the Philippines and will maintain true faith and allegiance thereto; and that I imposed this obligation upon myself voluntarily without mental reservation or purpose of evasion."

Natural born citizens of the Philippines who, after the effectivity of this Act, become citizens of a foreign country shall retain their Philippine citizenship upon taking the aforesaid oath.[/quote]https://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra2003/ra_9225_2003.html

• Like 1

bob_lyn
Just now, Gus said:

Hey .. I suggested BB run ..( to which you whine and bitch about the cost )

And for your info ..I consider " lol " as a response to a serious reply ..as Rude !

Have not seen any bad advice offered , only bad attitude in response .

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

A BB run, IF legal, if, would be too expensive. We do not qualify for Re-Acquisition. So... can anyone answer the original question on my thread please?

Davaoeno
10 minutes ago, bob_lyn said:

They don't have too much money. They live in a hut and catch fish, like most people. Sad situation. What is an NFW passport?

That would be that new kind of passport - the NO Fucking Way passport !! 

• Haha 1

Salty Dog

So here's the final offer. 

Have your wife complete the paperwork to reacquire and have her add the children as well.

The worst that can happen is they will tell you he children can't be added.

Davaoeno

OK fess up guys - you had your fun !!! :rofl:    Which one of you drew the short straw to con us by  acting  the village idiot ??

• Haha 3

bob_lyn
Just now, oztony said:

Enjoy your little short lived existence here while you can .....because the clock is on and we are into the eleventh hour .....

Have you thought of alternative ways to scratch your visa money together .....

HiddenDeafeningBarasinga-size_restricted.gif.98a4eabe20c9f1326326390401dcbb08.gif

WTF is wrong with all you idiots? Go feck yourself! All of you! If I ever meet you on the streets here, you'll wind up in a fecking ditch!

• Haha 1

RogerDuMond
1 minute ago, bob_lyn said:

We do not qualify for Re-Acquisition. So... can anyone answer the original question on my thread please?

Again

3 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

Natural born citizens of the Philippines who, after the effectivity of this Act, become citizens of a foreign country shall retain their Philippine citizenship upon taking the aforesaid oath.[/quote]https://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra2003/ra_9225_2003.html

• Thanks 1

colemanlee

Just curious how long have you lived in the Philippines?

Davaoeno
1 minute ago, bob_lyn said:

If I ever meet you on the streets here, you'll wind up in a fecking ditch!

and the real Bob emerges !  :rofl:

• Like 1