Sign in to follow this  
bob_lyn

Any easy way for a Fil-Am family to live in the Philippines?

bob_lyn
Just now, Davaoeno said:

I am not curious at all . It is because of people like you who post wrong information here and then insist that everyone who disagrees with  them is wrong . 

OK. So you say the BI is wrong. But YOU have no authority over foreigners. The BI does. So why don't YOU go to the BI for me, and tell them they are wrong, and better do what you say? lol Seriously? Are you just drunk? Or are you normally like this? I think I am just going to start reporting you trolls. Oh yeah. The mod on here is a troll too! So then what is the point of this forum, just to troll people? Makes no sense to me...

oztony
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, bob_lyn said:

What you said was wrong. And I proved you wrong. Don't be mad, becasue I embarrassed you on your own forum. I don't know why you would even troll on such a topic.

Enjoy your little short lived existence here while you can .....because the clock is on and we are into the eleventh hour .....

Have you thought of alternative ways to scratch your visa money together .....

HiddenDeafeningBarasinga-size_restricted.gif.98a4eabe20c9f1326326390401dcbb08.gif

Edited by oztony
  • Haha 2

Davaoeno
2 minutes ago, bob_lyn said:

Seriously? Are you just drunk?

Oh now you have hurt my feelings !! 

• Haha 1

bob_lyn
1 hour ago, Salty Dog said:

The Commissioner of Immigration Andrea D. Domingo informed the Department of Foreign Affairs on 4 June 2001 that, “All Immigration Officers at authorized ports of entry shall grant the benefits and privileges to all Balikbayan and former Filipinos included every time they enter the country to visit, regardless of their frequent travel”. This means that the above categories of persons could now avail of the Balikbayan benefits and privileges regardless of the number of times they enter the country within a year.

https://www.philippineconsulatela.org/useful-links/balikbayan-program-for-overseas-filipinos

That helps. Thank you. Now if there was some way to exit the country and re-enter...

Davaoeno
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, bob_lyn said:

Or are you normally like this?

Yes I would say that is a pretty good assessment !!   I have a very low tolerance level for those who know everything and will not learn .

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 1

Salty Dog
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

I am not curious at all . It is because of people like you who post wrong information here and then insist that everyone who disagrees with  them is wrong . 

6 minutes ago, bob_lyn said:

...Or are you normally like this?...

I'm afraid so...:biggrin_01:

• Haha 2

bob_lyn
Just now, Headshot said:

Number one, you were wrong to not have your wife reacquire her Philippine citizenship at the nearest Philippine embassy or consulate in the US as soon as she got her US citizenship. Number two, Philippine citizenship should have been applied for each of you children as soon as they had birth certificates. If you had done those things, none of the rest of this would be any problem for you.

You are right. Unfortunately, the Embassy was thousands of miles from where we lived. The trip there would have been more expensive than the trip here. We assumed, erroneously, that getting it done in Manila would be easier. But surely we are not the first family in history to make that mistake. Or are we?

RogerDuMond
1 minute ago, bob_lyn said:

That helps. Thank you. Now if there was some way to exit the country and re-enter...

Lets start there, can we assume that your 13A visa is up to date? In other words, you have been reporting to BI every year and paying your 310 pesos and renewing your ACR card every 5 years. If so your wife either needs to apply to retain citizenship or be the only one to take a one day trip to renew the BB stamp.

• Thanks 1

bob_lyn
Just now, Headshot said:

Have you already been here over a year on the BB privilege? If so, then you will have to dig yourself out. If not, then a quick trip out of the country will keep you and your kids legal.

Almost a year. Looks like from someone's post that we can do balikbayan again, even if not out of the country for a year. I would still like to see an official law or memorandum on that. But then, is there any way to exit the country and return that is not prohibitively expensive?

Salty Dog
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

... Philippine citizenship should have been applied for each of you children as soon as they had birth certificates.

How could they become Philippine citizens if both their parents were US citizens when they were born...

• Like 1

Davaoeno
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, bob_lyn said:

I would still like to see an official law or memorandum on that.

I think that is part of your problem . Even though you  told us that you have more than a million bucks you refuse to talk to an attorney instead you come to this forum asking for information- and then when several people go out of their way to inform you you tell them all that everything they know is wrong .

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Thanks 1

RogerDuMond
Just now, Salty Dog said:

How could they become Philippine citizens if both their parents were US citizens when they were born...

After 2003, so she didn't lose her Philippine citizenship.

• Like 1

bob_lyn
Just now, colemanlee said:

Indeed, our friend Bob_Lyn sounds like several who have been here before him....good advice has been given him but he obviously knows more than the people that have lived here successfully for years..personally Ive done the BB every year for the last eight years...but obviously I could not have done that....Cause Bob_Lyn can't figure it out...most of us can call ourselves Philippine "millionaires" but its the first time I've heard a foreigner say that...that tells me something about the thinking of our friend.  Insisting on using the term "bucks" seems to be another sign on not being very adaptable.  Ill go back to the old saying of "you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink".

What are you talking about? We do no qualify for RA9225. Move on from there. If...IF balikbayan can be had again, it requires leaving the country. Listen, I make upwards of 10,000 bucks a month. That is more than 99% of the people here. But despite that, fees and tickets are expensive. Cheapest flights are about 100,000 bucks. I am not adaptable because I talk like I live here? It's better than talking about USD all the time. No one uses USD here.

Salty Dog
1 minute ago, RogerDuMond said:

After 2003, so she didn't lose her Philippine citizenship.

I found this, but it's from some non-official site.

If a child has Filipino citizenship by birth - because either the child or the parents are natural born Filipinos, then he or she can apply to retain or reinstate their Filipino citizenship at any time. It’s possible to hold dual citizenship in this circumstance, so there's no need to choose which citizenship to keep. This is the same even if a child is born and brought up outside of the Philippines, under the law known as R.A. 9225.¹

bob_lyn
Just now, Davaoeno said:

Im pretty sure that was one of those special NFW Passports !!  They are designed  for people who have too much money . They have proven to be very effective in solving the problem . 

They don't have too much money. They live in a hut and catch fish, like most people. Sad situation. What is an NFW passport?