Sign in to follow this  
bob_lyn

Any easy way for a Fil-Am family to live in the Philippines?

shadow
1 minute ago, bob_lyn said:

Applied in Manila some 20 years ago.

Ahhh, so you made a trip to the Philippines every year before Feb 30 every years for 20 years to pay the 310 bucks to BI!

bob_lyn
6 minutes ago, shadow said:

You're right, it is very common, and nobody has any trouble with it but you

Does anybody smell a troll?

Wow. That is rude of you, being a mod. Giving out bad advice and attacking needy members of your forum. I posted proof of what I am saying. No one else has yet done that. Only me. So I have conviction in what I am saying. Why is everyone even pushing Re-Acquisition? That is NOT an option. There are other ways to live here, you know? Maybe the people pushing Re-Acquisition are trolls? Why is everyone pushing something that is expensive, difficult, and not applicable to our situation? Can you see attachments?

IMG_20190327_114900.thumb.jpg.6b6fecf2ec4890bed120e046b9b0aa0c.jpg

shadow

image.png.2c86bc658a15b71878098e79be9f7d6d.png

• Like 1

Gus
Wow. That is rude of you, being a mod. Giving out bad advice and attacking needy members of your forum. I posted proof of what I am saying. No one else has yet done that. Only me. So I have conviction in what I am saying. Why is everyone even pushing Re-Acquisition? That is NOT an option. There are other ways to live here, you know? Maybe the people pushing Re-Acquisition are trolls? Why is everyone pushing something that is expensive, difficult, and not applicable to our situation? Can you see attachspacer.pngments?
Hey .. I suggested BB run ..( to which you whine and bitch about the cost )

And for your info ..I consider " lol " as a response to a serious reply ..as Rude !

Have not seen any bad advice offered , only bad attitude in response .

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Salty Dog
3 minutes ago, bob_lyn said:

...I posted proof of what I am saying No one else has yet done that...

What do you call the attachments I've provided from Philippines Government websites.

I also stated that I wasn't sure about if the children could get their Philippines citizenship. Well unless they renounce their US citizenship.

The BB travel information given you is correct. No time requirement, No onward tickets required when returning to the Philippines. The cost of a round trip ticket can be had for around P2,500.

• Like 1

Jawny
9 minutes ago, shadow said:

You're right, it is very common, and nobody has any trouble with it but you

Does anybody smell a troll?

Now that you mention it, some of the posts suggest that.  Most importantly, it’s obvious the OP is not getting the answer he has hoped for.  Seems like he’s lost faith in LinC to assist, so why not just drop it?

Anyone noticed the odd dates of the naturalization and application for 13a?  I know I may seem like a troll myself by noticing oddities like that.  At least I don’t prevaricate. 

• Like 1

bob_lyn
Soupeod
1 hour ago, bob_lyn said:

I've looked at every airlines that flies out of the Philippines to every destination in the world. Nothing remotely affordable. Not that the balikbayan can be done again anyways. That is a one time deal. The former Filipino and their dependents have to be out of the country for a year or more before returning and availing of the exemption again. :(

Are you trolling us? 😂

• Haha 1

RogerDuMond
18 minutes ago, bob_lyn said:

Re-Acquisition is only for former Filipinos, with Filipino parents, born in the Philippines, before 2003.

Yes re-acquisition is for those before 2003 as they were deemed to have lost their citizenship. Now pay attention, after 2003 those who became citizens of other countries did not loose their Philippine citizenship. Although it is basically the same process, she will be applying to retain her citizenship. Since she didn't lose her citizenship, the children are considered to be Filipino.

• Thanks 4

bob_lyn
Just now, shadow said:

LOL, ok, you have all the answers. Nobody is going to change your mind, so I am done trying to help with simple things like facts.

Enjoy your stay.

What you said was wrong. And I proved you wrong. Don't be mad, becasue I embarrassed you on your own forum. I don't know why you would even troll on such a topic.

Just now, Jawny said:

The OP seemed to be a legitimate query.  If you were to dig a bit into the LinC archives, or just skip over the joke posts, you’d see that members have for the most part, a sincere desire to help.  

If there is misinformation on this site, it is because there are many varied ways a simple query can be answered by the official sources.  It is a common source of irritation among foreigners to have one question get different answers depending upon when it was asked and to whom. Shadow already informed you of this.

Jst a suggestion, but you might want to consider some of the advice you’ve been given and then take some action.

For myself, I think the balikbayan approach is the beat.  Especially if I were a millionaire. 

I have received no advice yet. Only misinformation about Re-Acquisition and Balikbayan. We do not qualify for either. So... next step? Back to the original question please? I don't know HOW this thread got on these topics.

• Haha 1

bob_lyn
Just now, Salty Dog said:

So you are a PHP millionaire not a US dollar millionaire...:rolleyes:

Yes. This is the Philippines. I have never had a job pay me in USD.

Salty Dog
7 minutes ago, bob_lyn said:

Lets try this again...

The Commissioner of Immigration Andrea D. Domingo informed the Department of Foreign Affairs on 4 June 2001 that, “All Immigration Officers at authorized ports of entry shall grant the benefits and privileges to all Balikbayan and former Filipinos included every time they enter the country to visit, regardless of their frequent travel”. This means that the above categories of persons could now avail of the Balikbayan benefits and privileges regardless of the number of times they enter the country within a year.

https://www.philippineconsulatela.org/useful-links/balikbayan-program-for-overseas-filipinos

• Like 1

bob_lyn
Just now, Headshot said:

You should really reconsider staying in the Philippines. Living in a third-world country isn't for everybody, and it appears that it isn't for you. You have no idea what you are talking about. Go home to wherever you came from. The BB privilege can be availed over and over again, provided your wife accompanies you and your kids and re-enters the Philippines with you each time. There is no minimum time that you must stay out of the country, but most people make it at least an overnight trip.

Excuse me, but I think you commented the wrong person. And no, you must be out of the country for one year. See above post for validation. Please do not troll here, of I will report you.

Just now, RogerDuMond said:

Just a quick look on Google gives the cost of a round trip ticket to HK at 6018 pesos and if you can't afford that you shouldn't be here.

As far as the Balikbayan stamp, there is no limit on them. Many people on the list do that yearly, by leaving on a short Asian trip and returning.

Who could afford 6,000 pesos? That is 2 month's salary for most people.  And how many people is that for? 5 or 10 people?

• Haha 1

RogerDuMond
3 minutes ago, bob_lyn said:

Excuse me, but I think you commented the wrong person. And no, you must be out of the country for one year. See above post for validation. Please do not troll here, of I will report you.

5 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

The Commissioner of Immigration Andrea D. Domingo informed the Department of Foreign Affairs on 4 June 2001 that, “All Immigration Officers at authorized ports of entry shall grant the benefits and privileges to all Balikbayan and former Filipinos included every time they enter the country to visit, regardless of their frequent travel”. This means that the above categories of persons could now avail of the Balikbayan benefits and privileges regardless of the number of times they enter the country within a year.

https://www.philippineconsulatela.org/useful-links/balikbayan-program-for-overseas-filipinos

bob_lyn
Just now, Jawny said:

The OP seemed to be a legitimate query.  If you were to dig a bit into the LinC archives, or just skip over the joke posts, you’d see that members have for the most part, a sincere desire to help.  

If there is misinformation on this site, it is because there are many varied ways a simple query can be answered by the official sources.  It is a common source of irritation among foreigners to have one question get different answers depending upon when it was asked and to whom. Shadow already informed you of this.

Jst a suggestion, but you might want to consider some of the advice you’ve been given and then take some action.

For myself, I think the balikbayan approach is the beat.  Especially if I were a millionaire. 

You seem helpful. Thank you. But it seems most users here are just trolls. And I do not know why someone would kick you when you are down. We are planning on how visitation will work when my wife and CHILDREN are in prison. And people are trolling us? That is rotten and dirty. But for those truly trying to help, thank you.

• Haha 1