Sign in to follow this  
bob_lyn

Any easy way for a Fil-Am family to live in the Philippines?

oztony

Well fella's ...just had a read through here and have to say that something just isn't adding up...

10 minutes ago, bob_lyn said:

"Bucks" refers to PHP, actually. It's easier to says bucks than "Philippine Pesos". Most people says bucks. Should not be confusing.

Absolute rubbish .....bucks refers to dollars not pesos and to continue down this spiraling path shows that you have chosen to prevaricate with your communication to us here , and because of this I have little faith that anything much else is genuine also......

• Thanks 5

Davaoeno
1 minute ago, bob_lyn said:

My wife? Maybe. But I am not letting my children fend for themselves with rapists and murderers.

Have you disclosed this attitude to your wife ??

Salty Dog
23 minutes ago, bob_lyn said:

"Bucks" refers to PHP, actually. It's easier to says bucks than "Philippine Pesos". Most people says bucks. Should not be confusing.

2 hours ago, bob_lyn said:

But tourist visas would be over 20,000 bucks a month. That is twice my salary.

So if bucks is Pesos. You're saying you only make 10,000 bucks a month which is about $200 dollars.

• Like 3

bob_lyn
Just now, SkyMan said:

I don't think that's correct but even if it is, take the family to HK or KL or BKK and visit the Phils embassy while you're there 

It is correct. I don't have the paperwork. I can't even afford the paperwork. And I have no way to get to HK or BKK. Besides, will a Philippines embassy see you if you do not live there and are on vacation?

Jawny

I’m pretty sure we’re being played, but for what it’s worth....

Lawyers are not all crooks here.  I’ve had several experiences with lawyers and not had any instance of a process being dragged on for years.  If I were in a desperate situation such as described, I’d want to get advice from a professional and not rely exclusively on public forms.

Google is my friend. 

Plane tickets are extraordinarily inexpensive from the Philippines to nearby countries for a balikbayn run.  A quick search of recent posts in LinC will reveal a member with just that question....where to get an easy and cheap flight for renewal of balikbayan status.

The money you said you have should be enough to cover the costs....either legal processes or a balikbayan run which has been suggested several times now.

Actually, I think the screw up began when Philippine passports were not obtained for the children right after birth.  I did that. Easy peasy.

No one here referred to the cost for the reaquisition at ₽50  it was filfty bucks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

bob_lyn

Whew! Thanks for the replies guys. But slow down just a bit. Let me catch up! lol OK guys. I think we well established the Re-Acquisition is a no-go. Any OTHER suggestions to avoid prison?

Gus
Have you already been here over a year on the BB privilege? If so, then you will have to dig yourself out. If not, then a quick trip out of the country will keep you and your kids legal.
Well he's on a 13a ..

It's the wife .. returning balikbayan and kids that are on balikbayan privilege , it seems .

I suggested on my post #3 to do the trip ..seems it too expensive for a millionaire.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Headshot
Just now, bob_lyn said:

Whew! Thanks for the replies guys. But slow down just a bit. Let me catch up! lol OK guys. I think we well established the Re-Acquisition is a no-go. Any OTHER suggestions to avoid prison?

Yes. Take you wife and kids back to the US. This is obviously too complicated for you.

• Like 2

Jawny
1 minute ago, bob_lyn said:

Leave and don’t come back?

• Like 3

Salty Dog
19 minutes ago, bob_lyn said:

Someone said Re-acquisition costs only 50 pesos and a signature. lol

They said $50 dollars...

Application for reacquisition of Philippine citizenship
REQUIREMENTS:

Submit the original and one duplicate copy of the following required documents to apply for reacquisition of Philippine citizenship:

One (1) original and one (1) photocopy of the duly-accomplished Dual Citizenship application form, typed or printed legibly in black or blue ink
Original and Copy of Philippine Birth Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)
Copies of Philippine and U.S. Passports (originals to be presented before the oath taking, when applying by mail)
Copy of Marriage Certificate/Contract, (original to be presented before the oath taking, when applying by mail)
Copy of U.S. Naturalization Certificate (original to be presented before the oath taking, when applying by mail)
Four (4) colored photos, 2” x 2”, taken within six months before the date of application, showing a clear front view of applicant’s face, with a white background. No sleeveless attire. Blurred or low quality photos are not accepted.
Processing fee of $50.00 (non-refundable), payable in cash or money order made payable to "Embassy of the Philippines" (or "Philippine Consulate General", if application is made at one of the Philippine Consulates General in the U.S.). Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.
Note: The Philippine Embassy/Consulate General assumes no responsibility for any delay or loss in the mail, or while the documents are in the custody of the courier service. The applicant should note the tracking numbers of all envelopes used and submitted.

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/philippines-dc/consular-services-dc/faq-dc/#dual

Headshot
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Gus said:

Well he's on a 13a ..

If that is true, I must have missed it. Also, he can't be here on a 13A visa unless his wife has already been confirmed as a Philippine citizen. Either he isn't on a 13A or the rest is bullshit.

Edited by Headshot
  • Thanks 2

bob_lyn
Just now, Salty Dog said:

No need to do them separately though.

The children can be added to the same application.

The children do not qualify. Both parents are foreigners. Kids were born abroad. Re-Acquisition is only for former Filipinos, with Filipino parents, born in the Philippines, before 2003. Wow. Why are so many people suggesting a law that has nothing to do with our situation? Maybe it is my fault? Maybe I was not clear enough. Wife is Filipino. From Philippines. Filipino parents. Born in the 70's. Naturalized in the 2001. Kids born abroad. Both parents are foreigners. Kids born after 2003. Now we live in the Philippines. There are so many Pinay marrying foreigners, this HAS to, if not be a common situation, something that happens regularly. Or at least not very uncommon? :\

bob_lyn
1 hour ago, Jawny said:

Could you clarify who "they" is?  It’s not surprising if a BI website is out of date or even incorrect.  However, if your sources (other than LinC) is someone only vaguely familiar with citizenship rulings, you should consider contact an immigration lawyer.  Maybe starting at the BI.

The BI is "they", obviously. Can't afford a lawyer. They never get results here anyways. Only want to milk you.

IMG_20190327_114900.thumb.jpg.6b6fecf2ec4890bed120e046b9b0aa0c.jpg

shadow
3 minutes ago, bob_lyn said:

The children do not qualify. Both parents are foreigners. Kids were born abroad. Re-Acquisition is only for former Filipinos, with Filipino parents, born in the Philippines, before 2003. Wow. Why are so many people suggesting a law that has nothing to do with our situation? Maybe it is my fault? Maybe I was not clear enough. Wife is Filipino. From Philippines. Filipino parents. Born in the 70's. Naturalized in the 2001. Kids born abroad. Both parents are foreigners. Kids born after 2003. Now we live in the Philippines. There are so many Pinay marrying foreigners, this HAS to, if not be a common situation, something that happens regularly. Or at least not very uncommon? :\

You're right, it is very common, and nobody has any trouble with it but you

Does anybody smell a troll?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

bob_lyn
Posted (edited)
Just now, Salty Dog said:

How/when did you get the 13a...

Applied in Manila some 20 years ago. Would have applied for citizenship, but they make it too hard. Almost impossible.

Edited by bob_lyn