Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Alk

ACR card/US Immigration interview question...

Recommended Posts

SkyMan
25 minutes ago, shadow said:

Last I heard he went to Guam to get a valid divorce. I'm not certain how they will react to this, omitting information is common and is one thing, supplying falsified documents is another...

Could be a permanent problem for him.  I would have loved to see his wife's/fiance's reaction.  "What do you mean you're still married?"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jawny
17 hours ago, shadow said:

While most of our clients get the NOA2 approval within two weeks, it is not uncommon for it to take longer either. Often this seems to be due to them investigating the petitioner. Recently we had a client whose case took much longer than normal, then we received notice that they had sent a divorce decree to Mexico for verification. Sure enough, it came back as fake.

In this particular case, ThrottleP has never before been married, and I would not be surprised if they are leaving no stone unturned looking for evidence of past marriages, as there are few American men in their 50s who have never before been married.

Almost every case is different in some way.

Wow!  That’s a doozy of an error.  Perhaps the fellow thought it was genuine.  Seems like a lot of problems could come from this.  That is, if any one cares to pursue the submission of a falsified document.  The original marriage, still valid, makes the second marriage void.  The taking of an oath to a consular officer to get the Affidavit for marriage here would be fraudulent.  Maybe he’s got a get out of jail free card?  

I’ll  never forget the look I got when I obtained my affidavit for marriage here.  I took the oath along with the dozen or so others and sat and waited.  Then, I  asked the clerk something which she passed along to the consular officer.  I had already experienced need many occasions when an important document was misplaced.  So, it made sense to my bone head that my question was reasonable.

"Can I have an extra official copy?  I’ll pay for it". 

The look was memorable.  No extra copy was provided. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan

Probably thought you were trying to marry 2 women.

6 hours ago, Jawny said:

Seems like a lot of problems could come from this.  That is, if any one cares to pursue the submission of a falsified document.  The original marriage, still valid, makes the second marriage void.  The taking of an oath to a consular officer to get the Affidavit for marriage here would be fraudulent.  Maybe he’s got a get out of jail free card?  

Might have been for a fiance visa so no affidavit done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alk
On 3/29/2019 at 9:54 PM, throttleplate said:

Here is my recent experience. I hired Shadow and his wife to fill out the forms as i was totally lost on the questions and trying to learn from youtube and other websites only confused me more. We are applying using DCF visa.

I went to manila in feb for my appnt to file i-130, the lady behind the glass was super nice and knew exactly what she was looking for on the forms as she caught 1 mistake and told me how to correct it. The question was about my wife if she ever went by another name and my wife put no which was wrong because she is a widow and of course she used her deceased  panay husbands last name throughout their marriage. So the lady had me write in her widowed last name and then had me sign my name beside it. My files were all in order per Shadows instructions and pics were on white paper 2 per page front and back total 4 pages 16 pics total. 70% of the pics were wedding pics of us and the judge in the courtroom and familly gathering pics.

The lady is behind thick bullet proof glass i would geuss and its really hard to hear her through the tiny opening and she wastes no time shuffling through the paperwork and like i said she knows what to look for depending on like if you or your wife were previously married and death or divorce came into play as was my wifes case. The process with that lady took all of 3 minutes and then she sent me to go pay the $535.00 us dollars at another window and then back to her with reciept and then sign a form and then she says it will take 60 to 90 days to recieve a decision. Its now 41 days and still no decision. I do recommend Shadow, we went to visit him in duma from iloilo by taking boat and then bus as airplane was just so unreal expensive as the flight for 2 round trip cost more than it did for our thailand round trip tickets.

 

Hindsight being 20/20 you probably did the right thing.  My second trip there was exactly like your first one.  I had pictures in a similar format to yours, and the pics were date stamped from facebook.  I submitted them with the accompanying airline/ferry  trip itineraries, which were in our names, plus wedding pics, along with the other documentation and a supporting letter that the woman at the window had asked for on my first trip to the embassy.  She wanted it to chronologically outline my entire 4+ year relationship with my wife.  

So..it was 41 days for you back on March 29.  Any decision yet?  Did you receive notification via email?  I was told 30-90 days on April 4th when they accepted my information packet.  I've gotten nothing yet, and I'm coming up to 40 days.  Hopefully I hear something fairly soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadow
12 minutes ago, Alk said:

Hindsight being 20/20 you probably did the right thing.  My second trip there was exactly like your first one.  I had pictures in a similar format to yours, and the pics were date stamped from facebook.  I submitted them with the accompanying airline/ferry  trip itineraries, which were in our names, plus wedding pics, along with the other documentation and a supporting letter that the woman at the window had asked for on my first trip to the embassy.  She wanted it to chronologically outline my entire 4+ year relationship with my wife.  

So..it was 41 days for you back on March 29.  Any decision yet?  Did you receive notification via email?  I was told 30-90 days on April 4th when they accepted my information packet.  I've gotten nothing yet, and I'm coming up to 40 days.  Hopefully I hear something fairly soon.

They are definitely having issues of some sort up there. While previously it was seldom they would take more than 2 weeks for the initial NOA2 approval, this year we have had several take two months or more for no apparent reason.

 

Hang in there!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alk

Thanks for the update Shadow.  I'll stay in a holding pattern here. 

There is talk they will close all USCIS offices by the end of the year.  That is what Trump would like to do, but I know there is opposition to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadow
2 hours ago, Alk said:

Thanks for the update Shadow.  I'll stay in a holding pattern here. 

There is talk they will close all USCIS offices by the end of the year.  That is what Trump would like to do, but I know there is opposition to that.

Supposedly they will close the Manila office in July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
throttleplate
20 hours ago, Alk said:

Hindsight being 20/20 you probably did the right thing.  My second trip there was exactly like your first one.  I had pictures in a similar format to yours, and the pics were date stamped from facebook.  I submitted them with the accompanying airline/ferry  trip itineraries, which were in our names, plus wedding pics, along with the other documentation and a supporting letter that the woman at the window had asked for on my first trip to the embassy.  She wanted it to chronologically outline my entire 4+ year relationship with my wife.  

So..it was 41 days for you back on March 29.  Any decision yet?  Did you receive notification via email?  I was told 30-90 days on April 4th when they accepted my information packet.  I've gotten nothing yet, and I'm coming up to 40 days.  Hopefully I hear something fairly soon.

yes i recieved approval after 75 days via email and an original copy is being sent to my ph home address. Now waiting for my case number which may take a couple weeks? to proceed to stage 2.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alk
Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2019 at 3:11 PM, shadow said:

Supposedly they will close the Manila office in July.

Ouch...when I spoke to a person working for the USCIS in April, she had said that would not be the case for the foreseeable future.  If that happens, I'd think people like me will be up a creek. 

I just read the following.... "The more than 20 offices abroad are slated to begin shuttering as soon as June 30, 2019, starting with Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, and then Manila in the Philippines just a few days after that."

What will the alternative be for getting a CR1 Visa?  How can there be an interview process?

Edited by Alk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadow
24 minutes ago, Alk said:

Ouch...when I spoke to a person working for the USCIS in April, she had said that would not be the case for the foreseeable future.  If that happens, I'd think people like me will be up a creek. 

I just read the following.... "The more than 20 offices abroad are slated to begin shuttering as soon as June 30, 2019, starting with Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, and then Manila in the Philippines just a few days after that."

What will the alternative be for getting a CR1 Visa?  How can there be an interview process?

The second half of the process is done by a separate part of Homeland Security, it will not be effected by the USCIS office closure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alk
6 minutes ago, shadow said:

The second half of the process is done by a separate part of Homeland Security, it will not be effected by the USCIS office closure.

Update**

Thanks Shadow.  I went ahead and called the USCIS Manila Hotline.  After listening for a minute or so of recorded messages, I shockingly was immediately transferred to a live human being.  He was polite and professional.  After verifying that we had a visa request in place, he said that as of right now, there are no plans to close the Manila office in the immediate future and that Visa applications are proceeding on a business-as-usual basis (big sigh of relief).

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alk
On 5/14/2019 at 8:35 AM, throttleplate said:

yes i recieved approval after 75 days via email and an original copy is being sent to my ph home address. Now waiting for my case number which may take a couple weeks? to proceed to stage 2.

I received my notice of approval via email in about 50 days (April 4-May 23).    Now waiting for stage 2 as well.  Good luck with your upcoming interview. I'd be interested about what date you were assigned for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
throttleplate
16 hours ago, Alk said:

I received my notice of approval via email in about 50 days (April 4-May 23).    Now waiting for stage 2 as well.  Good luck with your upcoming interview. I'd be interested about what date you were assigned for that.

about the embassy sending an original copy to my ph address i wonder if that is really coming or not. Shadow is doing the DS-260 app and just yesterday i sent him my i-864 info showing support. That is where we are at at this moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alk
On 5/25/2019 at 8:45 AM, throttleplate said:

about the embassy sending an original copy to my ph address i wonder if that is really coming or not. Shadow is doing the DS-260 app and just yesterday i sent him my i-864 info showing support. That is where we are at at this moment.

Thanks for the update.  I'm not sure why you'd need the original with the electronic copy being sent in the email.  I'm assuming you got an email from the Consular section of the embassy about fees for the I-864 form, which you've paid electronically.

..Did you put your Philippine address or a USA address on the I-864?   I'm struggling a bit with satisfying the domicile definition, and how best to answer that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
throttleplate
2 hours ago, Alk said:

Thanks for the update.  I'm not sure why you'd need the original with the electronic copy being sent in the email.  I'm assuming you got an email from the Consular section of the embassy about fees for the I-864 form, which you've paid electronically.

..Did you put your Philippine address or a USA address on the I-864?   I'm struggling a bit with satisfying the domicile definition, and how best to answer that.  

i pay for i-864 when wife goes to interview, also need medical exam before the interview so will have to spend a week in manila as its a 2day exam first come first serve and then interview at end of week which will need to all be scheduled. I used my ph address and for proof of domicle i have a home in the usa so i show the assesment and tax paid paperwork on property for domicle proof along with my car registration, credit card,,VA bills all with my usa address on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..