Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HTM

Norway Builds World's First Floating & Largest Underwater Tunnels

Recommended Posts

HTM

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
23 minutes ago, HTM said:

 

While the savings of 10.5 hours is significant and there is substantial benefit to that in fuel savings, etc.  Does that outway the cost of the project? Has more efficient ferry service been considered?  The 10.5 hours I assume to be the entire length of the plan but wouldn't a more inland highway system be better cheaper than a coastal road?  Then highways from that out to the major towns between the fjords rather than over/under them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolf
18 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

but wouldn't a more inland highway system be better cheaper than a coastal road?  Then highways from that out to the major towns between the fjords rather than over/under them.

sure, then they would have to build a ton of bridges and tunnels

digging tunnels through rock is not cheap

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan

image.thumb.png.c103ae44747f6638013b825e01690cbb.png

Looks like you already have that at less than 10.5 hours so a savings of 10.5 hours is not possible.  So the major benefactors would be the towns from  Bergen to Alesund although for Alesund, and nearby, it probably wouldn't be a major improvement.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HTM
48 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

While the savings of 10.5 hours is significant and there is substantial benefit to that in fuel savings, etc.  Does that outway the cost of the project? Has more efficient ferry service been considered?  The 10.5 hours I assume to be the entire length of the plan but wouldn't a more inland highway system be better cheaper than a coastal road?  Then highways from that out to the major towns between the fjords rather than over/under them.

The most important thing is the whether I think, snow and storm. Norway already has lots of ferry's , bridges and tunnels. A storm and 2 meter snow easy stop/making problems for ferry's and cars on bridges and roads.

 

 

84923d32-a4e3-4927-87ae-76a272563ba2.jpg

ages.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HTM
5 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

image.thumb.png.c103ae44747f6638013b825e01690cbb.png

Looks like you already have that at less than 10.5 hours so a savings of 10.5 hours is not possible.  So the major benefactors would be the towns from  Bergen to Alesund although for Alesund, and nearby, it probably wouldn't be a major improvement.  

Its the people out at the coast this is an offer for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan

Of course it is up to Norway and Norwegian taxpayers but if I were a Norwegian in Oslo or other Norwegian city I would wonder about the cost vs. benefit.  I imagine the tolls will be significant so cheaper than ferries? As an engineer it's very cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
liquido

 What a feat of engineering that would be...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HTM
3 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

if I were a Norwegian in Oslo or other Norwegian city I would wonder about the cost vs. benefit.

Whats the difference between you and Norwegians, (joke lang) No most of us drive all owner Norway, not only the city we living, so its important for most Norwegians.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
2 minutes ago, HTM said:

Its the people out at the coast this is an offer for. 

Yes, but not the whole coast, ony the middle section.  How much traffic is there specifically from Molde to Haugesund and vv. for example?  For those people it might currently be a toss up to take the coast road south or to go north to Trondheim, then south to Kistianssland through Oslo and then north.  This project would help them but how much traffic would that be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HTM

Norway can do thing like this sins Norway have lots of money, not even need to use "taxpayers money".

The sovereign wealth fund of Norway has over US$1 trillion in assets, and owns an average 1.4 percent of the world's listed stocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
38 minutes ago, HTM said:

Norway can do thing like this sins Norway have lots of money, not even need to use "taxpayers money".

The sovereign wealth fund of Norway has over US$1 trillion in assets, and owns an average 1.4 percent of the world's listed stocks.

Why does Norway even have taxes if they have that much money already?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HTM
1 minute ago, Headshot said:

Why does Norway even have taxes if they have that much money already?

For Norwegians are smart and think of the future and of generations to come.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolf
3 minutes ago, HTM said:

Norway can do thing like this sins Norway have lots of money, not even need to use "taxpayers money".

The sovereign wealth fund of Norway has over US$1 trillion in assets, and owns an average 1.4 percent of the world's listed stocks.
Not bad for a small heathen socialistic country...... 

And @SkyMan want to tell the norwegians what do do  or not to do with their money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HTM
33 minutes ago, Woolf said:

And @SkyMan want to tell the norwegians what do do  or not to do with their money

Yes Norway cant handle money or investment hehehehe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..