Sign in to follow this  
Anthonytt

BB Run

colemanlee
2 hours ago, Janneo said:

Not too many pesky aussies running around nowadays ? ;-)

None that I noticed, actually was amazed that there was very little raising hell like you see in Pataya or BBK,  Most everybody was just chilling and having a good time...wife and daughter liked the malls much better than BBK...we hired a driver and spent a couple of days driving all over the place, temples, beaches etc...stayed at the Mercure hotel and was very impressed with their breakfast buffet...excellent food....wife and daughter loved the infinity pool on top of the place..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

savarity

I guess a person should consider hotel costs too if they were looking for the cheapest airfare and were going to stay one night.

HK or SIN have very expensive hotel rooms.

Cambodia, low priced rooms, but I think you need a visa even for a short stay? My visa was $25 and $35usd about 3 years ago.

KUL has rooms at about $45usd a night right at the airport and very quick to get through Malaysian customs.

to_dave007

I thought the Kota Kinabalu flight is only available from manila. I see OP is in Cebu.. and for me I wouldn't want to do a two hop flight for BB run, so I'd be thinking about ONLY those places that can be reached from Cebu in 1 hop. 

HK would likely be our 1st choice.

MickyG

HK and Thailand are way more expensive than KK.

Time to HK and Kk is about the same. No need to adjust your time pieces either.

KK is very laid back and if you are prepared to explore it is a lot of fun and interesting. also very clean. My wife thought it would be like Mindanao, but was shocked to find that it was not and full of pinays as well. Enjoyed the nightmarket there, she could could not stop gassing to all new sisters at the stalls. Labuan was an interesting beach resort stay for 50$ per night for the two of us with breakfast.  We did HK xmas 2017 nice clean and tidy we went at a time they had a warmer xmas about 18c all the way through.

Our next great escape will be to Taiwan now they have also eased visa restrictions for pinays.

Janneo

I remember using a flight search site that showed the prices covering a month or so as a bar diagram at the top. Great help to determine what days are the cheapest. Now I can not find it, maybe it is no more. Anyone have an idea what site i'm thinking of?

Woolf

Could be this one

momondo.com 

• Thanks 1

Janneo
5 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Could be this one

momondo.com 

That's the one, many thanks Woolf!

Woolf
1 minute ago, Janneo said:

That's the one, many thanks Woolf!