Sign in to follow this  
Anthonytt

BB Run

Anthonytt

Any suggestions on cheap BB run ? Where to fly to for the night?

MickyG
19 minutes ago, Anthonytt said:

Any suggestions on cheap BB run ? Where to fly to for the night?

Kota kinabalu is one of our form favourites. last time we did that we made it a 5 days trip with two nights on labuan island. But KK is still good for a cheap overnighter.

SkyMan

I think HK is about the cheapest.  If it were me I'd go somewhere to spend at least a few days and see some things but it's up to you of course.

• Like 1

colemanlee

I agree HK is the cheapest..or maybe Taiwan ...but we do it every year and so far my by far favorite is Bali

jtmwatchbiz
35 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I think HK is about the cheapest.  If it were me I'd go somewhere to spend at least a few days and see some things but it's up to you of course.

i agree.  the night markets in kowloon are great fun and the food in town is cheap and good.  lot's to see and do there!

29 minutes ago, colemanlee said:

I agree HK is the cheapest..or maybe Taiwan ...but we do it every year and so far my by far favorite is Bali

hey good to see you're back posting.   :biggrin_01:

Janneo

Apart from the flights, what countries would be cheapest from the standpoint of food,sightseeing and sleeping somewhere for a few days?

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz
1 minute ago, Janneo said:

Apart from the flights, what countries would be cheapest from the standpoint of food,sightseeing and sleeping somewhere for a few days?

good question as i'm only familiar with taiwan and hong kong. 

SkyMan
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Janneo said:

A friend of mine, his wife, daughter, and his parents went to Thailand for a month for about $1000 per person.  about $1200 per couple. That included in country travel and hotels all prearranged.  Some of the hotels  included breakfast.  The rest of the food entrance fees, whatever, was on them.  I'm not sure where all they went but Chang Mai and Phi Phi I know for sure.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

colemanlee
5 minutes ago, Janneo said:

I enjoyed both Bali and Cambodia...if your into temples and such...cool thing about Cambodia is they use USD more than their own currency....Chiang Mai in Thailand is also pretty good...it all depends on what you like

• Like 1

Janneo
8 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

good question as i'm only familiar with taiwan and hong kong. 

I had not thought about Taiwan. That could be very interesting. I'm curious how different it is compared to China.

jtmwatchbiz
9 minutes ago, Janneo said:

I had not thought about Taiwan. That could be very interesting. I'm curious how different it is compared to China.

i can't say what it's like compared to china as i never been to china but taiwan is a fairly easy place to get around in and friendly people.  very similar to hong kong. 

• Like 1

Janneo
13 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

A friend of mine, his wife, daughter, and his parents went to Thailand for a month for about $1000 per person.  That included in country travel and hotels all prearranged.  Some of the hotels  included breakfast.  The rest of the food was on them.  I'm not sure where all they went but Chang Mai and Phi Phi I know for sure.

That sounds very reasonable. Prearranged, like a package bought and payed for before the trip?  

BossHog
5 hours ago, MickyG said:

Kota kinabalu is one of our favourites

We like KK too. It ticks all the boxes for me: great eats, easy to get around and uncrowded, access to excellent Borneo birdwatching.Taking the wife and two daughters there again soon for a week or so. Oh, and the flight from Manila is only 2h 05m.  Here's a brief write-up I did from our last tripin 2016:

• Like 2

SkyMan
13 minutes ago, Janneo said:

That sounds very reasonable. Prearranged, like a package bought and payed for before the trip?  

I corrected it above but it was more $1200 per couple so even better than I said.  They flew to BKK with a couple days hotel prearranged, then went to a travel agent and booked the trip around.

• Thanks 1

Janneo
21 minutes ago, colemanlee said:

I enjoyed both Bali and Cambodia...if your into temples and such...cool thing about Cambodia is they use USD more than their own currency....Chiang Mai in Thailand is also pretty good...it all depends on what you like

Temples are cool to visit, but 2-3 is my limit.

I been to Bali many,many many moons ago and would like to visit again. Not too many pesky aussies running around nowadays ? ;-)