DAK - Denmark, Imported Chopped Ham

easy44 ... Yup, those round Fiesta hams are pretty good. A little sweet, but it's the best ham that is made locally here in the PI ... The only problem is that here in Bacolod, Fiesta hams are only sold during the Christmas / New Years holiday season. Not available the rest of the year.

Although Bacolod does have an SM and a Robinsons supermarket, we don't have split peas here. Seems like Cebu has alot of stores that have a pretty good availability of foreign products, or products that your average "local" would not normally buy.

At Xmas, getting the Chinese hams with bone-in I like. This year, the one I got was way too salty though, but still got the bone in the freezer for some good split pea soup soon...

Split Pea Soup! ..... Where the heck do you find split peas in the Philippines?

I buy them at Ayala Supermarket. We have split pea soup all the time.

BTW, the Purefoods frozen Fiesta Ham is pretty good. Solid lean meat, high quality. About P400 for 1kg in the frozen meat section also at Ayala.

Two pack of frozen Springfield Stew vegetables. Two pork broth cubes, One tin of Hereford cooked ham ore DAK.(454g) Chop the ham in 1-2 cm size chunks, add salt and as much pepper as you dear! In a pot with water cook for 10- 15 min. Makes a good soup, fast and easy!

Everyone here eats that!

Edited by Billyand
easy44

easy44 ... Yup, those round Fiesta hams are pretty good. A little sweet, but it's the best ham that is made locally here in the PI ... The only problem is that here in Bacolod, Fiesta hams are only sold during the Christmas / New Years holiday season. Not available the rest of the year.

Although Bacolod does have an SM and a Robinsons supermarket, we don't have split peas here. Seems like Cebu has alot of stores that have a pretty good availability of foreign products, or products that your average "local" would not normally buy.

We're lucky to have so many imported items available in Cebu. I try to stay away from them as much as possible because of the expense, but sometimes you just gotta have some "comfort food". When I moved here 9 years ago there wasn't nearly as many choices.

roadhaze

I love a good ham sandwich. The thinner it is sliced the better. Just me but I think it changes the taste. Stack it on thick with mayo lettuce and tomato.

There is a big ol ham in the cooker right now. Gonna be sandwich time later to night and tomorrow. Think instead of mayo tonight i will use Ranch dressing.

• 2 weeks later...
fanboat

I love a good ham sandwich. The thinner it is sliced the better. Just me but I think it changes the taste. Stack it on thick with mayo lettuce and tomato.

There is a big ol ham in the cooker right now. Gonna be sandwich time later to night and tomorrow. Think instead of mayo tonight i will use Ranch dressing.

Sounds good...where can I buy a mmeat slicer and how mmuch are they?

ps..pool mtime tomorrow...I will be serving ham sandwitch....want to come along?10am

You guys are so out of order.

Might be that You are not in You'r home country, but nevertheless, You are far out.

Please order You'r ham through me and I can provide a long term vendor for smoked hams.

You guys refer to ham as cooked boiled up wanttogiveaways as ham: Geezzz, you need to get arround more.

Thast is the human waist. cooked ham. eaten by the English and the scottish and the assuises.

A real ham is salted and dryed up to two years before eaten.

Blame You who spread anticooking advices.

Edited by Baldy