VA Manila MEDS Delivery

Soupeod

From an Email today.

———————————————

Pharmacy Updates

VA Manila has seen continued improvements in Air21 and LBCs ability to service additional areas and regions within the Philippines. It is expected this will continue to improve as domestic air operations slowly resume to other islands from Luzon. VA Manila mailed nearly 400 medication packages to Veterans this Tuesday alone, and Air21 delivered more than 200 medications that same day too. VA Manila is also working with several partners to expand our delivery areas – including Divine Grace Hospital in Cavite. The Retired Activates Office has also been working with VA Manila to help to coordinate travel and mail pickup for RAOs in Clark and Subic from the FPO Office at the Embassy. An additional 150 Veterans medication packages for these areas were transported to Pampanga and Zambales with the RAO on Monday, along with monthly medication refills from Mail Order Pharmacies received via FPO shipments, and monthly benefit checks. 

Veterans with questions about medication refills can contact the Outpatient Clinic through Secure Messenger within the MyHealtheVet online portal. Veterans can also use MyHealtheVet to request medication refills, or contact the Automated Pharmacy Refill Line at: #MyVA (#6982), Option 8 or +63-02-8550-3888, Option 8.

smokey

The va clinic has send our march meds to air 21 i received an e mail saying the meds for cebu arrived monday but i also get meds from the us sent to the fpo i wonder how that will work with rao closed

Soupeod
1 hour ago, smokey said:

The va clinic has send our march meds to air 21 i received an e mail saying the meds for cebu arrived monday but i also get meds from the us sent to the fpo i wonder how that will work with rao closed

No idea brother, sorry

smokey
5 hours ago, Soupeod said:

VA Manila is Air-21 to physical address.

If your using express scripts to the RAO psc 517 xxxxx etc. You would need to ask them if the Embassy is still passing down mail to the Cebu RAO.

Then find someone from the Cebu RAO to let you get whatever mail they have.

Well the va said they are getting mail to angeles so maybe soon 

smokey

So like most vets that use the va manila clinic i get most of my meds usually once every 3 months well this march of course nothing . So the va writes me to say AIR 21. Will be delivering early april the back orders. Low and behold i get a text from air 21 on the 4th said we will deliver on 6th well nothing 6./7/8/9/10/11/12/13 so i call them phone busy for 2 days. OK. I e mail them 3 times no ans back then today i contact them on FB and i can see they read it but no reply anyone get their meds air21 in last 8 days

• 1 month later...
smokey

Phil at rao sent me a package thru lalamore from his base in mactan to me in talisay but i had to drive into cebu to receive it so still the usual confusion.     But i still am very thankful to phil and rao for taking the time to care

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1
Jim_in_Jax
1 hour ago, smokey said:

Phil at rao sent me a package thru lalamore from his base in mactan to me in talisay but i had to drive into cebu to receive it so still the usual confusion.     But i still am very thankful to phil and rao for taking the time to care

Speaking of deliveries and RAO, I'm assuming RAO has been closed for the duration of this quarantine and no deliveries from Manila have been coming in?  I have all my meds that I'm going to run out of in about 1.5 week if I don't get them from RAO.  Anyone know what's going on with them?  My wife has called both Ronnie and the number in their office and there's never an answer.

Starting March 19, 2020
RAO Cebu was closed until further notice.
Keep safe everyone

Headshot
3 hours ago, Jim_in_Jax said:

Speaking of deliveries and RAO, I'm assuming RAO has been closed for the duration of this quarantine and no deliveries from Manila have been coming in?  I have all my meds that I'm going to run out of in about 1.5 week if I don't get them from RAO.  Anyone know what's going on with them?  My wife has called both Ronnie and the number in their office and there's never an answer.

I will PM you.

• Like 1
SkyMan

I'm guessing when the Cebu RAO shut down, Subic stopped sending and about the same time, Subic could no longer pick up from the embassy so the whole FPO system is jammed up.  The embassy probably halted receiving non embassy mail as well.  I think CC is going to have to go to reduced restrictions before the office can open again and start receiving mail.  SO even when they do open, I wouldn't expect mail right away.  I imagine meds and Kung Flu checks will be the highest priority.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
smokey
23 hours ago, Jim_in_Jax said:

I was same deal rao subic sent mail to rao cebu yesterday to phil direct he is trying to ship it out 

Soupeod
On 5/29/2020 at 7:23 PM, SkyMan said:

I'm guessing when the Cebu RAO shut down, Subic stopped sending and about the same time, Subic could no longer pick up from the embassy so the whole FPO system is jammed up.  The embassy probably halted receiving non embassy mail as well.  I think CC is going to have to go to reduced restrictions before the office can open again and start receiving mail.  SO even when they do open, I wouldn't expect mail right away.  I imagine meds and Kung Flu checks will be the highest priority.

That’s what I was thinking as well.

On 5/30/2020 at 9:55 AM, smokey said:

I was same deal rao subic sent mail to rao cebu yesterday to phil direct he is trying to ship it out 

Can anyone Pm Phil’s email addy? Thx.

Edited by Soupeod
Headshot
5 hours ago, Soupeod said:

That’s what I was thinking as well.

Cany anyone Pm Phil’s email addy? Thx.

I don't have his email address, but I have his cell number. Unfortunately, the LinC Forums system won't let me PM you for some reason, and I'm not going to put his cell number out on the open forums. Phil did get a shipment of mail delivered to his house (mostly medications) from Subic, and he will forward it if requested by individual members, but only if you pay the motorcycle courier fee from his house to yours. I'm not sure why I can't PM you, but maybe an admin make it possible for me to do so, Soup.

Edited by Headshot
  • Thanks 1