lamoe

Help from Social Security in Manila was great

lamoe

Changed home of record address between tax filings and never received SS statement

Tried for over a month  dealing with them in US - E-mails - attempted calls

Was just going to add 2% (COLA) to 2017 totals, add letter, and let them figure it out.

Tanks to a recent post about STEP I signed up and saw that there is a SS branch in Manila

Sent E-mail on Saturday - got form reply asking for specific info  on Tuesday - got info yesterday at 5:35 PM

Here is who replied to me

Embassy of the United States of America | 1201 Roxas Boulevard, Ermita 0930 Manila, Philippines

Phone: +63 2 301 6218 | Fax: +63 2 708 9714 / +63 2 708 9723  | E-Mail: [email protected]ssa.gov

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

towboat72

Any dealing that I've ever had with S/S either in manila or at out reach in cebu has always been positive.

Found them to be very helpful with sorting out what I have needed to get done.

Semper paratus
On 3/20/2019 at 7:14 PM, lamoe said:

Changed home of record address between tax filings and never received SS statement

Tried for over a month  dealing with them in US - E-mails - attempted calls

Was just going to add 2% (COLA) to 2017 totals, add letter, and let them figure it out.

Tanks to a recent post about STEP I signed up and saw that there is a SS branch in Manila

Sent E-mail on Saturday - got form reply asking for specific info  on Tuesday - got info yesterday at 5:35 PM

Here is who replied to me

Embassy of the United States of America | 1201 Roxas Boulevard, Ermita 0930 Manila, Philippines

Phone: +63 2 301 6218 | Fax: +63 2 708 9714 / +63 2 708 9723  | E-Mail: [email protected]ssa.gov

I have had super service from the S.S. gals in Manila, probably because they are not burdened with AA people.  

Jawny

As a precautionary note, be sure the documents you use are correct and the SSA staff is clear about the requests being made.  I’ve had several mistakes made by the staff.  Friendly and apologetic, but the mistakes required extra effort to get corrected.