Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

Transfer comparison. USD-PHP

SkyMan

This was posted on fb.  Not sure where it came from but might be useful info for some.

image.thumb.png.516e2c97592efdf3fa51684e4ba8b1f5.png

I looked up the XE rate for the 11th and it was p52.25 so p104,500 for $2Kat that rate which is higher than you can get at an exchange.

• Like 1

Ozepete

We use XE for international payments out of Oz. We have found them the best deal from here.    XE Money Transfer [[email protected]]

• Like 1

Cebuandrew

I used Xoom my first 4 years here, and always happy with how fast and easy it is. A friend told me to try Remitly recently, and tried it twice now in last month. Same service, same quick results. Seems I get a slightly better rate with Remitly, Not a lot more, but a little. What I liked most about it, was with Remitly, there is an instant withdraw on my U.S. bank account to track, where with Xoom, it can take 2 days for bank account to reflect transaction. Lol...maybe it is my OCD, but I feel better tracking it all in real time.

• Like 1

Soupeod

52.44 right now

usd to php converter / google

• Like 1

wondersailor

Don't know about that chart. I transfered $5000 to Philippines bank on April 5 through Transfer wise and was socked $37.95 for the pleasure.

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Soupeod said:

52.44 right now

usd to php converter / google

Yeah, was hanging around and even under 51 and I m starting to need pesos again. 51 is still good though, but I like 52+ better

• Like 1

Kreole
13 hours ago, wondersailor said:

Don't know about that chart. I transfered $5000 to Philippines bank on April 5 through Transfer wise and was socked $37.95 for the pleasure.

This seems like good incentive to use XOOM or any of the other transfer companies referred to here.

Soupeod

Transferwise raised their fees. Xoom gives a lesser exchange rate.

wondersailor

Then there is a dollar (or other currency) to dollar transfer. But then you have to find a fair money changer. I have a friend who swears by Western Union for this. I will be checking into my options next month.