Sign in to follow this  
Paddy

Welcome to Masbate eh?

Paddy

I was at Masbate Port this afternoon meeting the Fastcraft. Where the Fast raft usually ties up was a very smart cruiser flying the Maple Leaf. 

It looked like all were ashore somewhere otherwise I would have gone over and said hello. 

I didn’t take a pic and I’m not particularly nautical so I have no idea of the make and model (except it’s out of my price range! 😊)

Anyway - if you’re on LinC, welcome to Masbate!

SkyMan

Someone's trying to suck up for a boat ride I think.

• Like 1

to_dave007
Posted (edited)

As a Canadian, I know I make a special effort to meet Canadians moving into my area.  I suspect those of many other nationalities do the same.  The boat.. though nice.. isn't as much of a draw as the flag.

Paddy..  what part of Canada you from?  I'm from southern Ontario.   You stilling going back and forth?

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1

Paddy
6 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

Paddy..  what part of Canada you from?  I'm from southern Ontario.   You stilling going back and forth?

Ajax Ontario. I’ve been here full time since I retired last July. No specific plans to go back and with an SRRV, no particular need. I actually like it here 😄

Paddy
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Someone's trying to suck up for a boat ride I think.

Well - if it was offered😄

usually the smartest thing in the port is the Montenegro fastcraft (until you get really close!) so this cruiser was an unexpected sight. I’ve never seen anything else like it here in 10 years. The maple leaf was the real draw though. 

Not having spent much time in Cebu, the only other place I’ve seen anything like this is at the Marina in Manila. 

Edited by Paddy
Additional

KID
12 hours ago, Paddy said:

I didn’t take a pic

Then it didnt happen :) 

Paddy

I’m often at the port and usually do take a pic or two. It’s a scenic place. 

549377AD-D051-4BAD-87AB-698B473AD427.thumb.png.478cea45af8eaa26043e6b546eb5a1fe.png

This time, for whatever reason, the phone stayed in my pocket. 

chillman10

It wasn't the boat owned by the Mining company (Canadian owned) near Aroroy that transports personnel to and from the mine to Masbate city was it?

Paddy
2 hours ago, chillman10 said:

It wasn't the boat owned by the Mining company (Canadian owned) near Aroroy that transports personnel to and from the mine to Masbate city was it?

Never having seen it before I really don’t know. Time, perhaps, will tell. 

to_dave007
On 3/19/2019 at 8:54 AM, Paddy said:

Ajax Ontario. I’ve been here full time since I retired last July. No specific plans to go back and with an SRRV, no particular need. I actually like it here 😄

Not so far from me..  Raised mostly near Caledonia, south of Hamilton on Hwy 6..  then Toronto (East York) from 77 till the house was sold in 2012.. When I go back I stay mostly with my brother in Hamilton or sometimes at buddies in Markham.  I have 4 kids back there so I still travel back annually for few weeks..  No plans to live back there either.  Will travel back in July/August this year for few weeks.

Paddy
18 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

East York)

The good old Borough of East York 😄. I lived in Scarborough for years before Ajax. 

I still have a sister in Woodstock. Her basement is my likely abode if I do travel back!