Sign in to follow this  
Woolf

Netizen’s photos of foreigner fixing damaged trash bins in Dumaguete goes viral

Woolf

Cebu Daily News

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/222750/netizens-photos-of-foreigner-fixing-damaged-trash-bins-in-dumaguetes-boulevard-goes-viral?utm_expid=.XqNwTug2W6nwDVUSgFJXed.1

Netizen’s photos of foreigner fixing damaged trash bins in Dumaguete’s boulevard goes viral

By Immae Lachica|March 17,2019 - 02:57 PM

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Netizen, Angela Montermoso, from Dumaguete City posted pictures on her Facebook account yesterday, March 17, of a foreigner who was busy fixing the trash bins along the famous boulevard of the city. The post garnered 1,400 shares and about a thousand reactions. 

She captioned the post with  “Woah. Maulaw ta dili taga diri pero syay ga ayos mga gubang basurahan diris boulevard. Thank you sir! God bless you po!” 

(“Woah. We should be ashamed of ourselves here because he (a foreigner) is the one repairing the damaged trash bins at the boulevard. Thank you sir! God bless you!)

This is a screenshot of Angel Montermoso’s online post of a foreigner fixing damaged garbage cans in Dumaguete that went viral online.

Montermoso shared with Cebu Daily News Digital why she took the pictures and posted it online. 

“Rare na kaayo sa panahon ron na naay pake sa surroundings and mas rare na kay knowing na foreigner sya, sya pa jud ni fix hehe. So i just want him to be recognized. Wala sad ko ga expect mo sikat gamay” said Montermoso.

In these times, it’s rare for someone to care for the surroundings, and even more rare since he is a foreigner and he’s the one who fixed (the damaged trash bins). So I just want him to be recognized. I wasn’t expecting for my post to get a lot of reactions.)

Although, she failed to ask for the identity of the foreigner, this is her way of commending him, whose simple act can go a long way and serve as an inspiration to everyone. /dbs

image.thumb.png.53d412f2ffde6047387b74d8c5a845a7.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

newtocebu

Lets hope he is not charged for working without a permit or causing the local government bodies to lose face or some other made up crap

• Like 7

Janneo

So there really are trash bins in Philippines. I thought that was just a myth.

• Like 2

SkyMan
On 3/18/2019 at 10:37 AM, newtocebu said:

Lets hope he is not charged for working without a permit or causing the local government bodies to lose face or some other made up crap

That's what I was thinking. He's taking someone's job or embarrassing locals.

• Like 1

HTM

The normal bullshit comments when some do a good deed here, not only sitting drinking, complaining and hunting girls.
He do something god, and all Filipinos in Dumaguete going to love him for that, but foreigners that do noting that's another case....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

SkyMan
41 minutes ago, HTM said:

The normal bullshit comments when some do a good deed here, not only sitting drinking, complaining and hunting girls.
He do something god, and all Filipinos in Dumaguete going to love him for that, but foreigners that do noting that's another case....

Mostly said in jest but there is the old adage that no good deed goes unpunished.

• Like 2

Salty Dog

1.4K Shares isn't even close to being viral on FB...

Try more like 1.4 million...

• Like 1