Sign in to follow this  
liquido

Tinted Car Windows

Paddy
17 hours ago, liquido said:

how can you see while driving out the vehicle at night

With difficulty! So I try to avoid driving here after dark. (Mind you, half of the real problem is other vehicles - particularly motorbikes and tricycles and the occasional truck with NO lights at all)

My auto lights sensor has trouble seeing through the tint too and this tends to get the autocalesa drivers flashing their lights to tell me mine are on. Lots of shadows on the road in the later afternoon tends to turn the lights on even though there’s plenty of light otherwise  

I’m considering changing the windshield tint to “light” from “medium”. 

• Like 2

SkyMan
8 hours ago, cookie47 said:

May i ask...(maybe a bit off topic) what happens when regulations change between states and you enter a state as a visitor with a vehicle that doesn't comply but is ok in your home state..

I always registered my vehicles in Oregon but lived mostly in Ohio.  My car had dark on the side windows and black in the back.  I don't know what the Oregon law was for tint and assumed the Ohio cops probably didn't either nor did they bother to find out.  Never bothered me about it.  I knew they were sensitive about approaching vehicles with tint so if ever pulled over I just autodowned the window before they approached, hands on the wheel, even once when it was snowing.

• Like 1

lamoe
7 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I knew they were sensitive about approaching vehicles with tint so if ever pulled over I just autodowned the window before they approached, hands on the wheel, even once when it was snowing.

That and going on domestic calls are the 2 biggest fears of a cop - according to my daughter.

jimmyzr1

Too bad most people on this topic are discussing about out of the Philippines, instead of in the Philippines. I am curious how many foreign drivers here now have their windows tinted dark, to not let Filipinos see they are foreigners. I heard of several guys tinting dark here, in case they were in an accident, then they changed seats with their wives, if in accident.

• Like 1

SkyMan
22 minutes ago, jimmyzr1 said:

Too bad most people on this topic are discussing about out of the Philippines, instead of in the Philippines. I am curious how many foreign drivers here now have their windows tinted dark, to not let Filipinos see they are foreigners. I heard of several guys tinting dark here, in case they were in an accident, then they changed seats with their wives, if in accident.

I suppose that could be an option.  As long as someone pays for the damage.  Mine are tinted but the main reason is for heat.

• Like 1

Semper paratus

Any tint that is so dark you cannot see and identify the driver should be illegal. Period. The same with people on motorcycles with their faces all wrapped up like a mummy. I think the motorcycle one is illegal but as usual no one enforces it. Also I saw 2 muslims in Dumaguete the other day, I assume they were, anyhow they had on full dress black from top to bottom with only a slit for the eyes, How could one identity them when they commit a crime ? And who knows what they are carrying under those black tents ? Do the guards search them before they enter a mall or stores ?

• Like 3

Barryrio

Any such legislation would be totally pointless as it would never be effectively enforced. Anymore than the much-heralded strict compliance with the helmet laws was here in Dumaguete.  I always remove the front screen tint and accept the extra heat as a trade-off for actually being able to see clearly at night. As the rest of the vehicle is till tinted (albeit not heavily) it is still difficult to see in. You can make out the driver and any hand signals but not actual features unless right up close. Works for us!

• Like 2

SkyMan
2 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

people on motorcycles with their faces all wrapped up like a mummy.

I have a note from the VA that says I need to wear a mask.

• Haha 1