liquido

Mt friend read somewhere here that the government is trying or putting through a law about the degree of darkness to the tint of car windows.Cannot find anything to back it up..Would be nice to make some sort of eye contact with the driver as a pedestrian that he see's you or somehow he acknowledges that you are there..I dont recall ever being able to see the person driving a vehicle that has tinted windows being so dark plus how can you see while driving out the vehicle at night? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

lamoe
5 hours ago, liquido said:

Mt friend read somewhere here that the government is trying or putting through a law about the degree of darkness to the tint of car windows.Cannot find anything to back it up..Would be nice to make some sort of eye contact with the driver as a pedestrian that he see's you or somehow he acknowledges that you are there..I dont recall ever being able to see the person driving a vehicle that has tinted windows being so dark plus how can you see while driving out the vehicle at night? 

As a driver - my center section is not tinted - it would be nice if more pedestrians would look before stepping out into traffic or from between Jeepnys - not so much on Escario but on Osmena and Colon  it's like 'I double dog dare ya"

You can't very easily, that's why I have the center section removed

• Like 1

liquido
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, lamoe said:

it would be nice if more pedestrians would look before stepping out into traffic or from between Jeepnys

Im very surprised the pedestrians do not look here because this is NOT a country were cars yield to the pedestrians..Pedestrians are considered a pinball here..

Edited by liquido
  • Like 2

cookie47

As a licenced vehicle roadworthy inspector in Australia for 25 years
I have to agree with this proposal.

Australia and i guess the US has mandatory regulations regarding window tinting.
In Australia.....
70 % light transmittance on the front windows (driver and passenger), 30% anywhere behind the driver.

100mm tinting allowed from top of windscreen max.

As stated its to allow eye contact when negotiating junctions etc... and for the police to a somewhat identify the front seat occupants.
The "Traffic" police and road traffic authorities carry light meters and will defect the vehicle.... drama you don't need..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Jawny

Just for fun, when a heavily tinted car passes, it’s fun to wave and smile as the car passes.  Doesn’t really matter if you can see inside.  If someone is there, it appears to them that you see them. Yuk yuk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

cookie47
Just for fun, when a heavily tinted car passes, it’s fun to wave and smile as the car passes.  Doesn’t really matter if you can see inside.  If someone is there, it appears to them that you see them. Yuk yuk.
Well its so funny that you have mentioned this.
There are two New Hilux pickups on the Subdivision where i live, both the same colour and both with BLACK windows. One family we know, the other we don't.
Apparently I've been waiving to the wrong one according to my wife.

• Like 2

KID
27 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

i guess the US has mandatory regulations regarding window tinting.

State specific 

• Like 2

KID
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Apparently I've been waiving to the wrong one according to my wife

They just think you are their "special" neighbor :)

Edited by KID
  • Like 1

cookie47
State specific 
May i ask...(maybe a bit off topic) what happens when regulations change between states and you enter a state as a visitor with a vehicle that doesn't comply but is ok in your home state..

lamoe
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

May i ask...(maybe a bit off topic) what happens when regulations change between states and you enter a state as a visitor with a vehicle that doesn't comply but is ok in your home state..

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

The laws that are the provence of a state take precedence over those who come into it.

Concealed carry is a prime example - to go even farther - counties and cities within a state can have varying laws

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1

KID
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

They go bye the regulations of the state the car is registered in

I live just a couple of miles from the Missouri/Kansas state line and thats how they work it here anyway.Pulled out of the house one morning on my bike a couple of summers ago onto a 20mph street and was just putting down a few blocks to the local cafe for breakfast when a Missouri car with tinted windows pulled in behind me . Passed a motorcycle cop coming in from a side street who soon lit him up. I just kept putting along and the next thing I know the cop is behind me. I am thinking WTF. Cop said he was gonna ticket the car and when he got behind him he realized he couldnt cuz it was a MO car so he figured he would "non-officially" just ask me if I had the motorcycle endorsement on my DL is how I know

Edited by KID
  • Like 2

cookie47
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
The laws that are the provence of a state take precedence over those who come into it.
Concealed carry is a prime example - to go even father - counties and cities within a state can have varying laws
Yes, thanks for clarification, Somewhat the same.
Caravan travelers some 10 years ago or more however were subject too 5 different state regulations regarding speed and weight which were a nightmare to stay legal.
Fortunately the Federal government standardised it.

lamoe
2 minutes ago, KID said:

They go bye the regulations of the state the car is registered in

I live just a couple of miles from the Missouri/Kansas state line and thats how they work it here anyway.Pulled out ofthe house one morning on my bike a couple of summers ago onto a 20mph street and was just putting down a few blocks tothe local cafe for breakfast when a Missouri car with tinted windows pulled in behind me . Passed a motercycle cop coming in from a side street who soon lit him up. I just kept putting along and the next thing I know the cop is behind me. I amthinking WTF. Cop said he wasgonna ticket the car and when he got behind him he realized he couldnt cuz it was a MO car so he figured he would "non-officially" just ask me if I had the motorcyclecle endorsement on my DL is how I know

from 2012 - maybe changed?

http://www.tintcenter.com/blog/2012/02/out-of-state-window-tint-violation/

Out of State Window Tint Violation

Posted on : February 29, 2012 | By : admin | In : Car Tint, Tint Laws

Comment

We often get this question regarding out of state window tint violations.  As we have covered before in previous window tint blog posts, local state police do have the right to hand out tint violations even to out of state vehicles.  Although most police generally are aware that   this action often incurs a substantial hit on goodwill to tourists from out of state, they may be under pressure or just in the mood to write you up.

Here is an interesting twist on situations like this.  In this case, a Virginia cop claims to have the authority to write up a tint violation ticket based on the out of state vehicle’s state tint laws rather than the Virginia tint law.   An ex-cop clarifies that the Virginia State Trooper has the authority to write the ticket based on VA tint laws, but not on the out of state laws, even if the vehicle itself is in violation of state laws where the vehicle it is registered.

Question: My brother was recently pulled over in the state of Virginia for his window tint being too dark. However his car is registered in North Carolina. The cop checked the tint and said that the tint was illegal in NC so he gave him a ticket based on a NC law enforcing a VA state fine. Can they do this?

Answer: Officers in Virginia can enforce illegal window tinting regardless of where the vehicle is registered, per § 46.2-1052.  Officers in Virginia can not write a ticket citing a North Carolina code section.  The Virginia code section states, in part,

1. No sun-shading or tinting films may be applied or affixed to the rear side windows or rear window or windows of any motor vehicle operated on the highways of this Commonwealth that reduce the total light transmittance of such window to less than 35 percent;

2. No sun-shading or tinting films may be applied or affixed to the front side windows of any motor vehicle operated on the highways of this Commonwealth that reduce total light transmittance of such window to less than 50 percent;

3. No sun-shading or tinting films shall be applied or affixed to any window of a motor vehicle that (i) have a reflectance of light exceeding 20 percent or (ii) produce a holographic or prism effect.

From Fredericksburg Patch.

• Like 1

KID
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, lamoe said:

from 2012 - maybe changed?

Maybe just a cool cop---- He didnt make me show my DL either, Dont think legally he could,Maybe thats why he said"non-officially"---I am licensed to drive everything but a passenger bus anyway

Edited by KID
  • Like 3