shadow

US Embassy outreach in Cebu this week?

shadow

Anyone have any information about this? 

lokias
15 minutes ago, shadow said:

Anyone have any information about this? 

https://ph.usembassy.gov/category/messages-for-us-citizens/

Nothing is listed on their Site about Cebu outreach. They will be in Dumaguete City on March 19, 2019.

• Thanks 2

Semper paratus

Hi Larry,

I am surprised after all these years you are not signed up to receive these notices automatically. I think it's a good idea to be signed up with STEP as we get all kinds of advisories to my email. Th notice was sent out 11 days ago.

Regards,

Message for U.S. Citizens: Dumaguete City Outreach - March 19, 2019

Yahoo Mail/Inbox

[email protected] <[email protected]>

5 Mar at 9:21 am

United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Message for U.S. Citizens:  Dumaguete City Outreach - March 19, 2019

The U.S. Embassy's American Citizen Services (ACS) unit will be providing U.S. citizen services in Dumaguete City on March 19, 2019 from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.  The ACS team will be accompanied by representatives from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.  Representatives from the Social Security Administration will provide remote assistance via a dedicated telephone at the event.  Please click the link below for more information:

Dumaguete City Outreach https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/PSA-Dumaguete-March-2019-1.pdf

See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.

Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.

Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 301-2000.

Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

lamoe
On 3/16/2019 at 5:46 AM, Semper paratus said:

Hi Larry,

I am surprised after all these years you are not signed up to receive these notices automatically. I think it's a good idea to be signed up with STEP as we get all kinds of advisories to my email. Th notice was sent out 11 days ago.

Regards,

Message for U.S. Citizens: Dumaguete City Outreach - March 19, 2019

Yahoo Mail/Inbox

[email protected] <[email protected]>

5 Mar at 9:21 am

United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Message for U.S. Citizens:  Dumaguete City Outreach - March 19, 2019

The U.S. Embassy's American Citizen Services (ACS) unit will be providing U.S. citizen services in Dumaguete City on March 19, 2019 from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.  The ACS team will be accompanied by representatives from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.  Representatives from the Social Security Administration will provide remote assistance via a dedicated telephone at the event.  Please click the link below for more information:

Dumaguete City Outreach https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/PSA-Dumaguete-March-2019-1.pdf

See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.

Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.

Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 301-2000.

Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

Thanks - just signed up

• Thanks 1

Jawny

I am signed up for STEP and did not get this notice. I checked my junk mail as well.  

• Like 3

Semper paratus
53 minutes ago, Jawny said:

I am signed up for STEP and did not get this notice. I checked my junk mail as well.  

Maybe there is something in addition to STEP to sign up for. I did it a long time ago so I don't recall all the details. Do you normally get all the travel warnings and so on ? 

jtmwatchbiz

i'm wondering how effective the outreach in dumaguete will be as far as serving many expats' applications and such.  the hours are quite brief being 7:30 am until 10:30 am.  the "first come first serve" and their notice that they may not be able to help out with CBRA interviews seems worrisome to those interested in traveling to dumaguete vs manila.   is anyone familiar with these outreach events?

Jawny
33 minutes ago, Semper paratus said:

Maybe there is something in addition to STEP to sign up for. I did it a long time ago so I don't recall all the details. Do you normally get all the travel warnings and so on ? 

I wouldn’t know if I get all the travel warnings, if some don’t arrive.  Keep in mind, the administrative functions of the staff are largely completed by local nationals.  So far, the STEP notifications have been about as useful as having a customer service office here.

One of the benefits of being connected to LinC is the notices from STEP usually get passed along by one or more members.

9 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

i'm wondering how effective the outreach in dumaguete will be as far as serving many expats' applications and such.  the hours are quite brief being 7:30 am until 10:30 am.  the "first come first serve" and their notice that they may not be able to help out with CBRA interviews seems worrisome to those interested in traveling to dumaguete vs manila.   is anyone familiar with these outreach events?

The outreach programs are a way for the state department to provide evidence that they are helping their fellow nationals.  If you were to read the reports of just how busy the consular staff is (in any foreign country) they will show evidence that X number of outreach activities have been completed.  Even if that consists of having a phone available for individuals to call the staff in the embassy. 

During the super typhoon Yolanda experience, it was pathetic to read reports of how the consular staff had made contact with individuals who were potentially in harms way and in need of assistance.  I’m pretty sure the effort was simply a team that wandered around Tacloban looking for pale skinned foreigners who spoke English with an American accent.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Semper paratus
57 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

Yeah, isn't it amazing they can spend a whole 3 hours with one of the largest expat populations in the country. Mighty big of them. More travel and hotel (resort), restaurant ,expenses at the Americans taxpayers expense. Tough job but someone has to do it. :o(

jtmwatchbiz
56 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

i'm wondering how effective the outreach in dumaguete will be as far as serving many expats' applications and such. 

57 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

is anyone familiar with these outreach events?

41 minutes ago, Jawny said:

The outreach programs are a way for the state department to provide evidence that they are helping their fellow nationals.

yes i see you are not a fan of the USA embassy's efforts in serving us citizens but i'm asking fairly specific questions concerning these scheduled outreach programs and looking for members' past experiences in getting applications done.  a dumaguete visit for a child's CBRA and passport application is closer and quicker than going thru the traditional manila embassy route.   

• Like 1

Semper paratus
2 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

yes i see you are not a fan of the USA embassy's efforts in serving us citizens but i'm asking fairly specific questions concerning these scheduled outreach programs and looking for members' past experiences in getting applications done.  a dumaguete visit for a child's CBRA and passport application is closer and quicker than going thru the traditional manila embassy route.   

I am not a fan of many U.S. gov't offices including the VA. It's been some of the most wasteful and aggravating aggravating experiences of my short 75 years on this earth.  I better quit there or we'll have to go to a controversial thread in the CR.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

jtmwatchbiz
1 minute ago, Semper paratus said:

I better quit there

yes i wish you would as this is a good topic with potential important info for those of us interested in availing ourselves to the dumaguete outreach scheduled two days from now. 

shadow
5 hours ago, Jawny said:

That makes at least two of us. Tonny used to always post info like this, and this forum was often the only way I knew of such events.

• Like 1

towboat72

So at this point in time we still don't know if there is going to be a outreach in cebu this week???

shadow
19 minutes ago, towboat72 said:

So at this point in time we still don't know if there is going to be a outreach in cebu this week???

I asked because someone i talked to mentioned an outreach, it was probably lost in translation as I thought it was in Cebu. Lucky for me it is in Duma instead.

Highly doubtful there would be one in Cebu the same week. Our hardworking Embassy staff will be very very tired after performing three whole hours work in Duma.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1