Sign in to follow this  
Jester

Taxi from airport

Jester

I know this is discussed in length but cannot find a thread?? 

Arriving CEB 3 AM  on a wed morning.   Destination is up in the air, depending on how I feel and how long airport takes.  May try to catch the 5:30 fastboat to Ormac or go to a hotel around Fuente.

Seems to me there are yellow and white cabs to take, but cannot remember the details.

Can someone fill me in or point me to a recent thread on this?   

lamoe
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jester said:

I know this is discussed in length but cannot find a thread?? 

Arriving CEB 3 AM  on a wed morning.   Destination is up in the air, depending on how I feel and how long airport takes.  May try to catch the 5:30 fastboat to Ormac or go to a hotel around Fuente.

Seems to me there are yellow and white cabs to take, but cannot remember the details.

Can someone fill me in or point me to a recent thread on this?   

Last time I came in at that time in the morning to Lex area about 250 / 275P - white - yellow need to negotiate

https://www.worldtaximeter.com/cebu-city/mactan+airport/fuente+osmena+circle+cebu

How much does a taxi cost from Mactan Airport to Fuente Osmena Circle Cebu in Cebu City, Philippines

The price estimate for this ride is Php173.51.

To: mactan airport

This estimate was last updated on 02 February 2019, 27 days ago.

Remember that these are only estimated fares. Actual fares vary depending on traffic, weather and other unforeseen conditions. Tolls are not shown. The information provided on this site is intended for guidance purposes only.

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 2

Dafey

Yellow cabs will usually run on a fixed rate 2-3 times what the white cabs do. These cabs are also in better shape, clean and maintained to a higher standard...usually. They are also ready to go as most choose the cheaper white cabs and these guys sit around longer waiting for a fare.

White cabs will run on the meter and pot luck as to whether AC is working and compartment is clean. At that time of the morning they should be lined up and ready to roll so no long wait.

• Like 2

Woolf

As  far as I know the yellow cabs are with meter, yes they cost a little more

but nothing like 2 - 3 times

if the driver will not use the meter, take another cab

• Like 4

Jawny

Are the taxis (white and yellow) queued in the same departure area?  

I expect to meet a traveler coming in from Manila ona PAL flight.  Not sure about the greeting process and where the taxis are set up.  My last trip to the airport was many years ago.

• Like 1

lamoe
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jawny said:

Are the taxis (white and yellow) queued in the same departure area?  

I expect to meet a traveler coming in from Manila ona PAL flight.  Not sure about the greeting process and where the taxis are set up.  My last trip to the airport was many years ago.

White to right of me, yellow to the left      with clear lane between them

as you walk to taxi staging area

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1

Woolf
16 minutes ago, Woolf said:

As  far as I know the yellow cabs are with meter, yes they cost a little more

but nothing like 2 - 3 times

if the driver will not use the meter, take another cab

ok

may close to double cost for the yellow cabs

liquido
Posted (edited)

White taxi flag down 40p

Yellow taxi flag down 70p with a faster running meter or is it a higher rate per kilometer

My rule of thumb is if there is a long line for the white I bite the bullet and take a Yellow..

But if your a senior just tell the attendant and you will be next in your own line for a white taxi..no need for senior card..

Edited by liquido
  • Like 2

Jester

Thanks for the quick responses.   I have not flown into CEB since the new terminal opened,   so imagine everything will be different. 

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

White cabs will run on the meter and pot luck as to whether AC is working

At 3am, AC is not a concern.  White taxis may try to push a fixed price but if you opt for the next taxi they will say meter's ok. If they are friendly and drive ok, I give them a tip and the total is usually as much as their fixed price anyway. 

• Like 2

Sealover

tuesday I arrive at Cebu airport, outside the terminal, there is a desk, 675 pesos to South bus terminal, I was tired and took it, but insane

• Like 2

Woolf
26 minutes ago, Jester said:

Thanks for the quick responses.   I have not flown into CEB since the new terminal opened,   so imagine everything will be different. 

Not that much different

get off the plane, go to immigration get entry stamp, go pickup your checked luggage, pass  customs, go out the building and take a taxi

• Like 3

Davaoeno
33 minutes ago, Sealover said:

tuesday I arrive at Cebu airport, outside the terminal, there is a desk, 675 pesos to South bus terminal, I was tired and took it, but insane

You hired a private vehicle and driver .   For less than $14  usd .    

• Like 1

Jawny

I intend to meet an arriving passenger.  I will be taking a taxi to the airport.  Is there a waiting  area at arrivals where I can join the traveler and then we can depart together?  

• Like 1

Woolf

the passenger is flying domestic ??

I do not know how domestic arrival looks now

here is international    arrival at the lower floor 

you see new  parking  to the left

image.png.8ef086059f3e3c3fcf0a3966525e7b1b.png

• Like 1