Kreole

PLDT has outdone SmartBro in Poor Service

Kreole

PLDT has outdone SmartBro in shitty service here on Siquijor island.  Going on a month now, there has been little to no internet signal here on the northern part of Siquijor island.  PLDT took over the SmartBro operation about 5 months ago and at first it was tolerable in comparison to the absolute shit service that SmartBro delivered over the past number of years.  However, just about a month ago, the signal went from erratic to totally down.  Myself and other customers have called the PLDT "hotline" many times and received absolutely NO assistance.  Their csr staff based in Manila have not a clue how to deal with the problem.  The same bullshit line,"we are sorry for any inconvenience" etc. etc.  They will not put you through to a manager so we are basically getting fuked.  There is some vague word about upgrading a tower in Dumaguete or southern Cebu island, but no official word from PLDT , since they have refused to even inform us about why we have no signal and when it will be brought back on line.  Globe does not service this portion of the island north of Larena, so I am in a quandary as to how to deal with this.

liquido
15 minutes ago, Kreole said:

"we are sorry for any inconvenience"

Is not that the standard customer service line most company's use here and is there anything else we cannot help you with?...haha

Jawny

Perhaps there is some improvements coming?  During the past years, there has been no changes to the lack of any internet, cabled television or landlines in our area of western Leyte. Unexpectedly a couple of weeks ago, crews have been hanging cable along the national highway.  We don’t get our hopes up, since about ten yeats ago a fiber optic cable was buried along the same highway and no connectivity was made except in the cities. 

Perhaps we’ll see some batches of sales crews from PLDT soon?

• Like 1

M.C.A.
3 hours ago, Kreole said:

PLDT has outdone SmartBro in shitty service here on Siquijor island.  Going on a month now, there has been little to no internet signal here on the northern part of Siquijor island.  PLDT took over the SmartBro operation about 5 months ago and at first it was tolerable in comparison to the absolute shit service that SmartBro delivered over the past number of years.  However, just about a month ago, the signal went from erratic to totally down.  Myself and other customers have called the PLDT "hotline" many times and received absolutely NO assistance.  Their csr staff based in Manila have not a clue how to deal with the problem.  The same bullshit line,"we are sorry for any inconvenience" etc. etc.  They will not put you through to a manager so we are basically getting fuked.  There is some vague word about upgrading a tower in Dumaguete or southern Cebu island, but no official word from PLDT , since they have refused to even inform us about why we have no signal and when it will be brought back on line.  Globe does not service this portion of the island north of Larena, so I am in a quandary as to how to deal with this.

I looked up Suquijor Island wow  you are out there and I was a little surprised PLDT had service in this area but if I'm not mistaken Smart Bro and PLDT are basically the same company I also have PLDT and if I do have an issue I will never call in I'd rather take a jeepney and travel 45 minutes to their office and notify them about my internet issues, calling to me is useless and like you mentioned these call centers are in Manila.

During the dry season, they don't have too many contract workers or they won't renew contracts and their offices are also way understaffed I had to wait over an hour just to report my internet issue this is what I noticed in my area of central Luzon but compared to what I had before which was Globe...  PLDT has been the best provider.

• Like 2

SkyMan

Had an issue with PLDT a while back and after 3 months of calling including several talks with a supervisor, chatting on the website and several visits to the office it finally got it fixed.  The most exasperating part is that the CS reps can't actually do anything, not even the slightest simple fix.  All they can do is send an email to some other office to get the problem fixed.  Those people can't be reached by any of the CS people, not even the supervisors and what is those people's motivation to even read any of those emails?  This means there are 2 (or more) layers where only one is needed.  And the people you talk to quite often have no clue what you are talking about so how is it they can relate that info to someone else?

• Like 3

Salty Dog
5 hours ago, Jawny said:

Perhaps there is some improvements coming?...

Always the optimist...:P

• Like 1

smokey
Posted (edited)

Well sometimes reality hits home. Its all a trade off want fast internet no out of stock you need to move to USA or Europe or Japan want cheap living nice eye candy ??pick what's important to you then act. I am in Arizona now have a Wal-Mart throw away phone some generic plan from Wal-Mart and pages load times 3 of my high speed fiber in cebu.   

Edited by smokey

shadow

Smart is a subdivision of PLDT, they compete only with themself and Globe, who sure isn't any better.

Whatever happened to that third Telco player we were supposed to get? Just more fluff?

• Like 2

Kreole
10 hours ago, shadow said:

Smart is a subdivision of PLDT, they compete only with themself and Globe, who sure isn't any better.

Whatever happened to that third Telco player we were supposed to get? Just more fluff?

I vaguely remember Duterte promising to get things moving................................

Soupeod

Pldt in W. Leyte

7B3FA7A8-8C1A-4804-B8FE-022B5CF6A758.png

to_dave007

My Globe landline in Tuburan has been..  for the most part.. great.. even if just 3 mbps speed.  And the repairs, when something goes wrong, have also been great..  normally next day repair.

BossHog
On 3/13/2019 at 4:18 PM, Kreole said:

The same bullshit line,"we are sorry for any inconvenience" etc. etc. 

The line they always give me when service goes down is ..."Continue to monitor your connection"

• Like 1

Soupeod
4 hours ago, BossHog said:

The line they always give me when service goes down is ..."Continue to monitor your connection"

Yea, I always try to get one of the installer/eng numbers and keep it.  Calling Globe was an endless process.

besides phone lines the Op could try the Pldt dish transmitter/receiver if available.

I got mine hooked up with some company in Baybay, they told me they have Facebook too.

So maybe try Facebook for help in your area.