smokey

Anyone know where to get help applying for VA service connected

smokey

Want to apply for connection for back not for money just connection for medical with the loss of the member who did that I don't know who can help deal with paperwork. Vfw ????

Salty Dog
23 minutes ago, smokey said:

Want to apply for connection for back not for money just connection for medical with the loss of the member who did that I don't know who can help deal with paperwork. Vfw ????

You didn't mention if you're talking about getting help in the Philippines or when you're back in the USA.

I'm pretty sure all the Veteran Organizations provide such service.

I don't know about other states, but I've heard Florida has a very good State Veterans Agency that helps with such things.

It seems to be hit and miss with people I know in the USA. I know a Vet who has no disability, service connected or otherwise, yet he gets all his health care free from the VA. I have another friend who has a service connected for less than 50%. He also gets full care from the VA. He recently had surgery at the VA Hospital that was worth over $100,000, yet it was unrelated to his disability.

• Like 1

Jester

Beware the helpful vet that says it is easy I can do it for you!    Every vet organization VFW, Amvets etc has resources for applying for disability's, also in the US most states and  many counties have offices.  There is usually liaison officers at mostVA clinics, hospitals that will help. 

I do not know what your status is but applying for a disability is the best option, even if they give you 0%.  You can seek care without being disabled but only service connected will be treated in the P's. 

Back when I was active I found  https://community.hadit.com/  helpful for info. 

• Like 2

M.C.A.

I used my county's VA office along with a copy of my DD-214 but if the member is in the Philippines I would think he would get help from the VA in Manila I do know that the application process is online.  https://www.va.gov/beta-enrollment/all-claims/  It's been a long time for me but after going through the counties VA office he set up an appointment with the VA clinic.

• Like 1

Jester

There was a VA service officer at the VFW  in Angeles,  he traveled around the P's, I believe I met him in Tacloban, that was several years ago.

You can give them a call, I am sure they would be glad to help.

https://vfwpost2485.org/home-welcome-page

• Like 2

smokey

My plan is to do this from cebu only looking for connection so can get medical in cebu looking to connect back have more then a few hard landings in uh1. Auto rotation does not always make for soft landing and wearing a chicken plate adds to the fun maybe I can apply on line 

Soupeod

Last year I was told there is a VSO - Veteran Service Officer in Angles. The VA guy who enrolled me for FMP has his name. Call the VA clinic. 

I would suggest you reach out to the VFW in Cebu for assistance.  They have tons of knowledge.

lokias
54 minutes ago, smokey said:

My plan is to do this from cebu only looking for connection so can get medical in cebu looking to connect back have more then a few hard landings in uh1. Auto rotation does not always make for soft landing and wearing a chicken plate adds to the fun maybe I can apply on line 

To my knowledge inside VFW in Angeles is the only DSO/VSO in the Philippines. The person I was assigned to left sometime after I moved to Cebu and I had to change my case officer from there to VA manila. I am not sure who currently runs the office but here is the old phone number 045-892-2407. Hope it helps and if you do find another VSO in Cebu area please post it here.   

• Thanks 1