HeyMike

Tips on Collecting Art

HeyMike

For those on LinC who want tips on collecting art.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

smokey

Smokey has a few pieces by Liz Cummings she paints an oil on commission then can make signed and numbered prints I have 5 of her prints so real looks like a picture I like them

• Like 1

Davaoeno

I have been buying William Yu for years now .   Manila artist 

• Like 1

the.lone.gunman

Tip #1.   They can call it art but they can’t make you buy it.

Tip#2.    If I could do it then it is not art.

• Like 2

lamoe
Posted (edited)

#3 - The value of art is in the eye of the critic

Modern ART - the I phone of the super rich.

$15,000,000.00 - the blank white canvas not the girl

image.thumb.png.5646a976d0e15ae94b827c94a1505732.png

Edited by lamoe
  • Thanks 1

HeyMike
8 hours ago, smokey said:

Smokey has a few pieces by Liz Cummings she paints an oil on commission then can make signed and numbered prints I have 5 of her prints so real looks like a picture I like them

I looked up images of her art. It is interesting because there are beautiful realistic paintings, and then there are bold abstract works by Liz Cummings. I wonder if both works are by the same artist.

HeyMike
7 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

I have been buying William Yu for years now .   Manila artist 

Yu's work is great in my opinion... It seems his work is reasonably priced, also. I say "seems" because some works are priced at $500 to $1000+ (US)... and then I see in his catalog prices in the hundred of thousands of pesos... like 60k to 450k. Whatever the price, I like his work.

• Thanks 1

Davaoeno

I'm in Cebu but I will post pics of some of Yu's art that i own when i get back to Davao

• Thanks 1

smokey
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, HeyMike said:

I looked up images of her art. It is interesting because there are beautiful realistic paintings, and then there are bold abstract works by Liz Cummings. I wonder if both works are by the same artist.

Yes she does Greece. Fishing boats.  Southern Calif beach very realistic her husband worked for me and she gave me the first one as a present. This was in 1985

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1

HeyMike
1 hour ago, smokey said:

Yes she does Greece. Fishing boats.  Southern Calif beach very realistic her husband worked for me and she gave me the first one as a present. This was in 1985

In the late 80s, early 90s I lived in Greece and painted much of the landscape on the Island I lived on (Paros). Had my best years (paint sales) while living there.