Body of 16-year-old girl whose face was skinned found in Lapu-Lapu City

RangerUp

smokey

Now not sure about rape and this style of killing happened before to an older man they will look for a connection

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RangerUp

• SkyMan

• Davaoeno

• TimL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So a young girl is brutally murdered ...and we here at Linc have a thread with 22 posts ...of which 10 posts are now deleted from view ...Get a grip gentlemen , and instead niggling away at each other

Some of the discussion is getting to be a bit ghoulish. Fair warning. If anyone posts postmortem photos. It will be their last post on LinC...

Posted Images

DeedleNuts
6 hours ago, liquido said:

At first I thought it was fake news but now I see it was for real...We all know about rape but the other despicable thing he did is just not comprehensible.Probably one of the more brutal crimes I have read about since I have been living here..I wish him the worst scenario he can receive...

I'm wondering if it could be feral dogs or similar vermin that did the face-skinning. In any case I hope the persons responsible get what they deserve and the family can have some measure of peace soon. 

softail

Police check relation of Lapu-Lapu, Danao killings

March 12, 2019

THE Philippine National Police Crime Laboratory is investigating any similarities in the killings of 16-year-old Christine Silawan and 60-year-old Trinidad Batucan.

Both Silawan and Batucan were killed and their faces skinned to the bone. 

Silawan was found dead in Barangay Bangkal, Lapu-Lapu City Monday, March 11. She was half naked.

Batucan, on the other hand, was found dead on January 11, 2019. Her skin on the face and chest was removed.

Three brothers, who are reportedly members of a cult, were identified as suspects in the killing.

The suspects were identified as brothers Junrey, Juvy and Jonas Bueno. The three were reportedly former members of the New People's Army operating in the mountain barangays of Carmen and Danao.

Junrey and Juvy were killed in a follow-up police operation on January 13.

Jonas is still at large and is reportedly hiding in the mountains of Danao and Carmen.

Danao City Director Maribel Getigan cannot ascertain yet if Batucan's death is related to Silawan's murder.

Getigan said the Bueno brothers have a pending warrant of arrest for murder.

She said that according to residents in Danao, the brothers are doing a ritual and are keeping some kind of a charm inside a small container that is tied to their bodies. (AYB)

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1796502/Cebu/Local-News/Police-check-relation-of-Christine-Silawan-Trinidad-Batucans-killings

• Thanks 1
Davaoeno

Before making a judgment I would like to find out what some facts are:

1. Was she actually raped?

2. If she was raped did the same person kill her? Or did someone else come alone and kill her?

3. Was she disfigured by a person or an animal?

From what I have read the evidence so far is inconclusive. I would like to know more before I join  the villagers with pitchforks screaming " off with his head" .

Btw- I advocate the death penalty a lot of the time for murders and rapes

HELTER SKELTER

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
papimafioso69

If anyone here watches The Walking Dead . The story line this year is a group walking with the zombies wearing a mask made of skin . I really hope this is not a copy cat cult .

• Like 1
Rocketman

Just read a FB post by Sunstar with more graphic details of what was done to the girl.  Totally unnecessary and disgusting - almost as if the media and many on social media are enjoying the story.  I can't imagine what the family is going through and all of this makes it so much worse.

I read an updated story this morning on Philippines Lifestyle News that said that they are unsure if the skin was cut with a knife or acid burns. 

Also, a 100,000 ph reward has been offered for the three offenders.

http://philippineslifestyle.com/lapu-lapu-schoolgirl-murder-reward/

There are some pretty deranged people in this world.  :angry:

SkyMan

Sounds like 2 of their 3 suspects were killed in January? 

Dogs may have assisted in the mutilation but I doubt they started it in only a few hours. 

RangerUp

Donna (not her real name) held the key to solving the crime...Donna told them she was on her way home around 2 a.m. when she saw Christine running away from three men who were on a black motorcycle. One of them grabbed the girl’s sling bag until she fell on the ground.  Donna told police she hid behind a mound and watched while one man covered the girl’s mouth, while the other stabbed her in the neck several times.  They pulled down her lower garments and raped her. They later skinned her face.

Unreliable eyewitness?  No mention anywhere of 'Donna' contacting the police at 2 am.

She was found naked from the waist down, but was not raped according to the findings of a local crime laboratory. - https://www.philstar.com/nation/2019/03/13/1900925/reward-arrest-cebu-teen-slay-suspect

• Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Donna (not her real name) held the key to solving the crime...Donna told them she was on her way home around 2 a.m. when she saw Christine running away from three men who were on a black motorcycle. One of them grabbed the girl’s sling bag until she fell on the ground.  Donna told police she hid behind a mound and watched while one man covered the girl’s mouth, while the other stabbed her in the neck several times.  They pulled down her lower garments and raped her. They later skinned her face.

@RangerUpWhere does this quote come from?

RangerUp
27 minutes ago, TimL said:

I read an updated story this morning on Philippines Lifestyle News that said that they are unsure if the skin was cut with a knife or acid burns

Not acid "Lara also discounted the possibility that acid was poured on Silawan’s face because if it were so, her eyeballs and eyelids would have been burnt. They were intact."   https://ph.news.yahoo.com/malaca-ang-orders-speedy-probe-175400702.html

1 minute ago, Salty Dog said:

Where does this quote come from?

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1796451

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

Not acid "Lara also discounted the possibility that acid was poured on Silawan’s face because if it were so, her eyeballs and eyelids would have been burnt. They were intact."   https://ph.news.yahoo.com/malaca-ang-orders-speedy-probe-175400702.html

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1796451

Thanks for that Ranger. Glad to see that the reward has been bumped considerably. 600,000 should get folks talking. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Some of the discussion is getting to be a bit ghoulish.

Fair warning. If anyone posts postmortem photos. It will be their last post on LinC...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
DeedleNuts

I can't help but notice in a lot of the crime scene photos this girl is lying there uncovered with what looks like 100s of looky loos peering at her mostly naked body. Doesn't seem a very dignified way to treat a deceased citizen to me. Obviously the victim doesn't care but she has family and others who do, some minimal measures to preserve some dignity wouldn't be tough to implement. 

• Like 6