Soupeod

In fact when you go to the US consul he will personaly tell you do not listen to anyone, You only need this document. 

shadow
4 hours ago, Soupeod said:

I did not get or was required to get a cenomar.

Negative. 😊

There are still a few municipals that are not yet enforcing this, but not many.

• Thanks 1

SkyMan
5 hours ago, Soupeod said:

In fact when you go to the US consul he will personaly tell you do not listen to anyone, You only need this document. 

The US Consul advised you on what is required by Philippine law??   

Well, if the municipality says you need a CENOMAR and you say the Consul says you don't need that. Good luck with that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Soupeod
7 hours ago, SkyMan said:

The US Consul advised you on what is required by Philippine law??   

Well, if the municipality says you need a CENOMAR and you say the Consul says you don't need that. Good luck with that. 

I stated exactly what he said.

I didn’t need luck, when the Gov worker at the marriage license office pulled out his checklist, it looked like a checklists for Filipinos.

I asked him politely and he said yes you Do Not need a cenomar or a divorce decree, only the affidavit.

Also I believe what everyone has stated... the process might be different at your location.

Salty Dog

Okay! We all know that things can work different depending on the location, the person you talk to, hell even the time of the year or day. You just never know what to expect. Hell I've even heard of some offices not accepting a PSA document if it didn't still have the damn receipt attached to it.

Regardless, lets try not to dwell on the exceptions. Let's try to give the OP an answer he can be sure won't have him showing up without some documentation they want.

Since the Filipina has to get a CENOMAR anyway. Why not just go ahead and order one for you at the same time? It's only a few hundred peso and it just might save you some headaches later down the road.

I found this on a government website. 

http://manila.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/MARRIAGE-LICENSE-REQUIREMENTS-NEW.pdf

4. Foreigner or Former Filipino Citizen but is now Naturalized Citizen of other country
    4.1 Legal Capacity to marry to be issued by their Respective Embassy here in the Phil.
    4.2 Passport – Original & Xerox
    4.3 Latest Certificate of NO MARRIAGE (CENOMAR) issued by PSA

• Thanks 2

shadow
27 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Okay! We all know that things can work different depending on the location, the person you talk to, hell even the time of the year or day. You just never know what to expect. Hell I've even heard of some offices not accepting a PSA document if it didn't still have the damn receipt attached to it.

Regardless, lets try not to dwell on the exceptions. Let's try to give the OP an answer he can be sure won't have him showing up without some documentation they want.

Since the Filipina has to get a CENOMAR anyway. Why not just go ahead and order one for you at the same time? It's only a few hundred peso and it just might save you some headaches later down the road.

I found this on a government website. 

http://manila.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/MARRIAGE-LICENSE-REQUIREMENTS-NEW.pdf

Well, he said she said it was not required, so who cares what a government website says!

• Haha 1

Davaoeno
35 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Why not just go ahead and order one for you at the same time? 

but, but, but if they dont ask for it you wasted 200 pesos !!!    And that would be a real travesty !! 

• Haha 1

shadow

5 pages of debate about whether or not he needs a CENOMAR, when the OP had already decided in the third post that he was going to fiance visa route, hence, it is all irrelevant, so there was no need for all this drivel.

• Like 3