Sign in to follow this  
Jester

Overnight boat Cebu to Naval question

Jester

I see the Roble is running still or again, not sure which.  This would work out for us this trip, can go to a hotel in the AM and take the overnight at 7:30 or 8:30 pm, not sure which time is correct, depends on which website I look at.

Also seems like it might be one of 2 ships but no clarification on that.

Then there are the fares from economy to VIP.  But VIP and cabin are not available on one of the two ships plying the route.

The show Cabin at 1,050p    senior  750p

Business class at 905p   senior 645p

VIP at 2,030p    Senior 1,450p

But no indication of what the difference in price entails?    I suspect Cabin is a room full of double bunk type cubicles but only a guess.   Anyone know the differences or where to find the info.

• Like 1

badian

I take it is still weekly (you have not said).  

glad to see this one is still running. I was disappointed when they got rid of the old twice-weekly Cebu-Bacolod ferry. Although I never used it it was always in the back of my mind that it could be of utility one day.

prices are excellent. Even business class is only about 300 pesos more than the total cost of the cheapest ferry-and-bus combo from Cebu via Ormoc. I would expect a pretty low-grade ferry with business class being aircon and a bit better appointed than the lowest class but still fairly crowded share accommodation. 

where these kinds of ferries come in especially useful is when you have a motorbike and especially when the weather is  a bit wet as they eliminate a long drive that might be a bit of a hassle. Once I was at the wharf in Naval and asking around about how much a motor and driver to Cebu cost, but nobody could give me a straight answer. 

• Like 1

Jester
Posted (edited)

https://www.robleshipping.com/our-fleet/

I would not call this low grade,   but am a little skeptical of P's websites.  I would hazzard a guess this is the VIP?

VIP room.PNG

Edited by Jester
  • Like 4

Dafey

Certainly not tourist!

• Haha 1

badian

most Leyte ferries seem pretty low-tech as vessels although I suppose one that goes to Cebu might be a bit better than normal. There's the ones that serve Ormoc that are not bad but then there's North Danao-Isabel, Bato-Ubay I've done a few times, they are just low-grade boats going between two nothing towns. They don't have to be any good. 

hyaku
23 hours ago, Jester said:

I see the Roble is running still or again, not sure which.  This would work out for us this trip, can go to a hotel in the AM and take the overnight at 7:30 or 8:30 pm, not sure which time is correct, depends on which website I look at.

Also seems like it might be one of 2 ships but no clarification on that.

Then there are the fares from economy to VIP.  But VIP and cabin are not available on one of the two ships plying the route.

The show Cabin at 1,050p    senior  750p

Business class at 905p   senior 645p

VIP at 2,030p    Senior 1,450p

But no indication of what the difference in price entails?    I suspect Cabin is a room full of double bunk type cubicles but only a guess.   Anyone know the differences or where to find the info.

My local boat!

VIP is a shared room with 6 bunk beds. Business is an interior A.C. cabin. Cabin is the open deck with sheets pulled down if the weather is rough. My favorite place is top deck near the bow. A few bevys and I can sleep and relax with a nice cool breeze.

If you go VIP I suggest you keep bags with food off the deck. The rats are as big as small cats. 

The timing is excellent. Board evening. Alight early next morning. 

This is the sky to see here tonight.

53357782_10162059536630131_4885895555445686272_o.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

hyaku
20 hours ago, badian said:

I take it is still weekly (you have not said).  

glad to see this one is still running. I was disappointed when they got rid of the old twice-weekly Cebu-Bacolod ferry. Although I never used it it was always in the back of my mind that it could be of utility one day.

prices are excellent. Even business class is only about 300 pesos more than the total cost of the cheapest ferry-and-bus combo from Cebu via Ormoc. I would expect a pretty low-grade ferry with business class being aircon and a bit better appointed than the lowest class but still fairly crowded share accommodation. 

where these kinds of ferries come in especially useful is when you have a motorbike and especially when the weather is  a bit wet as they eliminate a long drive that might be a bit of a hassle. Once I was at the wharf in Naval and asking around about how much a motor and driver to Cebu cost, but nobody could give me a straight answer. 

After an international trip I board Supercat, Weesam or Ocean Jet at Pier 1 Cebu early morning. I have driver in Ormoc that drives me to past Naval another 15km to the my gate for P1500.

Jester
21 hours ago, hyaku said:

After an international trip I board Supercat, Weesam or Ocean Jet at Pier 1 Cebu early morning. I have driver in Ormoc that drives me to past Naval another 15km to the my gate for P1500.

Thanks for the response, greatly appreciated.  

Without delays we arrive CEB 2:55 AM and likely would not make the 5:30 boat, so thinking going to hotel.  I am usually frazzeled by the time I get there,  so hotel then sleeping on a boat overnight seems like the way to go. Better than the Kamikazi Kab ride to Busali anyway. 

I was hoping for a small private cabin like the old C??????? Princess use to have. 

Sharing a cabin with 6 people is 2030 P ??   Seems rather expensive.

hyaku
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Jester said:

Thanks for the response, greatly appreciated.  

Without delays we arrive CEB 2:55 AM and likely would not make the 5:30 boat, so thinking going to hotel.  I am usually frazzeled by the time I get there,  so hotel then sleeping on a boat overnight seems like the way to go. Better than the Kamikazi Kab ride to Busali anyway. 

I was hoping for a small private cabin like the old C??????? Princess use to have. 

Sharing a cabin with 6 people is 2030 P ??   Seems rather expensive.

Might be ok. They stopped running for a while then came  back with a different boat. I will ask a friend who uses it a lot.

Maybe we can grab that coffee together this time:good: 

6021393550_c1dab69e57_z.jpg

Edited by hyaku

Jester
16 hours ago, hyaku said:

Might be ok. They stopped running for a while then came  back with a different boat. I will ask a friend who uses it a lot.

Maybe we can grab that coffee together this time:good: 

6021393550_c1dab69e57_z.jpg

I will be there 2 months this time so should be able to hook up, I get bored and head into town most everyday or spend time in Cebu.    Would appreciate any info on the overnighter.