Sign in to follow this  
Semper paratus

Anti-Rabies Act - RA 9482

Semper paratus

Just a friendly reminder. 

By the way, has anyone ever seen a dog catcher here ? You know the legal ones, not those supplying certain restaurants.

http://www.chanrobles.com/republicacts/republicactno9482.html#.XIInrlQzaM_

Headshot
3 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

Just a friendly reminder. 

By the way, has anyone ever seen a dog catcher here ? You know the legal ones, not those supplying certain restaurants.

http://www.chanrobles.com/republicacts/republicactno9482.html#.XIInrlQzaM_

Yes, Mandaue has dog catchers,and I have seen them when they came to our neighborhood. We have several dogs on our street that are allowed to roam by their owners, and the dog catchers went around to check ownership and take any dogs that were unclaimed. Our dogs never leave our yard, so they didn't come to our house. They were only interested in the apparent strays. Personally, I wish they would come back and catch some more of the dogs that aren't being taken care of properly.

• Like 1

to_dave007
Posted (edited)

Saw municipal dog catcher vehicle Just once in Toledo (at least I THINK it was Toledo).  There was cages in back..  with dog in one.  Was several years ago.

Out here in province the dogs must contend with faster traffic..  Dead dogs on highway seen multiple times every day. No way you can brake or swerve to avoid them all without putting people at risk.

Edited by to_dave007

Dafey
5 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

Dead dogs on highway seen multiple times every day. No way you can brake or swerve to avoid them

Darwinism in action...

shadow
11 hours ago, Headshot said:

Personally, I wish they would come back and catch some more of the dogs that aren't being taken care of properly.

Personally, I wish they would come around and catch some of the owners that are not taking care of their dogs properly!

Maybe tie them on a three foot chain in the sun with no shelter or water.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

oztony
6 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

Saw municipal dog catcher vehicle Just once in Toledo (at least I THINK it was Toledo).  There was cages in back..  with dog in one.  Was several years ago.

Out here in province the dogs must contend with faster traffic..  Dead dogs on highway seen multiple times every day. No way you can brake or swerve to avoid them all without putting people at risk.

The worst place from my experience with dogs on the road is the West coast of Cebu....

• Like 1

RangerUp
2 hours ago, Dafey said:

Darwinism in action...

Darwinism actually does explain why the strays of SE Asia are non-aggressive and relatively adept at navigating traffic.

• Like 2

Headshot
1 hour ago, shadow said:

Personally, I wish they would come around and catch some of the owners that are not taking care of their dogs properly!

Maybe tie them on a three foot chain in the sun with no shelter or water.

Agreed.

• Like 1

Semper paratus

Our sub and the surrounding area is so bad with loose dogs that most people are afraid to walk at all. One poor older lady in our sub was shuffling around harmless and as friendly as can be was bitten for no reason. The poor ole gal took the shots. Next to nothing is enforced in Dumaguete. And we also have those that leave the dog(s) all day with no water. And the dogs bark like crazy because that is the only exercise they get. Shameful. 

• Like 2

SkyMan

Took my dog down to the Municipyo for a rabies shot today.  People scattered as we walked there.  6 staff in the office and nobody else.  5 minutes in and out.  No excuse for not getting the dog vaccinated.