HTM

2 American Fugitives Arrested in Philippines

HTM

MANILA – Two Americans wanted by US federal authorities on assault and battery chargers were arrested in separate incidents in Baguio and Mandaluyong City, the Bureau of Immigration said.

The suspects, Apollo Cioffi and William Schweizer face deportation after they were captured by elements of the bureau’s Fugitive Search Unit, BI Commissioner Jaime Morente said.

Cioffi, 46, was arrested on March 1 inside a mall in Baguio City. He is wanted by authorities in California for assault. A superior court in San Francisco reportedly issued a warrant for his arrest.

Schweizer, 32, was nabbed inside his unit at the Tivoli Garden Residences in Mandaluyong on March 5. He is the subject of an arrest warrant issued by a circuit court in Broward County, Florida after he was charged with felony battery by strangulation.

Both fugitives are overstaying and undocumented aliens as their passports were already revoked by the US State Department, said BI-FSU Chief Bobby Raquepo said

Cioffi had been in hiding in the country since March 10 last year while Schweizer has been in the Philippines since July 2015.

20190307-american.jpg

• Haha 1

to_dave007

Bye bye !!

• Like 1

SkyMan
17 hours ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

shoulda at least tried wearing a disguise.   the two of them wearing identical orange t-shirts was a dead giveaway :biggrin_01:

Don't tell them.  Maybe the pulis can just go round up everyone wearing those shirts. 

• Haha 1

shadow
8 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Don't tell them.  Maybe the pulis can just go round up everyone wearing those shirts. 

Methinks it's nigh about time I stopped wearing my orange shirt!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

badian

I actually deliberately wear orange shirts. I have gone into t-shirt concession places in markets in the province and asked them, to save me the time of looking around, 'do you have any orange shirts?'

sometimes they act a bit surprised and ask why do you want an orange shirt. I say it's visibility. It's the best color for people being able to see you on a motorbike. 

if they don't have an orange one, I get a yellow one. 

Sealover
On 3/8/2019 at 11:27 AM, shadow said:

Methinks it's nigh about time I stopped wearing my orange shirt!

Not before you get released 

• Haha 2

shadow
1 hour ago, Sealover said:

Not before you get released 

I would not be getting released, I would die there. Literally.