Vegemite in Cebu

On 1/25/2019 at 8:27 PM, cookie47 said:

If anyone can guarantee a place to purchase Vegemite in Cebu it would be most appreciated. I thought I saw it mentioned in an old thread.

We don't have a car thus i would like a definitive answer before committing to a Grab/Taxi. Thanks...

metro ayala /rustans ayala

• Like 1
On 1/25/2019 at 8:27 PM, cookie47 said:

If anyone can guarantee a place to purchase Vegemite in Cebu it would be most appreciated. I thought I saw it mentioned in an old thread.

We don't have a car thus i would like a definitive answer before committing to a Grab/Taxi. Thanks...

Try Metro they did have some in stock a few months ago. 

• Like 1

Don't try Rustans at Banawa. I was there 2 hours ago - I looked for Vegemite (they even have an Aussie sale on now) - but no -

Just some Marmite. Someone had one upside down - perhaps hoping to convert it :lol:

It was a SM Seaside last time I was there - but that was about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

image.png

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
cookie47

A big thanks for those that posted some time ago on the availability of Vegemite.

Got some at Ayala Metro. Yum.

One jar left....

b5566ca1e03d577c55f83a83fe850f16.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I haven't seen any lately at Rustans or Metro - I look most times so I can stock up. Am down to my last big jar and one of those weird toothpaste tube types.    I wonder if I could fool local kids that it is charcoal toothpaste that seems to be all the rage now ? :lol:

• Like 1
cookie47
I haven't seen any lately at Rustans or Metro - I look most times so I can stock up. Am down to my last big jar and one of those weird toothpaste tube types.    I wonder if I could fool local kids that it is charcoal toothpaste that seems to be all the rage now ?
Well there is definitely one jar (220)grams left as of 3.0pm yesterday at Metro.
Very bottom shelf, and would you believe my wife found it. And yes as a Pilipina she eats it for breakfast like me, haha...

• Like 1
BossHog
16 hours ago, GBT62 said:

those weird toothpaste tube types

Absolutely love the stuff and I'm a Yank. It's kind of addictive. I get my Aussie buds to bring it in for me. They work six weeks on and six weeks off. Always have plenty of extra luggage room. The plastic tubes cut down on the weight and the product is the same.

My missus and the kids won't touch the stuff, which just means more for me, lol.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, BossHog said:

Absolutely love the stuff and I'm a Yank. It's kind of addictive. I get my Aussie buds to bring it in for me. They work six weeks on and six weeks off. Always have plenty of extra luggage room. The plastic tubes cut down on the weight and the product is the same.

My missus and the kids won't touch the stuff, which just means more for me, lol.

Your weird! LOL.

• Like 1

it's versatile stuff...

Vegemite with butter on thick-cut sour dough - slice of swiss cheese then grilled   :thumbsup:  (not bad with avocado either - or with cheeseWiz instead of butter)

A teaspoon added to a beef casserole :thumbsup:

Emergency axle grease :scratch_head:

Have fun on Youtube with "American/Filipino/whereever kids try Vegemite"    - yep, plenty doing that too...

• Like 1

Tried to leave Australia with a large jar in my carry on,  nope,  they (customs) took it off me..  :-(

• Like 1
liquido

Always curious what it taste like?Dont make to much of a joke about it..I actually like Limburger cheese,durian...etc..which most people find offensive..

mikewright
26 minutes ago, Denis said:

The Vegemite Brand is owned by Kraft. 

It used to be, but it's now back in Oz after Bega Cheese bought it in 2017.

It still tastes just as good :).

• Like 4
cookie47
it's versatile stuff...
Vegemite with butter on thick-cut sour dough - slice of swiss cheese then grilled     (not bad with avocado either - or with cheeseWiz instead of butter)
A teaspoon added to a beef casserole
Emergency axle grease :scratch_head:
Have fun on Youtube with "American/Filipino/whereever kids try Vegemite"    - yep, plenty doing that too...
Nice with cheese and crackers.
However its always nice to carry as one can always repack ya front wheel bearings...

• Haha 1
cookie47
It used to be, but it's now back in Oz after Bega Cheese bought it in 2017.
It still tastes just as good .
Interesting to note that on the label of this jar it has :Vegemite and device is a trademark of MONDELEZ Australia foods. But gives the correct address as Port Melbourne, Victoria Australia..
Now i know Kraft was bought out but knowing Melbourne as i do I've never heard of MONDELEZ.
Also the use by date is only 6 weeks which is somewhat low.

Anyway you could always tell when KRAFT had Vegemite on the production line, The smell would waft across the freeway. Ahhhh.

• Like 1
cookie47
Tried to leave Australia with a large jar in my carry on,  nope,  they (customs) took it off me..  :-(
Interesting,,,
I wonder if it was because it exceeded the "liquid and gels rule" or for another reason. Glass in hand carry??.
Anyway this is good to know.