brand new
23 hours ago, Woolf said:

What was your  visa status then ? and what is it now ?

Sadly I don't know what is was then but I had the work permit. Now I am either tourist on a 30 day visa or balikbayan. I am heading towards retiring there and have bought a condo but really need a bank account.

When I am there in April intend voluntarily register for an acr card.

Another question if I may what banks do you suggest if I have a largish balance?

Woolf
21 minutes ago, brand new said:

When I am there in April intend voluntarily register for an acr card.

You know that only Main immigration office in manila can issue voluntary ACR-I card

I use BPI, pretty happy with it, most things can be done online

SkyMan
5 hours ago, brand new said:

Another question if I may what banks do you suggest if I have a largish balance?

I second the recommendation for BPI.  They do actual branch banking.  Most convenient I've found.  As for large balance the insured balance is p500K for any bank.

Roadhawg

I go for my extension on the last day of the month and it will be my 58th day,  Do I need to wait an extra day or can  I still get an ACR card?

SkyMan

You can go tomorrow if you want.  The ACR-I card isn't a same day process.

• Thanks 1

SkyMan

Also, if you want a 6 month extension, you're probably better off going to Mactan than JMall.

• Thanks 1

savarity

Jcentre gets very busy, but I've always received my 6 month extensions there without trouble. I guess the place on Mactan would be faster though.

If u go to jcentre, best to get there early. It opens before the mall does. So the guards won't let you in the front mall entrance, but the service entrance in the car park they will allow you to go in. By noon, and into the afternoon, the line can be out the door with people sitting everywhere. Really best to be early.

It takes about 2 weeks to even 60 days to receive the icard.

• Thanks 1

Cebuandrew

So, new question. Going to JMall in morning for my 6-month extension. Sure, as Skyman says, Mactan is lightspeeds faster. But, gots to pick up my ACR card, which was processed at JMall. Lol...it's more fun in da Phils. So, before, for years, I'd go there and submit papers. Wait 15-minutes and get called to pick-up papers, passport and receipt...take that over to cashier and pay. Then 1-1/2 hours to get name called for picking up passport with new sticker. It was during that 2nd stage, I'd go get a haircut, do shopping downstairs, have a smoke, etc. Come back and they calling my name and I'm done. 

But last time, it was reversed. Put in papers, and waited 1 1/2 hours for name called for cashier. Then, in my confusion of what the hell was up. I simply stayed there. 15 minutes later, name called and it was completed.

Was this an anomoly? Anyone can tell me this is the new norm?

savarity

I don't know about norms, but recalling my last time to get a 6 month extension (December), it was about 40ish minutes waiting to hear my name called to pay the cashier and maybe 20 mins after that to pick up the passport (no stickers at the time).

SkyMan
21 hours ago, Cebuandrew said:

But last time, it was reversed. Put in papers, and waited 1 1/2 hours for name called for cashier. Then, in my confusion of what the hell was up. I simply stayed there. 15 minutes later, name called and it was completed.

Was this an anomoly? Anyone can tell me this is the new norm?

I'd go put in the papers and then go do something for 15-20 minutes, come back and see if you've been called, if not, repeat.

Davaoeno
On 4/14/2019 at 11:16 PM, Cebuandrew said:

Was this an anomoly?

definitely not ! 

Cebuandrew
2 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

definitely not ! 

Thanks all. Been a wild 12 weeks of a broken leg in da Phils. Good feedback in this post though. I took one member's suggestion and used Funtastic, at Raintree mall to process it in February. Very professional and so easy. They did a 60-day extension and ACR application door-to-door. Godsend for my situation at the time. Yesterday was a new story. Went to JMall immigration at 10:00. Still in an airboot and walking cane, so I get fastracked as disabled. 20 minutes. Visa done. Den go to get ACR card and 25-minutes later, they no find it. Turned out Funtastic took it. What? Why? Yep, being bled. Now, I got my ACR card with Funtastic Agent beating sand. I pay much already for dis service, and they want to bleed me. Anyways, all is done, and back to Bantayan for Holy Week, which is nuts here. 

• Like 1