Woolf
17 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

You can check Woolf's link but I think the only difference between 1 and 2 months is p500 for the second month. The 6 month extension is the same cost as if you paid 3X2 month extensions.  The savings is that you save 2 trips to the BI. Be advised that if you leave the country and come back you start over. So don't get the 6 months if considering a trip soon.

Not all 2 months extensions cost the same

Not all 6 months extensions cost the same

That is why I always link to the immigration web-page

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

Not all 2 months extensions cost the same

Not all 6 months extensions cost the same

That is why I always link to the immigration web-page

I never said they were. if you add up what you would pay for the next 3 2 month extensions,  that is what you would pay for a 6 month extension. 

Woolf
2 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I never said they were. if you add up what you would pay for the next 3 2 month extensions,  that is what you would pay for a 6 month extension. 

if you are at the 59 point with no valid ACR-I card

first 2 month extension   4900  +ACR-I 2600  7500 php

two  2 month extensions 2930 each                5800 php

total                                                                     13360 php

6 month extension       including  ACR-I         11500 php

can change a little  as ACR-I is 50 usd, so depends on exchange rate on the day

SkyMan

So there is a bit more savings than just the 2 trips.

brand new

Hi I am about as new to the forum as possible.

Back in about 2007 I was employed at Clark and received an ACR which I never renewed as left the country.

Fast forward to 2019 and I am married to a filipina and need an ACR. Am I likely to have trouble because I had one before?

Peter

Woolf
6 hours ago, brand new said:

Back in about 2007 I was employed at Clark and received an ACR which I never renewed as left the country.

Fast forward to 2019 and I am married to a filipina and need an ACR. Am I likely to have trouble because I had one before?

Peter

What was your  visa status then ? and what is it now ?

SkyMan

Peter

Was that back when ACR cards didn't have an expiration date on them?  They still expired but just no date on it.  I doubt they would know you had one before if you don't tell them.  I don't think they'd care anyway.

lamoe
Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2019 at 6:14 PM, SkyMan said:

You can check Woolf's link but I think the only difference between 1 and 2 months is p500 for the second month. The 6 month extension is the same cost as if you paid 3X2 month extensions.  The savings is that you save 2 trips to the BI. Be advised that if you leave the country and come back you start over. So don't get the 6 months if considering a trip soon.

Yep - mine is up in June - plan Sept trip  - will get a 3

Have driver's license so no need for a double 6

Edited by lamoe

SkyMan
1 minute ago, lamoe said:

Yep - mine is up in June - plan Sept trip  - will get a 3

3 months?  I'm not sure if that's an option but let us know how it goes.  I suspect they will only let you get 2 and tell you to come back for the 1, 

lamoe
Just now, SkyMan said:

3 months?  I'm not sure if that's an option but let us know how it goes.  I suspect they will only let you get 2 and tell you to come back for the 1, 

Probably right - like my double 6 - 2 one day - 1 the next

Woolf
Posted (edited)

Remember to get the ECC

Edited by Woolf

Jawny

Peter

Only guessing, but I don’t see how it would be any problem.  I've understood the card just a way of identifying you and your visa status.....aside from the obvious income generating.  If you plan to get a 13a visa, for example, the new ACR card will indicate that status.  

lamoe
1 minute ago, Woolf said:

??????

will get a 3 what ??

Was replying to Skyman's post about not getting a 6 month visa if leaving reasonably sooner than expiration date.

Woolf
8 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Was replying to Skyman's post about not getting a 6 month visa if leaving reasonably sooner than expiration date.

oooh sorry you saw my post before I corrected it

• Like 2

lamoe
1 minute ago, Woolf said:

oooh sorry you saw my post before I corrected it

Not like I haven't done that at least once myself :ROFLMAO: