Cebuandrew

Yet another ACR question. Years ago, got one issued to me, and then paid my annual reissuance fee. Went back to U.S, for 7 months, came back here and did my initial visas. I assumed at my 59-day point, that I would apply for and get a new card. I still have my old one. BOI receipt charge me for "reissuance of ACR" fee a week ago. I want to get a bank account finally, and bank say they need my card. My question is do I continue to use my old one, or do I expect to go back to Jmall a week after visa extension to pick up a new one? I have no idea. Thanks

Woolf
Posted (edited)

I guess that your old car has expired

at the 59 day you ask for a 1, 2 or 6 months extension

you do not have to apply for the ACR-I card, they will issue you one   it is 50 usd + express lane fee 500 php

they will tell you to come back in a month to pick it up

the tourist ACR-I is valid for 1 year

Edited by Woolf
  • Thanks 1

Cebuandrew
20 minutes ago, Woolf said:

I guess that your old car has expired

at the 59 day you ask for a 1, 2 or 6 months extension

you do not have to apply for the ACR-I card, they will issue you one   it is 50 usd + express lane fee 500 php

they will tell you to come back in a month to pick it up

the tourist ACR-I is valid for 1 year

Thanks. Yes, at my 59-day, I got 2 month extension. In my prior 3-4 years, they never reissued a "new" ACR card to me. Just billed me annualy for it. I do not see an expiration date on that card. My question is at what point do they reissue a new physical card?

Woolf

What color is your old card ??    were you 13a then or tourist

the expire date is on the back

how much did they charge you each year ??

if you do not already have a valid card they should issue one at the 59 day point, check your receipt

Cebuandrew

Okay, I get confused on immigration rules. Card is light brown, and on back, sorry, I do see it expired in 2016.  Seems like once a year, went in for extension, fees seemed higher, I asked and they said it was for ACR renewal. Don't remember exact costs then. Didn't really care, as immigration always seemed to change, and I just rolled with it all. I wonder now if I was supposed to go back then to pick up new card? Never really cared, as long as my passport was current for tourist visa stay.

So, on 22nd of February, got my 2-month extension from my new 59-days here. Receipt says a fee for "ACR renewal." My question is when would I expect to go back to pick up a new card?

Woolf
5 minutes ago, Cebuandrew said:

Receipt says a fee for "ACR renewal.

how much was the ACR renewal fee ?

normally they will tell you to come pick up the ACR-I  card after a month

the new tourist ACR-I card are mostly white, the old cards were mostly yellow

there are now different colors for different types of visa

Cebuandrew

Sorry Woolf, I still have broken leg, and hopping around to find stuff to answer your questions. I appreciate your help. I can see that my old ACR card is light brown to me, but can be seen as a dark yellow to others. Having hard time reading the receipt. small print and I need glasses...lol...getting old. I see a p250 reissuance fee and a p2,620 or p2,820 "card fee." I just cannot make out that one digit.

Woolf

1 usd  is close to 50 php   so you paid for the acr-i card

you can pick it up in about a month from the day the receipt was issued

• Thanks 1

Cebuandrew

Then my question is answered. Great forum. Big help. Good people. 

• Like 1

SkyMan
7 hours ago, Cebuandrew said:

Sorry Woolf, I still have broken leg, and hopping around to find stuff to answer your questions. I appreciate your help. I can see that my old ACR card is light brown to me, but can be seen as a dark yellow to others. Having hard time reading the receipt. small print and I need glasses...lol...getting old. I see a p250 reissuance fee and a p2,620 or p2,820 "card fee." I just cannot make out that one digit.

I have a flashlight/ magnifying glass android app you might find helpful. 

Goetz1965

You are a VIRGIN here after a VISA RUN !
That way you need the grace period before you get a NEW ACR Card - and all your older VISAS and proof you were here are invalid as source of "how long you stayed already"

Woolf
3 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

You are a VIRGIN here after a VISA RUN !
That way you need the grace period before you get a NEW ACR Card - and all your older VISAS and proof you were here are invalid as source of "how long you stayed already"

Well  hmm, "You are a VIRGIN here after a VISA RUN !" not correct

The tourist ACR-I card is valid for 1 year no matter how many times you leave and come back within that year

one of the fees is a bit lower if you been in PH before

You do the ARP only once no matter how many times you leave and come back

jimmyzr1

I’m just curious, how much are the fees for the 1 month, 2 month, and 6 month extensions? Tomorrow, I have to go to Manila to extend. It will be for my 59 day point. Also, I guess the acr-I card I will need as well. Which is the best to go for, the 1, 2 or 6 month? My girlfriend and I will be in Cebu, (Lapu-Lapu) on the 15th of April to try to find a house to rent. Thanks 

Woolf
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, jimmyzr1 said:

I’m just curious, how much are the fees for the 1 month, 2 month, and 6 month extensions? Tomorrow, I have to go to Manila to extend. It will be for my 59 day point. Also, I guess the acr-I card I will need as well. Which is the best to go for, the 1, 2 or 6 month? My girlfriend and I will be in Cebu, (Lapu-Lapu) on the 15th of April to try to find a house to rent. Thanks 

There is very little difference between 1 and 2 month extension 

Check here for what you can expect to pay   1 and 2 month,  find fees under adult

http://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/extension-of-authorized-stay-beyond-59-days

for 6 months check here 

http://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/long-stay-visitor-visa-extension-lsvve

Edited by Woolf

SkyMan

You can check Woolf's link but I think the only difference between 1 and 2 months is p500 for the second month. The 6 month extension is the same cost as if you paid 3X2 month extensions.  The savings is that you save 2 trips to the BI. Be advised that if you leave the country and come back you start over. So don't get the 6 months if considering a trip soon.