• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhilsFan

• lamoe

• DeedleNuts

• KID

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's finally here! The $35k Tesla has arrived.  Order on your phone in 1-5 minutes, arrives at your home in 2-4 weeks. 7 day/1000 mile no-hassle return if not happy. 500K-1Mil mile driv

Boy you certainly wouldn't want to take a long trip if you have to stop every 170 miles to recharge.

Can anyone guess who has invested in Tesla stock ?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, lamoe said:

Looks like the map I posted and was told was wrong:scratch_head:

Well it is wrong cuz I know for a fact there are charging stations  in Limon CO at the Arby's that is not shown on the map:D

Edited by KID
  • Thanks 1
lamoe
26 minutes ago, KID said:

Well it is wrong cuz I know for a fact there are charging stations  in Limon CO at the Arby's that is not shown on the map:D

From their site -same as you used?:scratch_head:

Proposed vs actual?

Red = super charging, Gray = destination charging - doesn't say who pays

https://www.tesla.com/

Attract Tesla Drivers to your property by joining the Destination Charging network. Qualified properties will receive personalized assistance with installation and appropriate charging hardware. In addition, they will benefit from visibility in the charging maps on the Tesla website and in-vehicle navigation.

Tesla is doing the practical thing - take care of major roads first

Looks like E to W (357 M / 510 Km) North Dakota is doable with planning

image.thumb.png.0a0c5b9b8e9ee0e73b4abd9d0e506eb2.png

Edited by lamoe
45 minutes ago, KID said:

WTF----now it is showing the charging stations at the Arby's in Limon... Was not there the first time I looked at the map. I made several trips to Pueblo CO while my daughter was in college  and since Arbys is my fast food of choice That area was always my last food/fuel stop.Always found it odd the charging stations were in the Arby's instead of the gas station across the street

lamoe
21 minutes ago, KID said:

WTF----now it is showing the charging stations at the Arby's in Limon... Was not there the first time I looked at the map. I made several trips to Pueblo CO while my daughter was in college  and since Arbys is my fast food of choice That area was always my last food/fuel stop.Always found it odd the charging stations were in the Arby's instead of the gas station across the street

Destination charging?

2 hours ago, lamoe said:

Destination charging?

put the same route in both times

Headshot
3 hours ago, KID said:

Maybe they were only showing the Tesla-owned charging stations...

Edited by Headshot
lamoe
3 minutes ago, KID said:

put the same route in both times

Someone in IT has some splanin to do.

I eventually will wind up with one if it suits all my needs, as a gas fueled car does,  not just most.

15 minutes ago, lamoe said:

I eventually will wind up with one if it suits all my needs, as a gas fueled car does

I Drove a ford fusion hybrid while my 2 seater was in the shop after an idiot hit it while it was parked. I was impressed, had plenty of power and I used like a gallon of fuel in 3 days----nice car

Edited by KID
  • Like 1
PhilsFan

Model Y (the crossover-SUV) will be revealed this March 15.  10% cost increase over Model 3.

Improved Supercharger..1st one going online  Weds. approx 40% faster charging. So now a 30 min stop is 20min. 

I know when I am on a road trip, I get gas, clean the windshield of Bugs or Ice, I may check fluids or air pressure, take a bio break and get something to drink/snack for the next leg. that takes 12-15 min if I really hustle...Telsa refill times are almost the same as a gas car now. Remember you will mostly not visit gas stations anymore and will only use SC's if driving more than 200/mi day away from home. Home fueling with electricity is about 25% -35% of the cost of gasoline and you leave home "full" every day in a pre-warmed or cooled car.

OEM's are going to be forced to build GOOD electric cars now or face bankruptcy in the years ahead, which was exactly the plan Elon stated 10 years ago. And as of today, they will need to build them for 10-20K LESS money than they are currently. Good Luck with that, they are already selling them at a loss.

Edited by PhilsFan
DeedleNuts
On 3/1/2019 at 8:52 AM, PhilsFan said:

Most stops are about 20 minutes..you charge just enough to get to the next one if on a road trip...so drive 2.-3 hrs. stop and charge while eating, relief, etc. adds about an hour to an 800-mile trip.

I'm calling bullsh*t on that one. But just in case you're right about something let's have a look. I happen to have a 795 mile drive I'm extremely familiar with from LA to my folks home in Oregon - mostly right up the I-5. Should be Tesla-Ideal. In my new car it should go a little better but in the old car I have used many times, I drive it in 11 hours, and that's with a wife and a toddler.

Tesla has a handy planning gizmo, and it says ... 15 hours 21 minutes. I'm not a mathematics PhD but I'm fairly certain 15 minus 11 isn't 1. In fact since 12 is about my driving limit, what that does is turn it from a one day drive into a two day drive. 

For added emphasis, the current version of the planner only allows the 310 mile long range version of the 3 to be selected. The lower spec one would be even more abismal. 

My new car is a plug in hybrid for precisely use cases like this. 

After you get through hand waving that away, we can discuss what happens in cold weather. 

• Like 2
DeedleNuts
On 3/2/2019 at 4:08 PM, Semper paratus said:

Can anyone guess who has invested in Tesla stock ?

I invested in Tesla when it was $17, doesn't mean I'm going to fellate Elon. 

DeedleNuts
On 3/1/2019 at 11:36 PM, Semper paratus said:

Electricity is not free folks especially in the Philippines. And they cannot even meet the demand now, How about when millions of cars need charging ? What fuel will be burned to produce the electricity ?

Those are legit concerns but I'm very pleased with my PHEV so far. It's fantastic for errands on battery and when I take a longer drive I don't have to worry about "charging stations", I just drive it like a really efficient conventional vehicle. 

I'd consider an electric like the Model 3 for a 2nd car but not as a first car. But then my second car probably has to be a pickup truck, so I'll rephrase and say I'd consider a Model 3 as a third car. Except my 3rd car is technically an RV. Maybe as a 4th car, if my 4th and 5th cars were not already motorcycles. 

• Like 3