Swim training in Russia

Kahuna

Kahuna

Damn...  she's a better man than me    :)

Years ago I was at work and we were cutting huge branches from a tree [power line clearance] and I was the rope holder.  It was early spring near a lake where the lines ran and altho there wasn't any ice on it the outside temps were around 40F so I knew the water was going to be a bit cooler than that.  We were trying to keep the branches from hitting the lines as well as swinging them out from the water. He cut one and I held the rope because letting it go would cause the limb to hit the lines but I was pulled up and into the lake but my holding on kept the branch from hitting that line.  

Hitting that cold water took my breath away immediately. I'm a good swimmer but I was in work clothes and boots made for springtime in Illinois. I let go of the rope and it went out further from shore and I knew it would be hard to retrieve it so instead of heading to shore I swan out to grab it. I got it and came to shore and immediately got the chills. I was soaked..and they weren't going away and I was told to go to our work truck and warm up which I did.  

This girl swimming in that freezing water can't be having a good time I would think.  Whether it was for fun,exercise or to make it a viral hit there's no way I'd want to mimic her.  

Edited by Kahuna
spelling correction
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Kahuna said:

Damn...  she's a better man than me    :)

These days that statement may be truer than you think.

• Thanks 1
Goetz1965

Clearly visible is the electric cord in the back that heats her swimsuit - FAKE VIDEO !!!

• Confused 1
Kahuna
6 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

Clearly visible is the electric cord in the back that heats her swimsuit - FAKE VIDEO !!!

There's an aqua colored bungee cord that keeps her stationary while she was swimming,but where did you see your "electric cord"?  [you're saying she was heating her suit electrically,while being submersed in water?]  :shocked:

I don't think so..

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I to think her suit is electric, but powered by d cell battery's, dang i can't figure out where she's hiding them :scratch_head:

• Sad 1
Kahuna
9 minutes ago, bkb1 said:

I to think her suit is electric, but powered by d cell battery's, dang i can't figure out where she's hiding them :scratch_head:

So what you're saying is that she's loaded up either her vagina or her rectum with a series of "D" flashlite batteries and they are somehow connected to her swimsuit and takes that power and converts it to heat?  

That's prettty thin and probably painful to her to explain away how she is able to take the frigid waters.

I'm gonna lump this in with Goetz and say...

I don't think so.. 

Just joking, i guess i bombed out. Gotta remember to use this, :rofl: There are a few around these parts enjoy cutting a hole in the lake and jumping in, it's called a polar bear dip. Usually do it once a year, no heat required. I'm Canadian remember...

Thy health club i used to frequent had a danish cold plunge, a 5' x 5' hole in the floor about 4' deep filled with ice cold water with steps leading in and steps heading out. The deal was to sit in the sauna until you couldn't stand it, then run down the stairs, dunk yourself and then run out and then back to the sauna and repeat as necessary. Very refreshing

• Haha 1
Kahuna
3 minutes ago, bkb1 said:

Just joking, i guess i bombed out. Gotta remember to use this, :rofl: There are a few around these parts enjoy cutting a hole in the lake and jumping in, it's called a polar bear dip. Usually do it once a year, no heat required. I'm Canadian remember...

Thy health club i used to frequent had a danish cold plunge, a 5' x 5' hole in the floor about 4' deep filled with ice cold water with steps leading in and steps heading out. The deal was to sit in the sauna until you couldn't stand it, then run down the stairs, dunk yourself and then run out and then back to the sauna and repeat as necessary. Very refreshing

Ahh ok..:unsure:

You had me goin ..    :wink:

In hope of solidifying further US/Canada relations I'm putting this behind us now :)

Maybe when the temps are very warm I enjoy a "tepid" shower but other than that I'm not going to become very refreshed with a surprise freezing water dunk and more likely the shock will stop my heart and my last thought as I sink would be "why did I do that"?   :D  

But that's ok if others want to...:thumbsup:

• Haha 1