Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Alk

All set to get married here next month..but..Visa question

Recommended Posts

SkyMan
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Alk said:

  I"ll also start to plan the DCF K1 visa process now that we know the PSA is not needed.

The PSA MC is not needed to start the process but may be required by the end. I still recommend expediting that if you can.

I think your wife will need the PSA MC to get her passport in her married name. 

Edited by SkyMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedRanger
Posted (edited)
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:52 AM, Headshot said:

So, that is only the letter that says they have a date for an interview. They still have to get past the medical review and the consular interview, and then (if approved) they still have to wait for the visa. They have barely started the process, but the way it was stated, it looked like somebody thought the process was complete.

yes , this is how it works

Are you new to the visa process? 

Once you get NOA 2 Approval, it pretty much a walk in the park.  Manila embassy is pretty easy to deal with and compare to other embassy they are very easy to get an approval compared to many other countries.

CO interview now of day is short and sweet with usually on a few questions, and boom approved

 

 

Edited by RedRanger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedRanger
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:54 PM, smokey said:

Having applied for a few visa I can say expect more cost and drama

Why? You do your due diligence you will be aware of any cost that is coming?

I have done 3 visa in Manila, you have websites like Visajourney that is a step by step forum with sample forms and about everything you need to do a visa.

I would say anyone with a 7th grade education should be able to file a successful visa, very easy to do. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
1 hour ago, RedRanger said:

Once you get NOA 2 Approval, it pretty much a walk in the park.  Manila embassy is pretty easy to deal with and compare to other embassy they are very easy to get an approval compared to many other countries.

Maybe but when you said.....

On 3/1/2019 at 6:23 PM, RedRanger said:

DCF is best way to go, Some cat just got approved in 13 days on the immigration forum I am part of.

You made it sound like it was 13 days to visa in hand.  There's a lot more to including a lot of time.  Not as much as a K1 or filing from the US, but implying 13 days for the Visa process is misleading.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot

And if she doesn't pass the medical exam (which does happen), then the process can become much longer (or even endless).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedRanger
22 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Maybe but when you said.....

You made it sound like it was 13 days to visa in hand.  There's a lot more to including a lot of time.  Not as much as a K1 or filing from the US, but implying 13 days for the Visa process is misleading.

 I posted a picture of the approval letter for the petition

It says petition, did you not read it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadow
3 hours ago, RedRanger said:

 I posted a picture of the approval letter for the petition

It says petition, did you not read it?

 

It is beginning to appear as though you are only here to troll this thread. Several have posted that the way you made your post, that it appeared as though you were in fact inferring that the visa was approved, when in fact the only thing that had been approved was the petitioners right to file a petition for his wife. Did you not read this? Is that too difficult for you to understand?  Do you wish to continue? 

Any more of this and you will be banned from the thread.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedRanger
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:34 AM, shadow said:

It is beginning to appear as though you are only here to troll this thread. Several have posted that the way you made your post, that it appeared as though you were in fact inferring that the visa was approved, when in fact the only thing that had been approved was the petitioners right to file a petition for his wife. Did you not read this? Is that too difficult for you to understand?  Do you wish to continue? 

Any more of this and you will be banned from the thread.

That is why I put a picture of the petition approval letter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alk

Thanks again guys.  I thought i had enough good advice to get the wedding done, so I haven't stopped by here for a week or two. Looks like I missed a bit of drama.   The wedding will be tomorrow at the Hall of Justice.  We had assumed that once we had the marriage license we could pay to have the wedding anywhere we wanted, but that is not the case with a civil wedding.   She will not be able to wear the elaborate wedding dress she purchased for the wedding, but rather than more delays, we decided to live with that and get the wedding done in the quickest manner possible so we can start the visa process.  

So tomorrow we'll get the wedding behind us and talk to the judge who marries us about expediting the PSA copy of my marriage certificate.  Any other advice in keeping the Visa process on the fast track is always appreciated.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jawny

Congrats. You can always have another wedding ceremony, with vows etc. Done quite often. Of course, this may have another set of requirements if it is to be a church wedding. The church may want some sort of religious commitment in the form of counseling etc.  It’s funny to see in a church in my barangay the priest has posted a list of "rules" to be followed such as a class etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dafey

Congratulations Alk...hope everything works out well for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alk
2 hours ago, Jawny said:

Congrats. You can always have another wedding ceremony, with vows etc. Done quite often. Of course, this may have another set of requirements if it is to be a church wedding. The church may want some sort of religious commitment in the form of counseling etc.  It’s funny to see in a church in my barangay the priest has posted a list of "rules" to be followed such as a class etc.

Thanks Jawny  (and Dafey) for the well wishes.  We will return here to my condo in the hills above JY mall and she get change into her wedding gown and we'll go out on the patio area for pictures.  We've already paid for a photographer and the dress, so we might as well get our money's worth. 

A couple more quick questions.  I guess I'll file my I-130 form in Manila in the next week or so:

Does my spouse go to the embassy with me when I file the form?  

I know I can make an appointment, but I think i can also go as a walk-in.  Correct?  

Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks.

Alk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jawny
1 hour ago, Alk said:

Thanks Jawny  (and Dafey) for the well wishes.  We will return here to my condo in the hills above JY mall and she get change into her wedding gown and we'll go out on the patio area for pictures.  We've already paid for a photographer and the dress, so we might as well get our money's worth. 

Alk

I do have one bit advice about the photos.  Sometimes photographers here are more correctly aspiring photographers.  They want to do well, but lack the experience.  So, I’d be sure you have some ideas about what you want in the way of images.  

I have only one image of my wedding day.  Many were taken by a person who knew how to operate my camera. Oh so he said.  Only one image was usable. However, we are happy we have the single image.

i have seen many photo collections of weddings, some with an entourage of photographers as well as videographers. The results were often horrendous. . 

Just capture your smiling faces.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..