Sign in to follow this  
goggleye

Keeping your USA Cell phone number?

goggleye

I wanted to keep my US cell phone number    I see Tossable Digits  - they say they will "park" your cell phone number for $3.49 a month and you can add to that base to get calls forwarded  When you want to use it again you can just have it transferred to a new cell company.   anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?   thanks in advance

• Like 1

Agustin

$20 to Port your number into Google Voice and you can then still have an active number instead of parking it. The port fee is a one time fee and if you decide to port it back to a carrier then it's an additional fee for that but there are no ongoing monthly fees. 

If you want to actively use the number, you just need to install the Google Hangouts and Google dialer apps on your cellphone. You will then be able to make and receive calls and SMS through Google Hangouts as long as you have an internet connection. You can also also receive calls on your computer if using Chrome. 

Edited by Agustin
  • Like 4

SkyMan
2 hours ago, Agustin said:

$20 to Port your number into Google Voice and you can then still have an active number instead of parking it. The port fee is a one time fee and if you decide to port it back to a carrier then it's an additional fee for that but there are no ongoing monthly fees. 

If you want to actively use the number, you just need to install the Google Hangouts and Google dialer apps on your cellphone. You will then be able to make and receive calls and SMS through Google Hangouts as long as you have an internet connection. You can also also receive calls on your computer if using Chrome. 

I've had a number like this for years.  

• Like 1

goggleye

I have a google number already  - I think you can change it to a different number  - I will have to check with them about how to change it