smokey

Drivers License Renewal - Anything New?

smokey

Has anyone renewed their drivers lic and car registration i hear this year is different anyone have the how too? Step one.   Step 2 etc

Headshot

For you, the easiest would be to go to Seaside Mall. On the south side of the mall, on the outside, you first stop at Kaiser Medical Clinic to get your medical and drug tests (be sure that you can fill their cup because they will double charge you if there isn't enough pee to test (and they have to give you a new cup).

Next, you turn left on exiting the clinic, and go along the wall until you get to the LTO office. They have a senior priority system, so take advantage of it. They will process your application and give you a receipt. Take the receipt, turn left on exiting and walk around the outside of the mall until you get to the mall entrance.

As you enter the mall, the LTO printing office is on your left. Go to the receiving table, and tell them you are a senior. Otherwise, they will tell you to come back the next day. The seniors have a seating area right up front (so the hard-of-hearing can hear their names being called). Your name will be called for processing (again), and then you will be called again (after a while) to pick up your finished license. For those who are not seniors, this is a much longer process, and it will take at least parts of two days.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

smokey

Thanks finally a plus for being old

bugeye29

What age constitutes being a senior ?

Davaoeno

fivestarph

I have to renew my Driving Licence and I am a Senior.

Is it better to renew at J Center or SM Seaside?, I reside roughly between the two.

Views appreciated.

lamoe
4 minutes ago, fivestarph said:

I have to renew my Driving Licence and I am a Senior.

Is it better to renew at J Center or SM Seaside?, I reside roughly between the two.

Views appreciated.

Seaside is a more pleasant wait and being somewhat harder to get to probably better - go early  - not sure what time garage opens

• Like 2

to_dave007

Renewed license at LTO Danao in early May.

Arrived 7.30 am.  LTO opens at 8..  but drug test/medical test place was already open..  walked out of LTO before 11am with plastic 5 year license.  Painless.  Didn't seem any different from last time.

• Like 2

smokey

Done lto talisay used seinor with wife one hour

fivestarph
7 minutes ago, smokey said:

Done lto talisay used seinor with wife one hour

Wow, that is quick..

smokey

With wife one hour without 3 hours

• Like 1

Soupeod

smog test, register car, doc check and drivers lic in 1hr 30min. 

Move to Cebu where it takes you days and days!

• Thanks 1

smokey

I became one of the smart ones dealing with lto i ask someone else to do it

govoner
On 6/17/2019 at 7:43 AM, to_dave007 said:

Renewed license at LTO Danao in early May.

Arrived 7.30 am.  LTO opens at 8..  but drug test/medical test place was already open..  walked out of LTO before 11am with plastic 5 year license.  Painless.  Didn't seem any different from last time.

Can you get license on a tourist visa at Danao or do you need acr card or whatever it is called?

Jawny
2 hours ago, govoner said:

Can you get license on a tourist visa at Danao or do you need acr card or whatever it is called?

There is a requirement that to get a license, the foreign applicant has to prove they are residing in the Philippines for at least one year.  There are some recent threads on this topic in the archives. The differing LTO agencies have been strict or liberal about allowing tourist with visa extensions to be permitted to get the license. Check the archives or perhaps a member will respond. 

• Like 1