Sign in to follow this  
battleborn

Illegal Drugs

battleborn

I visited Cebu first in 2010, moved here permanently in 2013.  Through the years I have read of shootings of prisoners being released from jail, shootings for political reasons, buy-busts of persons involved with drugs.  With the current President I have watched his war on drugs and many pushers and drug lords being killed. Nothing really shocked me.

What really amazes me is the amount of drugs being seized in the past few months in spite of all the killings.  1 to 5m in piso in drugs being busted for does not seem to be unusual to read about today.

Usually only a small amount of the total is captured when being smuggled in.  Makes me wonder what is happening to Cebu and how big has the drug problem become and will it ever end?

By the way I live in Talisay

to_dave007

will never end here..  or anywhere else..  it's here to stay

• Like 1

battleborn

It may never end, but the amount of drugs arriving in Cebu and the PI is here to stay?

oztony

In 2003 all the young folks in my area , Tanjay 30 k's north of Dumaguete , were happy with a good feed , a few beers or shots of Tanduay and maybe a couple of them a bit of toke on a Bob Marley style cigarette ...and then the society destroying shabu arrived ... and I seen kids I had known fall into the shabu trap and the problem just kept getting progressively worse as the years went on ...we re-located ourselves out of the wifes extended family enclave in 2006 to a property we bought from her grandmother ...about 2 k's roadwise but 1 k if you cut through the rice paddy's ...and we put a drug free entry rule on the property , people that visit get stopped at the gate if they are on drugs and this has been the best way for us to distance ourselves from the shabu epidemic ...I have noticed over the last couple of years that the problem has subsided some with the new regime in place.

• Like 3

to_dave007
10 hours ago, oztony said:

we put a drug free entry rule on the property , people that visit get stopped at the gate if they are on drugs

I can recognize the signs of crack cocaine from back home..  But I confess I do not recognize the signs of shabu use.  How can you tell if someone is on drugs and should be stopped at the gate?

Soupeod
1 hour ago, to_dave007 said:

I can recognize the signs of crack cocaine from back home..  But I confess I do not recognize the signs of shabu use.  How can you tell if someone is on drugs and should be stopped at the gate?

Sheesh bro, google some pics of shabu users....black teeth, pimples... starving...and nasty looking.

to_dave007
1 hour ago, EOMFD464 said:

Sheesh bro, google some pics of shabu users....black teeth, pimples... starving...and nasty looking.

Since you have all the answers..  and the attitude that goes with being such a beacon of intelligence..  let me ask how you would recognize shabu use within the first couple of months of use..  long before the above symptoms would be so visible.  I am assuming that OzTony does not wish to wait till the symptoms are so drastic before barring entrance to his property. 

And I am not your bro.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

oztony

Cease fire please gentlemen.....

Being in a Barangay as we all know secrets and everyday happenings are common knowledge to everyone so of course you know who is using shabu , about a year or so ago one of my wifes cousins who I have known for 15 years heard I was in town so came over to our place smashed out of his brain at 9 am ...I just ambled up to the gate and said kumusta na amigo ...good to see you but you can't be here ...when you are drug free come back and have a beer with me (he was sweating profusely at 9 am)..

Any way we left for Aus. a couple weeks later ...and then get a phone call ..that the same guy came into the yard when the family were drinking in the resthouse ...made an ass of himself while high on shabu and got clipped by my wifes brother ...sat on the ground squealing about it , so they got the Tanod (neighbor who is the local community sherrif) to come and drag his ass out of the yard ....

• Like 2

oztony

https://www.narcononarrowhead.org/addiction/meth/how-to-spot-a-meth-user.html

Signs of Abusing Meth

There are specific signs that come along with abusing meth. These are some things to notice and look out for when faced with someone whom you suspect. These signs include:

Obsessive type of behavior (the user might get OCD, or repeat the same task over and over again.)

Very talkative and babbling

Rapid, darting eyes with dilated pupils

Often sweaty

Tooth decay, A.K.A. “meth mouth”

Skin lesions and sores that don’t go away in an appropriate amount of time

Weight loss

Absence from work or obligations/daily routines

Depression

Unexplained financial problems

Legal problems

Social isolation

Risky sexual behavior

Lack of appetite

Acting impulsively

Disorganized thoughts

Hallucinations

The user getting the sensation that bugs are crawling underneath their skin

Nervousness and anxiety

Loosening skin/bad skin

Insomnia (sometimes over long stretches)

Nausea

Vomiting

Trembling and shaking

Hair loss

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

battleborn

I like the talkative, sweaty, nervousness.  Sums it up for me.

Humboldt
2 hours ago, oztony said:

That Describes about 50% of the Taxi Drivers in Cebu City

• Haha 1

Davaoeno
6 hours ago, EOMFD464 said:

You really don't have a clue as to what you are saying EOM. I have dealt with many meth heads who when not tweaking gave no signs of being an addict .

• Haha 1

Jawny

A few years back, Ormoc City was a place with a lot of drug activity.  My BIL has a place not far from the highway, about 10km from Ormoc. Every few weeks, a young man, hog tied, and dead, would be found alongside the highway. Pretty sure he had the signs of being a drug user.  No more.  

• Like 1