Sign in to follow this  
CluelessAmi

Would love to get your guys' perspective on this situation

to_dave007

I ask the moderators to remove that offending personal information..  the address.. the stuff that can locate the people involved.  Why leave it here when we know it's not appropriate.

As for the question posed by OP..  I won't bother.  The girl..  and the Texan.. seem ok from what little I know..  and I wouldn't want to cast aspersions.

• Thanks 1

savarity

I think you might as well assume she is in a romantic relationship with her sponsor, and considering that, it's up to you if you want to continue seeing her.

CluelessAmi
1 minute ago, savarity said:

I think you might as well assume she is in a romantic relationship with her sponsor, and considering that, it's up to you if you want to continue seeing her.

This seems possibly right.  Either that, or it's an abusive situation.  Since making the original posting, I have learned some more.  According to the girl, he has complete and total control over her every action.  She moved in in mid-January ostensibly to help him keep his place clean and oversee the rental of another unit in the building.  Since then, the scope of "work" seems to have expanded.  He has apparently agreed to pay her college tuition and all her ongoing expenses, again (apparently) partially in exchange for her signing the necessary paperwork in her own name.

When I was in Cebu a while ago, the girl and I spent some time together but she was strangely unavailable on another night, saying that even though she didn't have work, "I'd love to, but my boss won't allow it."  That was a red flag to say the least.  I employ several people, and not for one second do I interfere in their personal lives.

She has done lots and lots of vidchats from the shared apartment, but only because he is back in the USA for a couple weeks.  She said that he will not allow her to do that when he was back, so not to count on it.

A few hours ago, she sent me a screenshot of one of their WhatsApp communications. The calling her "honey" and wanting to kiss her is pretty revolting, at least if she is being honest that that's not what she wants in any way, shape or form.

I also emailed the management of the building and got the guy's contact information.  I looked him up on FB -- he's a rather plump retired Russian-American who lives there part time.  I'm going to find out what is going on firsthand.  It's hard to believe that this is actually going on, but I full well realize that when money and a filipina are involved, all bets are off.

LL.jpg

oztony

And on that note ...I think we will close "Dear Abby" down .......

We are either being trolled or being accommodating to something I don't think really fits the bill for Linc.......

Hold tight folks while I consult my peers...... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

CluelessAmi

If anyone's curious: I contacted the building management.  They gave me the guy's email address.  Corresponded with him and -- what do you know -- she was indeed his girlfriend.  Sounds like a really nice guy, too.  He couldn't believe the whole of it until I sent him the evidence. She's now been kicked to the curb unceremoniously, his lawyer is notifying appropriate authorities lest she steal anything while he's gone, and rather than having all her expenses and tuition paid, she'll soon be working at Jollibee like any other dumb filipina liar.  Crazy!!!  You just cannot make this stuff up.

oztony

Clueless started another thread with the above post ^^^^^^^^^ so I merged it here , plus if you go back past my post in closing this thread ....you will see another post from clueless which was before hidden and what was ultimately the catalyst as to why I closed the thread .....

The thread will remain closed for now............

• Thanks 3

oztony
15 hours ago, CluelessAmi said:

If anyone's curious: I contacted the building management.  They gave me the guy's email address.  Corresponded with him and -- what do you know -- she was indeed his girlfriend.  Sounds like a really nice guy, too.  He couldn't believe the whole of it until I sent him the evidence. She's now been kicked to the curb unceremoniously, his lawyer is notifying appropriate authorities lest she steal anything while he's gone, and rather than having all her expenses and tuition paid, she'll soon be working at Jollibee like any other dumb filipina liar.  Crazy!!!  You just cannot make this stuff up.

I am of the opinion that you can make this stuff up ^^^^^^ ....and that would be the part about it that makes any sense.....

Thread re-opened and available for comment ....who's buying this and who isn't ...

Edited by oztony
  • Like 2

Jawny

I am becoming more suspicious of the facts as I read more and more.  I do recall some recent threads in a similar fashion within the past year or so.  After about five or six pages of back and forth posts, lasting many days, the OP seemed to fade into the background.  

Most of the love-related threads bring out an amazing number of forms of advice.  Within a day or so, members will be posting images of their wife/gf and using the topic to express their ideas about commitment. Others will boast of their prowess at the dating game, meanwhile, the details will be just believable enough to keep the comments flowing.

I do agree, you CAN make this stuff up.

• Like 8

Headshot
17 minutes ago, oztony said:

.who's buying this and who isn't ...

You want opinions? I think the entire thread is a troll. Have you checked the IP address to see if Clueless is actually one of our existing members?

And if Clueless is sincerely asking for help on a public forum, then I would suggest that he should stay a little closer to home. He made very poor choices getting involved with this girl (if she really exists). Why would anybody want to advertise that unless he wanted everybody to think he was really as "clueless" as his screen name purports?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

oztony
1 minute ago, Headshot said:

You want opinions?

As long as everybody remains civil ..yes..

Lets see what the general consensus on this is .....

• Like 1

KID

I think the best advise to date for peace of mind was the use of pointman. 

• Like 1

Dafey
38 minutes ago, oztony said:

As long as everybody remains civil ..yes..

Lets see what the general consensus on this is .....

28 minutes ago, KID said:

I think you missed the point Kid

• Like 1

oztony
15 minutes ago, KID said:

4 minutes ago, Dafey said:

I think you missed the point Kid

Unless he was referring to us here at Linc to engage Pointman to check the validity of Clueless's story.......:ROFLMAO:

• Haha 3

Salty Dog
38 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Have you checked the IP address to see if Clueless is actually one of our existing members?

WOW, why didn't one of the staff think of that...:scratch_head:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

CluelessAmi

The Russian guy was delighted that I reached out to him.  The girl had apparently told him she was going away to visit her mom in the provinces when she spent four days with me.  Duhhh, of course he was not at all thrilled with the information, but much better to know than not to know.  Anyway, hearts can't be breaking over this one: tubby 60-something American/Russian dude and tiny 20 year old girl who speaks broken English and in exchange for college tuition and an aircon'd place to live, in exchange for doing the deed ... well, that's not the stuff of dreams.  

At the point, I don't reckon that the services of this Pointman chap are relevant -- the whole thing has been solved.  I guess he gets back in two weeks.  "If she is good I wouldn't hurt her too much."  <-- nice