Sign in to follow this  
Freetochat

Exit Clearence for a Fillipina

Freetochat

I have had to return to the UK due to a family illness, and whilst staying in the UK, my Filipina fiance is going to visit for a coupe of months.  I have heard of difficulties for Filipinas to leave PH.  Does ahe need to obtain an exit clearence the same as foreigners leaving after six months, or is it just questioning by immigration on leaving?  Appreciate the guidance if someone has experienced this.

SkyMan

She has nothing to do with the BI. She does, of course,  need a UK Visa and will pay travel tax on departure.  She might need a CFO seminar. 

cruiser9

My experience is taking gf to another SEAsian country through Cebu airport.  No exit clearance.  850 peso terminal fee and 1,620 peso (scam) Philippine Travel Tax for Philippines passport holders to exit every time.  

Initial grilling at the immigration booth, pulled out of line for more detailed interview in the nearby office and then escalated to next level for another interview.  My understanding is that gf could have been denied exit during any of the three interviews.  All subsequent exit out of the country were a breeze with no further interviews through the Cebu airport.

In your case, I'm assuming she already has UK visa, so maybe easier exit process?

• Like 1

Woolf
7 minutes ago, cruiser9 said:

My experience is taking gf to another SEAsian country through Cebu airport.  No exit clearance.  850 peso terminal fee and 1,620 peso (scam) Philippine Travel Tax for Philippines passport holders to exit every time.  

How is it, that travel tax is a scam ???

So the 12% VAT you pay on the airline ticket is also a scam ??

and the 12% VAT you pay when grocery shopping is also a scam ??

• Like 2

SkyMan
11 minutes ago, Woolf said:

How is it, that travel tax is a scam ???

What does it supposedly pay for? 

Woolf
3 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

What does it supposedly pay for? 

What are all other taxes supposed to pay for ??

here is the Tieza web site, check it for yourself 

http://tieza.gov.ph/

SkyMan

TT is supposed to pay for tourism which the PI doesn't need.  The PI needs to clean up it's pollution and then guess what?  Tourism will follow. 

• Like 1

SkyMan

@Freetochat Has she traveled out of the country before? Also, if she's older it will be easier. They give the younger girls a harder time. 

• Like 1

Daddle

Yes, the questioning can be intimidating. They are trying to catch people avoiding the OFW process. Patiently answering the questions - over and over - with the same simple truth is what it takes.

"Going to visit my fiancee in the UK."

"For two months."

"He completely supports me."

Make sure there is no current/past evidence to the contrary. They are very used to being lied to.

I have never noticed an 'exit clearance' process for myself as a long stay tourist from the US.

• Like 1

Jawny
1 hour ago, Daddle said:

Yes, the questioning can be intimidating. They are trying to catch people avoiding the OFW process. Patiently answering the questions - over and over - with the same simple truth is what it takes.

"Going to visit my fiancee in the UK."

"For two months."

"He completely supports me."

Make sure there is no current/past evidence to the contrary. They are very used to being lied to.

I have never noticed an 'exit clearance' process for myself as a long stay tourist from the US.

I thought that the UK requires a visa for Philippine tourists, and this visa was granted when the potential tourist was able to show they were able to support themselves while on holiday. I am guessing that the BI would ask to see a UK visa, and a statement such as "He completely supports me" might cause unwanted scrutiny. 

• Like 2

Daddle
37 minutes ago, Jawny said:

I thought that the UK requires a visa for Philippine tourists, and this visa was granted when the potential tourist was able to show they were able to support themselves while on holiday. I am guessing that the BI would ask to see a UK visa, and a statement such as "He completely supports me" might cause unwanted scrutiny. 

I think support from a partner qualifies as 'supporting oneself.' That is what my filipina gf, fiancee, now wife, alway said.  She had only small 'cab fare' money with her, no credit card.

I did hear somewhere pre-clearance might be possible.

From what she has said it is sometimes disturbingly intense. But she just stuck to the same simple facts over and over. No extravagant stories, no tears. Same at the US immigration...which has the added thrill of being unnecessarily rude. Not respectful like PI.

We also pass thru various immigration ports via our sailboat sometimes...for which the the interactions with immigration are always pleasant...polite conversation and rubber stamp simplicity. Odd.

• Like 1

Freetochat

Thank you for all the advice.

1.  She already has a UK visa, a fairly painless process.  VFS Global was the only problem. Cebu does not have link to the current UK immigration online application system.  The old application site has to be used. Crazy because the Cebu office is listed on the new site.

2.  I will certainly advise her of the possible 'strong' interview that she may encounter when leaving.  Maybe add an hour to waiting time before flight in case of any interview delays.  Hopefully this will not be an issue given that part of the visa process is proving financial support whilst away.

3. I wasn't aware of the travel tax, so will be able to warn her about that.  I have never paid it on my visits out of the PH. Even when I have been there over a year.  I am not surprised about the tax, as so many don't pay income tax living in a cash society.  Government has to get their income from somewhere.

4. Can only hope that the plans and trip continues to go smoothly.

SkyMan
On 2/18/2019 at 7:55 AM, SkyMan said:

She might need a CFO seminar. 

I know that by the official rules she doesn't need a CFO but what's on paper isn't always the way it goes.  If your relationship is viewed as more spousal it could be a problem,  especially if the ticket is one way.  If there's time it would be better for her to get a CFO certificate. 

https://www.cfo.gov.ph/news/cfo-news-and-events/16-fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals.html

Freetochat

Thanks to all the advice.  Exit was without issues.  She went prepared with all our submission for the visa.  Immigration just asked two questions.  1. What is purpose of trip?  2. Have you met your partner? (Proven by a couple of photos of us together in Cebu.  That was it.

• Like 3