SkyMan

I hate going to Manila

GBT62

If Aussie members need to go to the AU Embassy in Manila - I did a passport renewal last week -  a close (5-10mins walk depending on traffic) is the Red Planet Amorsolo.

Basic but clean, like all Red Planets - around 2-3K PHP - with a 7-11 and a decent resto for brekky etc in the ground floor.

I wouldn't stay a week - but for a quick Embassy run was ideal :thumbsup:

• Like 1

onemoretry

yeah red planet maybe great for midgets ..so freaking small...I dont get it why people dont use airbnb for the same price i get an apartment and for 3K it sure have pool and gym..

at the moment I stay just across the us embassy in manila and pay less then 2k for it

• Like 1

GBT62
9 hours ago, onemoretry said:

yeah red planet maybe great for midgets ..so freaking small...I dont get it why people dont use airbnb for the same price i get an apartment and for 3K it sure have pool and gym..

at the moment I stay just across the us embassy in manila and pay less then 2k for it

At 6FT and 100KG I aint no midget - the king size bed and full size bathroom were fine - much larger than any pokey little hole in Japan I have stayed at - so for 24 hours was no issue - like I said I wouldn't stay a week.

I use AirBNB regularly - but not for overnighters for important trips  - I have found many (specially in Cebu) had issues to sort out with the owner in the first day or two  - A/C not working, Internet/cable expired or broken, appliances like jugs or microwaves, irons broken or missing. They tend to use the lowest price appliances and generally take 2-3 days to sort out. The last Cebu AirBNB I had booked for 3 weeks - but left after 5 days when they couldn't get "the guy" to come fix the A/C  - despite their great rating and reassurances its being fixed "soon Sir"  - and offering discount/refund to stay longer.....

For an overnighter needed near the AU (not US) embassy - all that was mandatory was reliable AC and WIFI and food nearby - and a lobby for any quick requirements.  The extra 500-800PHP for the night over an AirBNB was worth it for a single night.

• Like 2

KID

I liked this place but i am not hard to please. Clean and not far from the embassy and lots of good eating in the area http://www.malatepensionne.com/

Edited by KID

onemoretry
15 hours ago, GBT62 said:

At 6FT and 100KG I aint no midget - the king size bed and full size bathroom were fine - much larger than any pokey little hole in Japan I have stayed at - so for 24 hours was no issue - like I said I wouldn't stay a week.

I use AirBNB regularly - but not for overnighters for important trips  - I have found many (specially in Cebu) had issues to sort out with the owner in the first day or two  - A/C not working, Internet/cable expired or broken, appliances like jugs or microwaves, irons broken or missing. They tend to use the lowest price appliances and generally take 2-3 days to sort out. The last Cebu AirBNB I had booked for 3 weeks - but left after 5 days when they couldn't get "the guy" to come fix the A/C  - despite their great rating and reassurances its being fixed "soon Sir"  - and offering discount/refund to stay longer.....

For an overnighter needed near the AU (not US) embassy - all that was mandatory was reliable AC and WIFI and food nearby - and a lobby for any quick requirements.  The extra 500-800PHP for the night over an AirBNB was worth it for a single night.

well i guess you been misfortune then...I never had a single problem since i start use airbnb for 4 years ago instead of hotels..

sorry i not check close to au embassy for you but it was not my point ..i guess there are good options near there too..

I agree the bed was great in red planet but it was all that fit in the room.. i need to step over my bag to get there do haha...

I dont use airbnb to save money i use it to get better for my money...and also if have pool on the hotel its crowded with tourist...if go normal building no natives there before sunset because of probably working or avoid the sun haha

• Like 2

RedRanger
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:30 AM, onemoretry said:

I am 6' 2" and about 260 lbs, I am no midget.  Now the RedPlanet in Makita is much smaller room, but has the freaking best pizza in the sports bar attached to the hotel, but it's older.  I stayed at the RedPlanet in Davao City last trip as well, I wasn't that impressed with it either.

My buddy stayed at Hilton in Manila, they gave him a smoking room so he could smoke inside his room, and had free bottles of alcohol during the stay, but he was paying like $200 USD per night there.   

• Like 1