Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

I hate going to Manila

SkyMan

But if I don't go once a year or so the VA stops sending me meds and we don't want that. Flight out from Mactan on CP went ok but they tend to be on time in the morning. Something to note you may not be aware of. If you're picking someone up or dropping them off, just go to the domestic terminal parking. There is only one car park and entrance is closer to domestic.  Walk to/from the VA wasn't bad.  Seemed like less traffic than previous trips.  

Now I'm back at T4 and it's like back in the stone age.  Guard wouldn't let me in the gate area without a paper boarding pass. WTFO? It is T4 but geesh. I should have asked her if typed up with 2 or 3 carbon copies would suffice.  Asked Air Asia if I could bump to an earlier flight since I got done early. No. Really? You'd rather send off an empty seat then let me fill it and have a few hours to sell my seat again?  Gate area does have a Papa John's but I didn't expect much and was sadly underwhelmed at that.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

SkyMan

Btw it was just dumb luck, I mean a complete tragedy that my appointments were scheduled today. So sad.

SkyMan

Some  funny shvit here. The 1255 flight to Cebu was delayed and delayed. Then out of nowhere they give a final boarding call for Cebu.  Heads were snapping around, what, what, what!  Half the room jumped up and ran for the gate. Hahahaha 

Then they gave a normal boarding call.

Sad thing is,  I believe that delayed plane has to fly to Cebu and back to get me.  😭

Edited by SkyMan

liquido

Just take from the trip there a thought of thank fullness that you have a choice of not to live there...

• Like 1

smokey

I like manila cebu is to province

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Soupeod
1 hour ago, smokey said:

I like manila cebu is to province

Huh?

• Like 1

samatm

It is really stupid how these cheapo carriers  are not flexible enough to allow space available flights if say you want to catch an earlier flight out.... been there and done that.   Its because their computer wizard is greedy.   I was in a situation last year where.... I could get on the next flight out ...if I had 9K pesos ...or wait another 6 hours for the early am flight....   The stupid plane was half empty and they said their system would allow me to change flights... so it takes off  Half Empty ....leaving a paying customer disgruntled .   I really dont understand the disconnect.  Maybe someone here understands the logic the airlines take here.   I mean ... If I were a CP employee.. they would have inserted me into the flight ASAP..  I mean it can be done...so why not with a  paying customer when seats are available? 

• Like 1

Headshot
2 hours ago, EOMFD464 said:

Huh?

You need an interpreter?

I like Manila. Cebu is too province.

• Thanks 1

Soupeod
47 minutes ago, Headshot said:

You need an interpreter?

I like Manila. Cebu is too province.

Thanks and please continue to interpret the rest of his posts! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

greatplace

The best part of Manila is the airport departure lounge.......it least you know your getting out of the dump:thumbs_down:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SkyMan
12 hours ago, samatm said:

It is really stupid how these cheapo carriers  are not flexible enough to allow space available flights if say you want to catch an earlier flight out.... been there and done that.   Its because their computer wizard is greedy.   I was in a situation last year where.... I could get on the next flight out ...if I had 9K pesos ...or wait another 6 hours for the early am flight....   The stupid plane was half empty and they said their system would allow me to change flights... so it takes off  Half Empty ....leaving a paying customer disgruntled .   I really dont understand the disconnect.  Maybe someone here understands the logic the airlines take here.   I mean ... If I were a CP employee.. they would have inserted me into the flight ASAP..  I mean it can be done...so why not with a  paying customer when seats are available? 

The only thing I can figure is they are worried that nobody will buy the more expensive earlier flights and just buy a cheaper later flight but show up earlier hoping to get on. I imagine some would. I would have been willing to pay the difference though. The benefit I see for them is that I would have taken a seat that was empty anyway and they would have had some time to resell my original seat. 

My flight was actually nearly on time so it must have been a different plane than the one that left late before my flight. 

liquido
3 hours ago, greatplace said:

The best part of Manila is the airport departure lounge.......it least you know your getting out of the dump:thumbs_down:

Hell even the president does not want to live there...He comes back to Davao as often as he can...

• Like 1

smokey

Well smokey like manila mucho.  Bored in cebu to andy of mayberry for me

2 hours ago, liquido said:

Hell even the president does not want to live there...He comes back to Davao as often as he can...

Did he tell you that personally wow 

liquido
9 minutes ago, smokey said:

Well smokey like manila mucho.  Bored in cebu to andy of mayberry for me

Did he tell you that personally wow 

Yeah...We are buds

• Haha 1

smokey
2 hours ago, liquido said:

Yeah...We are buds

Can you ask him if we can get senior cards also sure like the free movie deal 

18 hours ago, EOMFD464 said:

Thanks and please continue to interpret the rest of his posts! :lol:

Oh how cold the he is a dummy reply. Think of me as jed in the Beverly hillbillies