Woolf

looks like no one agrees on anything

Jawny

One way I evaluate the weather is to use a nap.  I go outside, check the weather.  I go inside, take a nap and check again.  It’s always changed.

• Like 3

rfm010
14 hours ago, BossHog said:

Round and round she goes.. where she stops nobody knows...

02W_geps_latest.thumb.png.271ca5c380cbcd1f89c357c983257d54.png

One of those squiggly lines goes right over my roof.  I'd put my money on that one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

MickyG

I know windy.com may not be the best to follow but if yu try, it does suggest this will blow itself out before hitting the Cagyan region

• Like 1

BossHog

JTWC and JMA both have this at typhoon strength now. It got strong fast. All predictions I see show a recurve to the NE after passing Guam.

No Philippine impact is expected right now.

Well, the surfers on Siargao might get some big swell in the coming days but that's about it.

• Like 2

BossHog

Whelp, still out there and strengthening. There are one or two outlier models showing Wutip coming this way but that seems highly doubtful. You never know with storms though.

rb-l.thumb.gif.66f62b8f35545caf3741127f1d26a24d.gif

• Like 1

Dafey

The purple is one of the USA models...usually pretty accurate. I think the Red one...Europe...needs to stay out of the tropical storm business altogether!

This doesn't look like a threat unless it loops 270 degrees and hit warm water again...that would take about a month.

image.thumb.png.b440f05afe396c084829b922151a36f5.png

• Haha 1

BossHog

Typhoon Wutip has really strengthened and should peak today at 140 knots and 925 hPa Cat 5.

The recurve scenario is looking less likely now, too. A track to the NW seems more in the cards.

Almost certainly going to be the strongest February typhoon on the books.

02W_geps_latest.thumb.png.c432fa5ef363a6ad9862ed09d500cb77.png625322322_wp0219(2).thumb.gif.f2a9b75546fa859a57be2ba7306c354d.gif

"1 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 24, Guam time: Rare for this time of year, Wutip has suddenly morphed into a super typhoon and the strongest one on record to threaten the Marianas Islands in the month of February."

https://www.stripes.com/blogs/pacific-storm-tracker/super-typhoon-02w-wutip-10-1.569132

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

rfm010

The weather here has already been affected.  Air traffic over my house has switched from the northbound departures typical of the dry season to the from the west-northwest to east-southeast arrivals seen during the rainy season.  Sort of like having my own fancy weather vane. 

• Like 1

Woolf
21 minutes ago, rfm010 said:

The weather here has already been affected.  Air traffic over my house has switched from the northbound departures typical of the dry season to the from the west-northwest to east-southeast arrivals seen during the rainy season.  Sort of like having my own fancy weather vane. 

Looks to me like the are using the west to east runway for landing, this is what I see the most

real time flight tracks

https://www.flightradar24.com/multiview/14.48,121.02/11

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

Woolf
On 2/22/2019 at 4:54 PM, Dafey said:

The purple is one of the USA models...usually pretty accurate. I think the Red one...Europe...needs to stay out of the tropical storm business altogether!

This doesn't look like a threat unless it loops 270 degrees and hit warm water again...that would take about a month.

image.thumb.png.b440f05afe396c084829b922151a36f5.png

ooh well, looks like the 2 us models  have changed now, can they make up their minds ???? 

typhoon wupti 2019-02-24.png

Dafey
7 hours ago, Woolf said:

ooh well, looks like the 2 us models  have changed now, can they make up their minds ???? 

Haha...being a weatherman is like being a woman...it's always okay to change your mind!

• Like 1

SkyMan
Posted (edited)

Could be bad for Samar....

02W_geps_latest.png

Or Hawaii. 

Edited by SkyMan

Woolf

Hmmm @SkyMan

That chart is,  as far as I can see, from feb 19, I think it is a bit outdated 

this how it looked yesterday

image.thumb.png.64cf5d19d0769631957185dcd6153fed.png